Thread: Placebo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    that sucks big time
    It does but what the hell...

I watched the "Live" DVD, they play 7 songs from the new album (plus the itunes edition bonus track: "Pity Party (of One)")

The session is ok, and nicely filmed (even though is very similar to the bonus DVD it came with NIN's, The Slip), Brian looks just like in the 90's and i was amazed to see a girl play with them (No, i'm not referring to the drummer...)
    Other than that there's no more extras in the DVD.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    and i was amazed to see a girl play with them (No, i'm not referring to the drummer...)
    You obviously haven't seen them play live in a while :P

Oh yeah, apparently it seems the live lineup is the same as the BFTS tour. I can keep perving at Nick when I get bored!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    You obviously haven't seen them play live in a while :P

Oh yeah, apparently it seems the live lineup is the same as the BFTS tour. I can keep perving at Nick when I get bored!
    The first time i saw them was waaay back in 2001 (The first Placebo gig in Mexico, ever).
    Second time was during the "Sleeping with ghosts tour" and the last time for me was back in 2005, during the "Greatest hits tour", so yeah, it's been a while for me...

They played a date nearby, during the "Battle for the sun" tour but i wasn't able to attend... (I regret it because i have never seen them with the "new" drummer).

On topic: It seems there will be a "live session" streaming live tomorrow at 8 (UK time).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ok, I am in fucking love with this album.

Most notably Exit Wounds (fuck me, that chorus!) Scene of the Crime, and A Million Little Pieces.

And this may sound dumb, but I get goosebumps every time I hear the line "we have craved them" from Loud Like Love...not sure why, the music mixed with Brian's vocals are just haunting in that little second.