Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Korn

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah this album is sounding as good as 2016 Korn probably could. Loving it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Surprised by how good that sounds.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Man, I REALLY miss David... Ray is good and all, but I miss the distinct style David had in his drumming. I would love to see a full band reunion at some point. All that aside, this album does seem like it'll be the best they've done in a while.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Triggermine Yeah, I miss Dave as well. Just not the same without him. Then again, from what he said, it was the writing/recording process that changed the band. They were no longer sharing a room and jamming together. Instead they were separated, coming in on their own to record their individual parts. A lot of their groove/soul got sucked out that way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    @Triggermine Yeah, I miss Dave as well. Just not the same without him. Then again, from what he said, it was the writing/recording process that changed the band. They were no longer sharing a room and jamming together. Instead they were separated, coming in on their own to record their individual parts. A lot of their groove/soul got sucked out that way.
    Sounds like what happened with Deftones. That definitely almost broke them up, but they pulled it all back together. I wonder if they've started working together in the same room again...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    chorus kills the whole vibe of the song. goes from really heavy dark to cheesy/boring in an instant. disappointing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's a decent song. But their song structure of having the same chorus play a half a dozen times is tiring. Verse-chorus-verse-chorus-verse-chorus... there used to be so much more to them. Their songs had depth. Now their songs are just choruses with a few verses thrown in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Meh

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

opening riff reminds of The Deftones for some reason.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post

opening riff reminds of The Deftones for some reason.

I could definitely get where you're coming from saying that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    reminds me of korn...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the opening riff reminds me of "Beat it Upright" from Untouchables

a working link

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    at least the deluxe edition has a better album cover

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    New video

Last edited by LaneSax; 10-06-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Very much sounds like untouchable again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    too "produced" sounding, especially the drums. still sounds very much like the last album...every chorus is extremely lame and repeating it 10x in every song sure doesnt help.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Song is ok. Not bad. Chorus is whatever. I think it was only played three times (I halfassed counted). Shaping up to be a pretty decent album. The choruses and repeating them is a problem. I guess that's what pop bands do though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so far I find the tracks pretty "blah" except for Rotting in Vain.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    http://www.laweekly.com/music/brian-...-album-7488856

From a recent Head interview... I guess those comments made by David about Korn becoming the JD show ring true.

The Serenity of Suffering, Korn’s 12th studio album, is the second since Head returned, and the guitarist says that he and fellow six-stringer James “Munky” Shaffer have successfully lobbied for a return to the original Korn sound.
    “I was like, I want to feel this,” Head says. “I want to feel it strong inside like we did in the beginning. I want to have energy. I want the fans to move. Munky felt the same way. We had to convince Jonathan [Davis, the band's lead singer] a little bit, but we got there.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Can`t stop posting here. Can`t stop listening to Korn either. No idea why. Is it self loathing. Am I longing for a simpler time. I wasn`t even that much into this band when they were ruling the airwaves. Analyzing this band feels like trying to find a deeper meaning behind the mcdonalds breakfast menu. Still I do it. These new songs have some cool parts that recall their heyday. Everything so far gets lame with the verse and choruses. I bet if you edited together all the intros and breakdowns you would get enough for a pretty cool EP.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Korn is like an old friend that isn't doing too well. You check in on them every so often and see how they're doing. Hasn't been good for awhile. But I can't stop but be curious to see if what they do is better than the halfassed pop forumlaic stuff they've been shitting out.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Can`t stop posting here. Can`t stop listening to Korn either. No idea why. Is it self loathing. Am I longing for a simpler time. I wasn`t even that much into this band when they were ruling the airwaves. Analyzing this band feels like trying to find a deeper meaning behind the mcdonalds breakfast menu. Still I do it.
    I'm with you, man. Like, I never once thought Korn was a legitimately good band. When I first heard "Freak on a Leash", I said "people made this weird-ass song a #1 hit?" Yet, there was a time when I would listen to nothing but Korn for MONTHS. And I still keep coming back to them from time to time, watching their live videos, always cringing when they make mistakes (they've been a band for more than 20 years and they still make amateur's flubs) but still watching with eyes wide open. I don't know what they have in them, but, somehow, this big, ugly sound of theirs, combined with JD's nasal singing and screaming and cursing about dark, dark things... somehow, it all resonates with me. Sometimes, it worries me, too.

And their tendency to go "back to basics"... sheesh. They've had a tour literally named "Back 2 Basics", and Korn III and The Serenity of Suffering are both attempts to go back to their "glory days". They seem to go "back to basics" every time they "experiment" with electronic music producers (including, of course, our own Atticus) or a shitload of weird instruments.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The last Korn album that I enjoyed was Issues. Sadly, the rest were hit or miss, more miss than hit. But I found myself shockingly enjoying this album. Yes, the feeling is quite bewildering after all of these years. Though I think they need a good kick in the ass when it comes to song structure. But the riffs are quite strong with this one.

Apparently Japan gets an additional bonus track along with the two deluxe edition tracks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This is actually the third "back to basics" album. Issues is the last album by them that I would consider great. And it was the end of an era in a way. I don't like much of Untouchables. Some good songs, but a lot of crap. Take a look was better but it was pretty forced. Everything after that is very hit or miss. But, if I don't like the entire albums, there are at least a song or two from them to enjoy from the albums. These days they're pretty much a pop band while trying to come off as if they're still a nu-metal band.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    There are some solid riffs on this album and if they cut one round of chorus out of each song, it would be a lot better as a whole. Honestly, it's their best overall album since Untouchables. The Hating is one of the best songs Korn has ever written.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 10-21-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    In honor of the new Korn album coming out, here's 10 of my fave Korn tracks: (not necessarily my absolute top ten, but ones that come to mind atm):

"Hollow Life" - (Untouchables)
    "Thoughtless" - (Untouchables)
    "Ass Itch" - (Life is Peachy)
    "Wicked" - (Life is Peachy)
    "Falling Away from Me" - (Issues)
    "Helmet in the Bush" - (Korn)
    "Y'All Wanna A Single" - (Take A Look in the Mirror)
    "Embrace" - (Untouchables)
    "Need To" - (Korn)
    "Open Up" - (See You On the Other Side)
    bonus #11: "Word Up" - (Greatest Hits Vol. 1)

Least favourites include:

"Another Brick the Wall" - ugh, just no
    "Make Believe", "Blame", "Alone I Break" - I swear Untouchables is half garbage, half awesome
    "Counting On Me"
    "Coming Undone" (some of The Matrix's songs on SYOTOS were too mainstream-sounding for Korn imho, and this We Will Rock You rip-off has never sat well with me)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    There are some solid riffs on this album and if they cut one round of chorus out of each song, it would be a lot better as a whole. Honestly, it's their best overall album since Untouchables. The Hating is one of the best songs Korn has ever written.
    Finally got my hands on the new record
    not bad so far, The Hating is awesome!