Thread: Welcome Oblivion Remix Contest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    There are two parts to this contest:

1) Grand prize winner ($500). This is the remix selected by HTDA and is not supposed to have anything to do with the voting. Instead, they are going to grade each submission on the four criteria I had mentioned earlier. My guess is they will have an intern assigned to go through all the tracks and filter it down to a high quality selection which they will then score.

2) Runner-Up(s) (Indaba pro for a year). This is based on popular vote. The top ten vote getters will be be reviewed, also by HDTA I think, and they will select three to be runner-up winners, who will receive a pro subscription to Indaba for a year.

It's also possible that the 10 from (2) will end up being the tracks under consideration for (1), but I'd like to think they actually have at least one person listen to all of them. I think they recognize that online popularity contests are not the best way to find the top quality submissions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    There are two parts to this contest:

1) Grand prize winner ($500). This is the remix selected by HTDA and is not supposed to have anything to do with the voting. Instead, they are going to grade each submission on the four criteria I had mentioned earlier. My guess is they will have an intern assigned to go through all the tracks and filter it down to a high quality selection which they will then score.

2) Runner-Up(s) (Indaba pro for a year). This is based on popular vote. The top ten vote getters will be be reviewed, also by HDTA I think, and they will select three to be runner-up winners, who will receive a pro subscription to Indaba for a year.

It's also possible that the 10 from (2) will end up being the tracks under consideration for (1), but I'd like to think they actually have at least one person listen to all of them. I think they recognize that online popularity contests are not the best way to find the top quality submissions.
    I really hope you're right about that being as i have roughly 10 plays total(if that) on each one of these
    anyway, i'd really appreciate people listening to these and giving me some feedback on them

On The Wing (n30fr05t remix) (i was going for something that the average listener wouldn't really notice the difference, but would like more; very subtle changes)

How Long? (n30fr05t remix) (an orchestral remix using just string quartet and the vocals, along with some environmental sounds)

and hope you enjoy listening
    Last edited by n30fr05t; 05-25-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: i added elements to my How Long? remix, so the link changed