Page 151 of 241 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Reading that Trent spent more time on this album in a studio than any other since The Fragile is obvious after only 3 spins of the record. I'm not going to bash WT, YZ, and Slip...they're all good and have their memorable moments, but they're different than this. HM is well thought out, refined, reflective/personal, and oozes confidence. There’s so much to listen to!! After listening to most of the first half over the last month, it's the last half of the album that is really blowing me away with awesomeness.

Thanks for Hesitation Marks, Trent. You lived up to my exceedingly high expectations, yet again. You were right…it’s frankly fucking great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is the bridge of In Two a part of the track "The Downward Spiral"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The background noise.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Disappointed, Various Methods of Escape and I Would For You are on repeat for me.

Disappointed is so huge. It could have been on The Fragile.
    I love Trent's nasal voice. And that second chorus... the way he sings 'disappointed, just disappear'... Just great.

Various Methods of Escape is just 'oh putain'. So much different ambiences into one track.
    Profound verses, powerfull and catchy chorus, one of NIN best bridge, and a magical Fragilesque solo... Perfect.
    Exact same thing for I Would For You.

While I'm Still Here is the track I like the least at the moment.
    It sounds too much like How To Destroy Angels (I have Strings and Attractors in mind), though I love the ending.

Not a big fan of Running either, for me it's some sort of interlude.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OK...5+ listens in. SO MUCH to absorb. This album has legs. There is no time in the foreseeable future that this won't be part of my daily listening. This last time though, it was I Would For You that floored me. Man, I hope Tension brings the songs that haven't been performed yet to the stage. There is nothing on this album that I wouldn't like to hear live. (Well, maybe Everything... )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say...this is easily one of my favorite NIN albums. Tracks I love are, Eater Of Dreams, Copy Of A, All Time Low, Disappointed, Various Methods Of Escape, Running, I Would For You, In Two and While I'm Still Here/Black Noise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice there's a lot of color here? Like, it just pops out at you. In Running when that deep growly synth comes in (0:44), I see a deep wine red; that little siren thing in I Would For You during the second part of the verses (1:00) is like a crackling orange. This is some visual shit, y'all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    Just want to reiterate how incredible In Two is. If you don't agree, try turning it the fuck up and holding the headphones firmly against your ears.

I noticed a lot of people mentioning "Various Methods.." and not "In Two." In my opinion, "In Two" is THE fucking song on this album. It is the song I imagined in my head that he would have done in the past 10 years but I never thought I would hear it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I literally can't pick a favorite between In Two, Satellite, Various Methods of Escape, I Would for You, All Time Low and While Im still Here.

This is just incredible.

Also Everything into Satellite is one of my favorite 2 song combos from any album ever.

Also did anyone catch the little QOTSA easter egg at the end in one of the outros? Fuck I forgot what song. Anyways it sounds like the same note progression as a part in Better Living Through Chemistry.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Also did anyone catch the little QOTSA easter egg at the end in one of the outros? Fuck I forgot what song. Anyways it sounds like the same note progression as a part in Better Living Through Chemistry.
    The second chorus in While I'm Still Here has this guitar line with the exact same tone as Make It With Chu's guitar solo. Probably Buckingham playing that part.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    I literally can't pick a favorite between In Two, Satellite, Various Methods of Escape, I Would for You, All Time Low and While Im still Here.
    You literally can't, and I truly believe you.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Interesting. I've been kinda suspicious that he was inspired to revisit this subject matter because of those long conversations he apparently had with Homme (when he was working his way out of his own rabbit hole). I hadn't noticed the musical nods, except for thinking the C-C-C-Came Back Haunted reminded me of C-C-C-Cocaine.

Now if the "Conversations With..." was with Homme, that would be interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wanted to wait til I had the actual release on hand to listen to it, but I buckled. Listened to the iTunes stream twice already and I have to admit that I like it. A lot. Being into NIN since PHM came out (yeah, I am that old!) and become slightly jaded with some of the material, I was pleasantly surprised with HM. It's an interesting mixture of sounds and textures from TDS and TF with a more current (in Reznor's terms) borderline pop sound. And being in the middle of the album, you'd think that "Everything" would stick out, but it actually works as a sort of transition into the second half and creates a different feel.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Now if the "Conversations With..." was with Homme, that would be interesting.
    I think it's gonna be Bowie. Is there a pool for this yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Wow, very interesting. So glad you're that impressed with the new album despite the general unfamiliarity with TR's first three albums (what about Broken?). I'd digest this properly and then move on to eating up the NIN back catalog ASAP, if I were you. PHM has already been remastered and the deluxe version of TDS is top-notch. Essential albums, but then again NIN is an essential band
    I just need to find those in a store, I'd prefer that but maybe I just need to go to amazon. What the hell ever happened to fragile 5.0 reissue? I know that they're not the preferred albums among the NIN hardcores but I love with teeth, really like the slip, and like year zero though it's my least favorite of the three so I am familiar with those and while I liked a few of NIN's singles that I'd heard, the soundtrack for Social Network really opened me up to Reznor. I guess I had always thought of Reznor as a gothy, Marilyn Manson (no offense to the fans of his on this board), too heavy/industrial type and then that really showed me he was a true artisan. And while they're obviously very different bands, being a gigantic Radiohead/Thom fan and listening to Genesis, Porcupine Tree, Gabriel, and even Blur's experimental stuff has also helped me to be more open to NIN's sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, from the local record store I talked over weekend:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That reissue is currently scheduled for 2049.

EDIT: hanakuso, you motherfucker.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanakuso View Post

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just to show off or are they selling any yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    Is the bridge of In Two a part of the track "The Downward Spiral"?
    Some people have said 'Mr.Self Destruct', but I believe it's more in line with the self titled song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    That reissue is currently scheduled for 2049.

EDIT: hanakuso, you motherfucker.
    Actually I'm waiting for my NIN.com preorder. I'll only buy the normal edition (priced here in 26 dollars...WTF) and 'll wait for the vinyl and the DE CD. (priced here in 50 and 40 dollars each).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    Just to show off or are they selling any yet?
    Selling them from an hour ago. I'll go tomorrow morning i believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so, from the local record store i talked over weekend:

gimme that vinyl.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

so, from the local record store i talked over weekend:

gimmie!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I'm having an erection.

Did you happen to see if any of these versions had holes cut out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely love "In Two".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I'm having an erection.

Did you happen to see if any of these versions had holes cut out?
    LOL. As I said earlier, the photo is from the store and I'll go tomorrow to get a copy or two and the wait for my preorder. You know, there's a collection to feed. Anyway, if I spot a hole I'll let you know

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misternegative View Post
    Random, but I'm desperately searching for the lyrics online so I can properly sing along. Especially to Satellite.
    If you haven't found them yet, we've been working on lyrics over here.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

He looks like Hank Hill or some shit

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post

He looks like Hank Hill or some shit
    Who's the genius behind this illustration?