Page 157 of 241 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,710 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am seeing 8 dollar shipping. That is not reasonable at all.

But I am also a Prime member.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If people are still encountering that, he needs to fire them. ^^^ That's correct. That's not the error that people were getting (default to international shipping).
    Last edited by jessamineny; 08-28-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    All Time Low, definitely not my favorite song at the moment, is such a wild culmination of many past NIN feelings. I don't wanna or need to say which, but if you know your NIN you should hear more than one.

I much prefer the choruses over the verses, but the meticulous and wide instrumentation overall makes the whole song a worthwhile listen in itself. The glistening scales near the end? One of the more memorable things in a NIN song I've heard in a long time. It's simply genius.

The song definitely makes its mark.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-28-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Anyone else want multi tracks just to get rid of the little "come on!" before the second chorus of satellite?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not that picky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I live in the US and originally faced the same rapeship issue everyone else did. Lurking here provided the fix. I ordered the Vinyl, DE, pre-order shirt, and CBH shirt on the same day and paid $8.

Then I kicked myself, since I figured $8 was reasonable for a combined shipment... so I'd have to wait until Sep 3rd to get my shirts. Bah. Well that's what I get for being a cheapass I suppose. So I was thoroughly delighted to find, at my doorstep in mid-July, my pre-order shirts sent separately!

Since they will have to pay again to pack and ship my media order, I feel confident they're not using shipping as a profit center. Granted, it may average out across various orders though.

And that "averaging" thing works out for us statesiders: Oh sure, I live in the US and got my NIN fix shipped cheap... I'll remember that next time I try to order a white ALPS printer ribbon and pay more to ship the damn thing from Australaisope than the frikkin' thing is worth....!
    Last edited by goingincirclez; 08-28-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: I can haz grammarz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragmentjunkie View Post
    The question we all want answered, however, is: Does the vinyl contain a full-sized booklet, like most other vinyl halos?
    Nope. Just the vinyls, the cd version (inside a white envelope) and an insert with the credits and stuff.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, $8 for my bundle of items seemed reasonable to me. I'm an Amazon Prime user too, but c'mon, not everything can be Amazon Prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    I got bitched at by Rob Sheridan!

Ahh, reminds me of being told to Fuck Off by Alan Moore. Warms the heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If I didn't see I had some 30 dollars in Amazon Reward Points yesterday and got HM on vinyl basically for free, shipping included (Amazon Prime), I would probably cancel my order now and replace it with nin.com for this other album master. Oh well. Apparently I'll got the download link to the alternate master from the DE CD order I placed initially with nin.com. Right?
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-28-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Yeah, $8 for my bundle of items seemed reasonable to me. I'm an Amazon Prime user too, but c'mon, not everything can be Amazon Prime.
    Yes, I agree that 8 dollars when you have a multiple amount of items is very reasonable.

But, I was just only ordering the DE CD and for just one item so I felt that its still a bit to much for just one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    agree with goingincirclez. even if you end up preferring the standard version to the audiophile version, you have the added option of doing an A/B comparison between the mixes - not to determine which is better, but to recognize more details in the recording. from the description, it should be more significant than messing with your speakers and EQ, but less so than hearing the separate tracks in a multitrack release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, and I may even be wrong, but I don't think this is entirely correct. The "loud" version isn't going to have any frequencies that the "audiophile" version has as I think you're suggesting. The increased dynamic range means there's more of a range of volume compared to the "loud version", hence adding more subtlety to dynamic changes. But the "loud" version isn't clipping frequencies.

I'm certainly not an expert here, but I don't think decreasing the dynamic range removes any information, but merely shrinks the difference between soft and loud.
    i'm not sure the post this is responding says that information is lost with one mix or the other or anything about clipping frequencies (which doesn't even make sense?), but the issue is more about perception than what exactly is in the mix. in any mix, some sounds in the recording will mask others (so you can't hear them), as will background noise, and decreased dynamic range can mean less "information" in the sense that you can't differentiate between the loudness of one sound and another that is slightly louder/quieter.

(i'm not a recording engineer expert either, though. an engineer specializing in audio, but that's different.)

EDIT: also have to say that the shipping prevented me from ordering from nin.com. $6 or $8 shipping for one CD is too much for me. especially when i will never actually play the CD. wish there was a ~$2-$3 option for just one CD, even if that means getting the CD a couple days after release.
    Last edited by m15a; 08-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My HM vinyl is currently less than $25 on amazon, including free shipping
    I'm considering ordering the digital version though, since I'm interested in getting the Hi-resolution Wavs

I'm actually kind of confused about that though. Are the wavs superior to FLACs?

dhdhdjjdjd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    My HM vinyl is currently less than $25 on amazon, including free shipping
    I'm considering ordering the digital version though, since I'm interested in getting the Hi-resolution Wavs

I'm actually kind of confused about that though. Are the wavs superior to FLACs?

dhdhdjjdjd
    No, FLACs are lossless.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Great idea, the alternative master, right up my alley. But annoying for those of us who've ordered on Amazon, want the deluxe CD in our hands on Monday (UK), and know there's no way of that happening at this late stage if we cancel Amazon and purchase via NIN.com instead, nevermind the side issue of the shipping rates.

Refuse point blank to get conned into buying it a second time round, so torrent it'll be. Excellent planning Columbia/Polydor/NIN.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    No, FLACs are lossless.
    the WAVs are 24-bit/48kHz, though. i don't know if the FLACs are. the site doesn't indicate that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah why did they not tell us about the other master back when they first opened pre-orders? They need to let you know what all products they are offering exclusively! I pre-ordered with Amazon, but I would have totally gone with NIN.com had I known this. Guess I will be a torrent-er of the audiophile master as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah, it seems strange the they didn't divulge the info about an alternate mastering before today (especially considering the fact that they planned this early in the production phase.)

Still, it's a very forward thinking move by Reznor and co. A different master that isn't sullied by the industry standard of 'louder = better' is a very refreshing concept.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    First and fourth images not working, but thanks for showing! That package looks really neat and the unseen (at least for me) artwork is great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Oh, that's pretty cool. Might start off with the audiophile master just to see if I can hear the differences on my Sennheisers.
    Which Sennheisers? will you be using a headphone amp? While I am super excited about this I want to see how loud the LP will be on my phone with my Grado's (without an amp) at 32 ohm I am hoping it will be fine.. but with Sennheisers and there very high Ohm headphones (higher end ones at least) you will most likely not be able to use it unless its played out of a decent amp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    the WAVs are 24-bit/48kHz, though. i don't know if the FLACs are. the site doesn't indicate that.
    The FLACs are as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A bit gutted about no full booklet in the vinyl version. I'll probably just order the digital version from nin.com and the vinyl afterwards from amazon.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanakuso View Post
    So, SPOILERS of the vinyl edition:

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/833/tnt7.jpg
    Can i just say how happy I am that "I Would For You" is the first song on side D? I am gonna play that side out hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Yeah, it seems strange the they didn't divulge the info about an alternate mastering before today (especially considering the fact that they planned this early in the production phase.)

Still, it's a very forward thinking move by Reznor and co. A different master that isn't sullied by the industry standard of 'louder = better' is a very refreshing concept.
    Could have been holding out the info so it's a last-ditch effort to get people who downloaded the torrents or not from NIN.com to purchase even the $10 download option.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuchal View Post
    Could have been holding out the info so it's a last-ditch effort to get people who downloaded the torrents or not from NIN.com to purchase even the $10 download option.
    That's a distinct possibility. Except it's a $12 download.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Beautiful.

You've been most helpful. Good day to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And, regarding the guest list:
    SPOILERS AGAIN::
    http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/826/si3u.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    :O so we're having a new video for "Everything" next week
    this was my expresion:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Beautiful.

You've been most helpful. Good day to you.
    No worries. We're here to help.
    And no, there are no holes in the sleeves or so to, well, you know...