Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Placebo

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Apparently Brian already looks bored on tour. I have this feeling the end is near :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So many people are complaining about the curtain. Brian explained its purpose.
    It's from PFWW:
    right after the song "Too Many Friends" was done, he asked us how many of us had watched that song through a screen (meaning a phone or camera or whatever electronic recording device we might have)... And then said we watch them through a screen and now it's their turn to watch us through a screen. He was nice and smiling about it and said 'if you know what I mean?'.

That's just rude.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitz View Post
    So many people are complaining about the curtain.

The curtain?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can see that it's between the band and the crowd. just right in front of the stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well that just seems unnecessary.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This tour is just a trainwreck. This whole era is.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think the "Meds" era was even worse, the album is OK, but you can see they are clearly lost during it, i think this era is mostly "generic", just like LLL, not good, not bad, but "generic"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting. I think Meds was thier last solid album. Why do you think the 'era' was worse than this??

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    Interesting. I think Meds was thier last solid album. Why do you think the 'era' was worse than this??
    Mostly because the band was going through a lot of shit during that time (the album leaking way before it was released, Steve resigned from the band...), even Brian admits that they were difficult times (on the "Battle for the Sun" special edition DVD).

As i said: i like "Meds", not my favorite but i don't hate the album and just like you i think it's solid, still in my opinion, that era almost ended Placebo's career...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think all their albums and EPs were very good up until LLL. I'm not kidding when I say it's their The Slip.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It seems Placebo will be playing at the "Vive Latino" festival (NIN, will be there too!), i'm debating if i'll go or not... it's been a while since i saw them live, yet i'm not much into them lately...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It seems Placebo will be playing at the "Vive Latino" festival (NIN, will be there too!), i'm debating if i'll go or not... it's been a while since i saw them live, yet i'm not much into them lately...
    Yeah but... NIN, man! NIN comes to your city, and you don't even wanna go!? Plus I seem to recall you saying you really like The Arcade Fire, they're gonna be there as well. This is total win-win for you. Arcade Fire, NIN and Placebo? I think it's a done deal my friend!

Seriously, when that lineup came out, I immediately though of you and how estatic you were probably going over this. You can't miss this!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah but... NIN, man! NIN comes to your city, and you don't even wanna go!? Plus I seem to recall you saying you really like The Arcade Fire, they're gonna be there as well. This is total win-win for you. Arcade Fire, NIN and Placebo? I think it's a done deal my friend!

Seriously, when that lineup came out, I immediately though of you and how estatic you were probably going over this. You can't miss this!
    Oh yeah i'm definitely going to NIN, lol!
    Since the Festival is 4 days you got either two choices: buy the "whole festival ticket" or buy "individual" days... NIN is playing on Thursday the 27th, Arcade Fire on Friday 28, and Placebo on Sunday the 30th...
    NIN is a lock for me, so i could just buy the Thursday ticket and done deal, still like you mentioned i really like Arcade Fire, so the Friday ticket it's a maybe (and i say maybe mostly because of the money, not because i don't want to see these guys...)
    If i'm already paying for the Thursday and Friday's tickets if i'm watching Placebo is better to buy the "festival ticket", since the price is mostly the ticket for three days...

So yeah, i guess i'm buying the "festival ticket" but i'll end up just going 3 days, still it's a great deal for NIN/Arcade Fire/Placebo

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My Glasgow ticket still hasn't turned up. It was sent on November 28th and the gig is on Friday. NNNNNNNGH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    My Glasgow ticket still hasn't turned up. It was sent on November 28th and the gig is on Friday. NNNNNNNGH.
    Same with my tickets to Manchester. :/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    Same with my tickets to Manchester. :/
    I hate Seetickets so much. They always seem to mess up orders. I managed to wing box office collection for Glasgow last night. But yeah, I heard they completely screwed up all the presale tickets in Amsterdam so that people didn't get in for an hour after the doors opened.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Live at RAK Studios for those that did not get the 2 disc set

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Thought Glasgow was pretty poor, but the Brixton shows were quite good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Judging from the Instagram account, we're getting something recorded soon enough. The current speculation is some acoustic recordings.

Also, US tour is heavily rumoured for May.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Judging from the Instagram account, we're getting something recorded soon enough. The current speculation is some acoustic recordings.

Also, US tour is heavily rumoured for May.

I was curious as to what those pics were from...interesting

Fingers crossed for US tour but I am betting is will only be a few shows. Nothing close to my location.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Bad news: US tour isn't happening due to "complications", according to an interview with Steve. And yet they're doing an actual tour of Russia. Also, "Loud Like Love" has just been released as a single WITH ZERO PUBLICITY. Here's the (quite bad) video:

On the plus side, one of the B-sides is an acoustic version, which is probably the source of those mysterious Instagram pics. There's also remixes, but one is godawful and one is just average IMO.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bad news: US tour isn't happening due to "complications", according to an interview with Steve. And yet they're doing an actual tour of Russia. Also, "Loud Like Love" has just been released as a single WITH ZERO PUBLICITY. Here's the (quite bad) video:
    On the plus side, one of the B-sides is an acoustic version, which is probably the source of those mysterious Instagram pics. There's also remixes, but one is godawful and one is just average IMO.
    What the fucking fuck?? FUCK

Whats up with these random videos that require your attention to be off the actual damn song. Im all about experimentation but when I watch or direct a music video I am solely focusing on the band, the song and the story. This does none.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 03-15-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    At least it seems the Mexican dates are still up, i just saw that his show at "El Plaza" is sold out, guess i'll have to catch them at the "Vive Latino" festival...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    New North American tour just announced. Will definitely try to hit the Montreal date.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/news/p...-american-tour

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    New North American tour just announced. Will definitely try to hit the Montreal date.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/news/p...-american-tour

Shitty tour. Fuck that. 9 ACTUAL US dates. 2 Canada

Lame. They aren't going any where farther south than maryland on the eastern half of the country.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't wait for that LA date! (I missed them last year when they were here)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    How do you think I feel? Had tickets for the wife and I a few years back at the Commodore, which is a small club...which was postponed with the promise to reschedule. Never happened...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Eh, pass. I haven't really been too impressed with the last two albums enough to see them again. IIRC I saw them in 1999 co-headlining with Stabbing Westward and then in 2007. I think it's only been twice. I'll have to check the ticket stubs again. If they were playing in Providence again, then maybe...but I'm not going up to Boston to see them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    For shits and giggles, I checked ticket prices for the Boston show...basically $40 a ticket. Haha. Yeah. OK.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just found out that there's no chance I'll hear Pure Morning at the Montreal show. It appears Brian Molko doesn't like that song very much. I'm a little bummed about that.