Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    still gotta bite into this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    still gotta bite into this.
    I get major hail to the thief vibes from this and I love it. The talk about a guitar driven album, there’s a couple songs but it really sounds like Radiohead with a jazz drummer switching up the tempo. Songs switch from synth heavy to guitar heavy to piano heavy to bass guitar heavy it’s perfect.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ed-ob...utm_source=rss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    Can’t believe there isn’t more chatter about this anywhere I look. This album is incredible.
    It's probably because it's not a Radiohead project or something like that.

I just got around to giving it a proper listen. It is in fact very good. I will be revisiting this record a lot.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    Can’t believe there isn’t more chatter about this anywhere I look. This album is incredible.
    10000%. It keeps getting better...what the fuck is happening?!

Can't wait for the vinyl.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think the reality is Radiohead hasn't put out an album that had a significant cultural impact since In Rainbows, and that was what 15 years ago? Not sure Radiohead is even a big part of the public consciousness anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think the lack of physical release (for the time being) is also an issue, RH fans are old farts (like me for example) and this digital only thing doesn't really do it, it may be silly but it's different when you actually have something physical in hands

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    I think the reality is Radiohead hasn't put out an album that had a significant cultural impact since In Rainbows, and that was what 15 years ago? Not sure Radiohead is even a big part of the public consciousness anymore.
    Rock bands, generally, aren't.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    That's only two albums ago. And I heard Burn the Witch over the PA at a Buc-ee's last month.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I don't think it has anything to do with Radiohead's popularity or cultural impact. Some people just don't listen to side projects, no matter how good they are.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with Radiohead's popularity or cultural impact. Some people just don't listen to side projects, no matter how good they are.
    It's strange. I became a Radiohead fan upon hearing In Rainbows & followed them from then on, I delved into their back catalogue shortly after the release of that record, but nothing really stuck with me apart from a few cuts from OK Computer & Amnesiac - there's a smattering of tracks before the In Rainbows era that I love, but the rest I don't really find much in. I've been a huge fan of everything they have released ever since, but very little from beforehand registers with me. I really really loved The King Of Limbs though.

I really, really enjoy The Eraser from Thom as well as some of Tomorrow's Modern Boxes - but ever since, I've not really been into any of his solo material. It's not that it's bad music, it just doesn't register with me on the level that certain stuff does. The same is to be said for this new The Smile record, it's been great to see some live work from them, but deep down I'm just waiting for more Radiohead.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Got a ticket to see The Smile in San Francisco this December, really excited about it. This album's growing on me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Got a ticket to see The Smile in San Francisco this December, really excited about it. This album's growing on me.
    Got my tix as well. It’s gonna be a beautiful show.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Smile Announce New Live Album

The Smile—the trio of Tom Skinner and Radiohead’s Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood—have announced a new live album. The Smile (Live at Montreux Jazz Festival, July 2022) will be available digitally on Wednesday, December 14. All seven songs were recorded at the Montreaux Jazz Festival in Switzerland. Check out the full tracklist and artwork for the live album below.
    Additionally, the Smile will broadcast a special film of the LP’s performed tracks along with one non-live album cut, “Bending Hectic.” The broadcast will be available to view for just 48 hours on the band’s YouTube channel, starting on Tuesday, December 13, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Why would they not include that Bending Hectic song when it was played live along with the other songs?

Tbh I haven't listened to anything by The Smile but inconsistencies like that make me angry. lol

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Why would they not include that Bending Hectic song when it was played live along with the other songs?

Tbh I haven't listened to anything by The Smile but inconsistencies like that make me angry. lol
    Did you listen to the video of that performance? It starts with Thom apologizing for the "train crash" about to ensue because they just wrote the song and Jonny split his finger open. Perhaps not the ideal way for a new song to debut on streaming sites...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Did you listen to the video of that performance? It starts with Thom apologizing for the "train crash" about to ensue because they just wrote the song and Jonny split his finger open. Perhaps not the ideal way for a new song to debut on streaming sites...
    Oh! That makes sense then.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, it's still a great sounding performance, and a cool way to end the live video... but I get why it isn't getting an audio-only release.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    another present, merry christmas
    I recently stumbled across this fan-made 32-track double CD remixed version of Kid A and Amnesiac on reddit, and it is quite something :shock:

It includes all B-Sides and Outtakes from the sessions and alternative versions/mixes of many tracks, incorporating elements from the soundtrack to the Kid A Mnesia Exhibition (which featured unused stems etc. from the original recordings), the Kid A Mnesiae bonus disc, and other official sources.

It is carefully crafted to flow seemlessly from track-to-track (e.g. check out the new transition from Optimistic to In Limbo :nice: ) and has fast become my new favourite way to listen to these albums.

The only downside is it's MP3 only (320k) and the tagging was a mess, so I've fixed it all up and thrown in some cover art taken from the Exhibition :thumbsup:

Enjoy! :hooray:

=================
    R A D I O H E A D
    =================
    KID A MNESIAEMIX
    =================

Remixed by JackOfAllInterests1

Artwork and tagging by ridleybradout

FAN-MADE PROJECT - NOT FOR SALE

https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/c...tracklist_for/

"This is a 32-track double CD version of Kid A and Amnesiac revamped with additions from the exhibition,
    bonus disc, and other sources. It's a total reimagining of Kid Amnesia."

Here's a list of some of the changes from the original versions:

- Everything In Its Right Place now has extra vocal effects

- Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors has an extended intro and True Love Waits outro

- Kid A has extra unused vocal tracks

- The National Anthem has more unused radio samples and a longer chorus

- Cuttooth has beeps at the end that transition into Idioteque

- Idioteque has an extended intro, additional backing vocals during the second verse, and an extra chorus

- How To Disappear Completely starts as the Exhibition version with longer string intro and no drums, and turns into the album version on the "strobe lights and blown speakers" line

- Treefingers is an extended 5-minute version with autotuned vocals, only available in the Exhibition

- Pyramid Song is the extended Exhibition version

- I Might Be Wrong segues seamlessly into the Hunting Bears (Jam Version) from Exhibition

- Follow Me Around is totally remixed with sound effects, ambience, and other stuff

- Packed Like Sardines has a new outro to segue into Momentum

- Momentum ends with a chiptune version of Optimistic, found in the files of Exhibition

- Optimistic's ending is now part of In Limbo, and is changed to be less jarring

- Morning Bell/Amnesiac/In The Dark is one song

- Like Spinning Plates has backwards vocal on second verse

- Motion Picture Soundtrack has a third verse

Disc 1:

01. Everything In Its Right Place - 3:59
    02. Kinetic - 3:59
    03. Push/Pull Revolving Doors / True Love Waits - 6:53
    04. Theater Des Todes (Or: Untitled V1) - 1:49
    05. Kid A - 4:18
    06. The National Anthem (Holding On) - 5:50
    07. Dollars And Cents - 4:44
    08. Cuttooth - 5:16
    09. Idioteque - 6:05
    10. Morning Bell - 4:24
    11. Worrywort - 4:35
    12. Knives Out - 4:08
    13. Marching Into The Light (Or: Untitled V3) - 1:11
    14. How To Disappear Completely - 5:49
    15. Fast-Track - 3:14
    16. Life In A Glass House - 5:08

Disc 2:

01. Treefingers - 5:10
    02. Pyramid Song - 5:43
    03. I Might Be Wrong (including the March Of The Bears) - 9:00
    04. Follow Me Around - 5:07
    05. The Amazing Sound (Of The Killing Hordes) - 3:28
    06. Packed Like Sardines (In A Crushed Tin Box) - 4:30
    07. Momentum - 2:23
    08. Optimistic - 4:52
    09. In Limbo (Lost At Sea) - 3:39
    10. You And Whose Army - 3:07
    11. Transatlantic Drawl - 1:35
    12. Fog - 3:38
    13. (If You) Say The Word - 4:25
    14. Morning Bell (Part Two) - 4:47
    15. Like Spinning Plates (Why Us?) - 5:00
    16. Motion Picture Soundtrack - 6:41

BONUS: Motion Picture Soundtrack (Alt Mix) - 6:11
    Download here

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Very cool, will check this out for sure! I'm still confused why they didn't include all the b-sides on this like they did with OKNOTOK. I get that they just put all that stuff on the cassette tape for that release and here it's more of the focus, but the completist in me is just bummed out that they're not included. What's even stranger is they are on that cassette version but it's missing two of the b-sides.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

SET LIST
    "Pana-vision"
    "The Smoke"
    "Skrting On the Surface"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

0:00 - Presentation
    0:52 - Prelude
    4:06 - A Hairdryer
    8:38 - Thin Thing
    12:55 - The Opposite
    16:06 - You Will Never Work In Television Again
    19:03 - Open The Floodgates

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Pretty wild

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They've updated their Bandcamp page. I haven't bought anything so I don't know if it's just 16/44 FLAC or hi-res but they have TKOL RMX 1234567 and In Rainbows (Disk 2) so it's not just the albums.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The fucking catharsis that kicks in...god damn. I'd love another Smile album this year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    The fucking catharsis that kicks in...god damn. I'd love another Smile album this year.
    I'm sure it's coming, they've been in the studio recording the last month or two. I can't want to see them live in a few weeks, hoping for more new songs, this one is a banger.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Smile's album was one of my favorite album last year, and could go for some more for sure! I'm gonna be frank, I prefer Thom Yorke with a guitar+bass+drum format.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    The Smile's album was one of my favorite album last year, and could go for some more for sure! I'm gonna be frank, I prefer Thom Yorke with a guitar+bass+drum format.
    Same. I feel like there's less pressure when he's not doing Radiohead and the results are usually more interesting.