Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Placebo

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Oh, great. I forgot to cancel my box set order.

The fact that I'm giving them €90 for this album disgusts me.
    oy vey. i'm sorry. i'm still pissed about several things regarding the battle for the sun box set (DVD is region 2 and they didn't say anything about it before hand, live tracks for burning to the CD-R were only ever released as MP3s), but it sure is damn pretty.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If it's one with a signed art print, I could probably ebay it for a good price. Failing that, I'm sure the "Alternative Videos" DVD will be hysterically awful so at least it will be entertaining.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post, BUT:

To further my reputation as PM Queen of ETS, if anyone needs the iTunes bonus track... you know what to do. It's REALLY good.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bought the "Limited deluxe edition" today... (the price for the boxset is laughable in the bad way...)
    Nothing much to see here: (fragile) digipack, booklet, the regular cd and a 8 song DVD called "Live at the Rak studios", it's a bit late so i'll be checking the DVD tomorrow...

Edit: "A Million Little Pieces" is officially my favorite song from the album...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-15-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Bought the "Limited deluxe edition" today... (the prince for the boxset is laughable in the bad way...)
    Nothing much to see here: (fragile) digipack, booklet, the regular cd and a 8 song DVD called "Live at the Rak studios", it's a bit late so'll be checking the DVD tomorrow...

Edit: "A Million Little Pieces" is officially my favorite song from the album...
    are there lyrics inside?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    are there lyrics inside?
    Nope, just "one liners" taken from "Loud Like Love", to be honest i was disappointed...

The booklet artwork is mostly it's the "exploding colors" art with superimposed pictures of Brian, Stefan and Steve and a centerfold picture of the band where they suspiciously look like U2 circa "Joshua Tree" (not making this up, even Stefan's beard kinda reminds me to The Edge...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nope, just "one liners" taken from "Loud Like Love", to be honest i was disappointed...

The booklet artwork is mostly it's the "exploding colors" art with superimposed pictures of Brian, Stefan and Steve and a centerfold picture of the band where they suspiciously look like U2 circa "Joshua Tree" (not making this up, even Stefan's beard kinda reminds me to The Edge...)
    that sucks big time

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    that sucks big time
    It does but what the hell...

I watched the "Live" DVD, they play 7 songs from the new album (plus the itunes edition bonus track: "Pity Party (of One)")

The session is ok, and nicely filmed (even though is very similar to the bonus DVD it came with NIN's, The Slip), Brian looks just like in the 90's and i was amazed to see a girl play with them (No, i'm not referring to the drummer...)
    Other than that there's no more extras in the DVD.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    and i was amazed to see a girl play with them (No, i'm not referring to the drummer...)
    You obviously haven't seen them play live in a while :P

Oh yeah, apparently it seems the live lineup is the same as the BFTS tour. I can keep perving at Nick when I get bored!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Mmm, Fiona. So much upskirt.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You obviously haven't seen them play live in a while :P

Oh yeah, apparently it seems the live lineup is the same as the BFTS tour. I can keep perving at Nick when I get bored!
    The first time i saw them was waaay back in 2001 (The first Placebo gig in Mexico, ever).
    Second time was during the "Sleeping with ghosts tour" and the last time for me was back in 2005, during the "Greatest hits tour", so yeah, it's been a while for me...

They played a date nearby, during the "Battle for the sun" tour but i wasn't able to attend... (I regret it because i have never seen them with the "new" drummer).

On topic: It seems there will be a "live session" streaming live tomorrow at 8 (UK time).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ok, I am in fucking love with this album.

Most notably Exit Wounds (fuck me, that chorus!) Scene of the Crime, and A Million Little Pieces.

And this may sound dumb, but I get goosebumps every time I hear the line "we have craved them" from Loud Like Love...not sure why, the music mixed with Brian's vocals are just haunting in that little second.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Box set came (unsigned ) and it's quite gorgeous.

Alternative Videos DVD notes:
    Loud Like Love - the lazy fuckers just put the lyrics video on.
    Scene of the Crime - pretty but boring. Just a couple dancing/fighting.
    Too Many Friends - actually good.
    Hold On To Me - boring, just like the song.
    Rob The Bank - I really like the video, but it doesn't really suit the song.
    A Million Little Pieces - pretty bad. Also, lol nudity.
    Exit Wounds - really good, it's like something from the SWG/Meds era of videos.
    Purify - darkest Placebo video for a while. I quite like it, even though it's hardly subtle.
    Begin The End - Love it. The end is a bit odd.
    Bosco - UGH. It LOOKS pretty, but it's pretty nonsensical. Pretty pissed off with that right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What tracks are on the rehearsal dvd? (Im assuming that those will be the ones getting heavy rotation on the tour)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    What tracks are on the rehearsal dvd? (Im assuming that those will be the ones getting heavy rotation on the tour)
    In order:

1. Loud Like Love
    2. Scene of the Crime
    3. Too Many Friends
    4. Purify
    5. Pity party (for one)
    6. Exit Wounds
    7. A Million little Pieces
    8. Begin the End

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm I guess im ok with most of that list.
    Is pity party available as a stand alone track on itunes or am I going go have to aquire it illegally? (Im not paying for the full album twice)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    Hmmm I guess im ok with most of that list.
    Is pity party available as a stand alone track on itunes or am I going go have to aquire it illegally? (Im not paying for the full album twice)
    I think is just available in itunes, im cool without it... the song is nothing special... :/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really like Pity Party :/

Also, another chance to spam my inbox: I ripped the audio for the rehearsal DVD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I must say that I listen to the new Placebo album more than the NIN album these days... don't know why really

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I must say that I listen to the new Placebo album more than the NIN album these days... don't know why really
    Me too, but i figured out why: You don't need to pay much attention to it... so it's "easier to listen" (not necessarily a bad thing).

The new NIN album demands more attention...

On a sad note: i'm getting bored of LLL really fast (it usually happens with the Placebo albums but it takes longer usually... the only album that never bores me by them is the first one)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This album stinks... besides a few good eye openers, it drags and drags for me. I'll go back to listening to everything up to Meds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last year was just a "general" tour, albeit still heavy with BFTS songs. The general consensus is that they were doing it for the money to record the album.
    Okay, this is another reason I'm not a fan of them anymore. You can smell that they are doing it now just for that stupid money.
    Aren't they famous and rich enough to record an album without a tour?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Although the last tour was pretty outstanding. I mean, Brian actually opened his mouth and engaged with the audience for a whole ten minutes in a row!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I can't really bitch about them doing stuff for money. They've always made it clear that they consider the band as a "job".

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Full show from the 16th:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    LLL Has some bad lyrics, going to agree with all of you here, but musically I really like it. It's not the best Placebo record but there are some really good tracks which sound like classic Placebo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of LOUD LIKE LOVE. Really solid album - no filler. The full LOUD LIKE LOVE TV was actually very cool, too. Cheesy at times, but the studio performances and especially Stef's "history lesson" on the band was moving and great.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rob The Bank is rumoured to be the new single, apparently some magazine in Poland blabbed about it. Ugh.

Continuing the "Ugh" factor, the setlist from this tour leg in Europe... isn't great. Regardez:

Spoiler: B3
    For What It's Worth
    Loud Like Love
    Twenty Years (Redux Version)
    Every You Every Me
    Too Many Friends
    Scene Of The Crime
    A Million Little Pieces
    Speak In Tongues
    Rob The Bank
    Purify
    Space Monkey
    Blind
    Exit Wounds
    Song To Say Goodbye
    Special K
    The Bitter End
    ----------------
    Teenage Angst (2013 Version)
    Running Up That Hill
    Post Blue
    Infra-Red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rob the bank?! Who is making these decisions??

And that set list is just... dull. Hoping they'll have added a few less frequently played songs by the time they roll around to Manchester (but I doubt it)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ew. Do we have to do this tour?