Page 175 of 241 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Got my email but sadly it definitely didn't arrive today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. (Ordered the DE and Vinyl through nin.com.)

Edit: I saw someone mention UPS but my tracking number appears to be USPS. Dunno if that's the difference between who's receiving a copy and who isn't.
    I got mine through the regular USPS, though I live very close to LA, where I presume they shipped out the CD's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Picked up the international version of the album today from my local record store, the artwork is amazing and I can't wait to see the artwork of the DE, vinyl and japanese versions. The album is really great too, can't yet really say how high I would rank this on NIN discography, but I can say I'm enjoying this more than The Slip. Overall the album is really solid, only "Everything" sounds a little bit out of place in this album in my opinion, but it's not a bad song and it has grown a lot on me since I first heard it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    I got mine through the regular USPS, though I live very close to LA, where I presume they shipped out the CD's.
    Me too. That just makes me even more sad. Maybe the vinyl held me back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    Picked up the international version of the album today from my local record store, the artwork is amazing and I can't wait to see the artwork of the DE, vinyl and japanese versions. The album is really great too, can't yet really say how high I would rank this on NIN discography, but I can say I'm enjoying this more than The Slip. Overall the album is really solid, only "Everything" sounds a little bit out of place in this album in my opinion, but it's not a bad song and it has grown a lot on me since I first heard it.
    It doesnt include that Autolux remix doesnt?

I believe Trent stated Everything was written originally for the Greatest Hits comp, along with Satellite. Which would explain why it sounds out of place. But the track has grown on me too, so itll be interesting to see how it fits into the context of the rest of the album come the 3rd.

I just placed my pre-order 2 days ago, so yea, no CD for me yet. And ive been avoiding the leaks.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-30-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah, my DE is coming very likely tomorrow via UPS, here in Ohio, and it all started in Fontana, CA.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I saw someone mention UPS but my tracking number appears to be USPS.
    It was shipped UPS Mail Innovations, which is where UPS ships the package to a post office near the destination and the USPS delivers the package.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    It was shipped UPS Mail Innovations, which is where UPS ships the package to a post office near the destination and the USPS delivers the package.

Sounds right! Good info.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    It doesnt include that Autolux remix doesnt?

I believe Trent stated Everything was written originally for the Greatest Hits comp, along with Satellite.
    Unfortunately no, the artwork is just a bit different. Satellite though fits better to the overall sound of the album IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I preordered the DE today at 3pm, you guys think there's any chance I'd have it in the next hour or so?

loljk...I already have the leak. But I'm giving Trent my money anyway....for the DE & vinyl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Albums sound better when you actually have it in your hands

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My account on nin.com says mine shipped yesterday! Doubt it will get to the UK before next week, though. Oh well. Listened to the stream on the Guardian site and loved it. Can't wait for the real thing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    If mine's not here tomorrow i'll be lighting motherfuckers on fire.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Got my NIN order shipped email too just now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm loving the "consequence of sound" review comments!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    EDIT: nevermind

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Considering I'm waiting for the album before i have my first listen, I was quite disappointed when i didn't see it in my mailbox today. According to my nin.com account i will receive it on Tuesday, but i sure had my hopes up earlier when i read others received it today.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The instruments and the "hoo ooo oooo" at the end of Satellite make me think of 007 for some reason. Maybe it's the bass synth (or whatever) during that part.
    Last edited by blassster; 08-30-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    The instruments and the "hoo ooo oooo" at the end of Satellite make me think of 007 for some reason. Maybe it's the bass synth (or whatever) during that part.
    Wow, same here...huh. You're never alone in this world.

Barack Obama and Pierce Brosnan, and maybe Trez Nor. Fantastic conjured persons and images I'm working with.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-30-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's pretty cool how fucking EVERYBODY who pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition got it in the mail today. BESIDES ME. FUCK.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Shipping email just in as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    nevermind nevermind
    Last edited by LeviSnuts; 08-30-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent1995 View Post
    That's pretty cool how fucking EVERYBODY who pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition got it in the mail today. BESIDES ME. FUCK.
    And me.

Did you track its current status?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    I'm loving the "consequence of sound" review comments!
    I know, right? The level of butthurt is overwhelming. Person comments that "they are a NIN fan who doesn't like the new album" and leaves it at that, meanwhile other people say it's amazing and launch into a long-winded and pretentious justification for why the album should be considered good (and throw in a couple insults as well, of course). It's hilarious. I'm not really a fan of Hesitation Marks and I pretty much agree with their 2.5/5 ranking (I would maybe give it a 3) but I don't agree with the general thrust of the accompanying article. He invests too much into the whole "recapturing teen angst" thing and doesn't really talk much about the actual product. If his intentions were to ruffle feathers and troll the obsessive NIN fanbase, then mission accomplished

Hesitation Marks...I dunno. Trent needs to just put this project to bed for good and move onto something else (like more instrumental soundtrack work) ...But on the other hand, a new NIN album (good or bad) means more touring which I think everyone wants. The new stage show is incredible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well and me, but I pre-ordered from amazon :'( ... at least Im getting the album though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    And me.

Did you track its current status?
    I did, and it's blank. All it says is that it was received August 28th by USPS and that's it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent1995 View Post
    I did, and it's blank. All it says is that it was received August 28th by USPS and that's it.
    So it sounds like you might get it tomorrow,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Actually, $7.99.

...And now gohastings has the DE for $9.99. Makes me a bit nervous about the $1.49 deal. Still a hell of a steal for the deluxe edition.

EDIT: Though they still seem to be honoring my $1.49 deal.
    Last edited by binaryhermit; 08-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, big question. Will it debut at #1? Assuming sales from nin.com count, I would guess yes. It's not so hard to do, you don't need to sell as nearly as many as in the mid 90s. I think Jay Z holds the top spot with Magnate Carta, according to Rolling Stone. Other contenders don't seem so strong, unless something big is coming out sept 3. what do you predict?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone want to post some photos of the inside of the book? I don't mean an in-depth hi-res scan of each page or anything, I'd just like to know how it's all arranged.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Anyone want to post some photos of the inside of the book? I don't mean an in-depth hi-res scan of each page or anything, I'd just like to know how it's all arranged.
    At least four people have posted it so far... look through the HM thread.