Page 194 of 241 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Nope, no autographs (or signatures-required-for-delivery, if that's what you had meant).

And yeah, good luck on getting yours, saw your problems in the other thread. Interestingly, mine was order 251, apparently you and I got the preorder notifications at nearly the same time.
    LOL... autographs was what I meant.

Damn it! Why couldn't I have ordered mine 4 order numbers before I did =P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Mine had a minor greasemark that I had to clean before it would play, could that be it?
    Actually, there does seem to be some dirt on the disc....

and yeah, the irritating thing was that it actually got to "I Would For You" before it started messing up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on August 26, 2013 (Order# 1xx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Nine Inch Nails "Hesitation Marks (Deluxe Edition)"
    New Delivery Estimate: September 05, 2013

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    No surfacing of that Autolux remix yet? Anyone heard it in full yet? I'm very curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, no autograph (or crayon marks) on my vinyl copy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well.. I was hoping some of you were right with the whole "USPS tracking is wrong. Maybe you'll get it release day after all." stuff. I kept my hopes held high, but.. USPS and UPS both came by today.. No album :/ guess I won't be getting my pre-ordered album until Saturday after all.

As a matter of fact, it's still sitting in California, same place it has been since August 30th. I guess they're not in too much of a hurry to get it to PA.
    Last edited by Trent1995; 09-03-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Just got my nin.com Deluxe+Vinyl order in the mail, woo! I'm curious if anyone else's vinyl ended up having shredded/abraded edges on their internal slipcovers, though, like so: https://plus.google.com/photos/11594...JSbvtixjqOn_wE Interestingly, it wasn't just the "outer" edge which had damage, on the second record - the one on the inside did, too. Especially given that the outer package itself is spotless, I assume that damage happened sometime before packaging, which makes me think there might be a series of them which'll have this problem. (I emailed modlife to see about maybe getting replacement slipcovers, I'll see how that turns out. In the end I care a lot more for the vinyl itself than the packaging, so whatever (and the vinyl itself was fine), it'd be nice to have the pristine art, though.) Edit: Well, that was quick - "Sorry about the damage. We will send another out to you." Hopefully they're just talking about sending new slipcovers; it would seem a bit wasteful to get a whole new package. Time will tell!
    Mine arrived with a 2 inch gash much like yours. The damage on mine affects both panels, the slipcovers, and even th sides of the vinyl are nicked/scraped in those spots... there was also a huge gouge in th front of the shipping packaging. Is it normal to receive a package with no invoice (shipping/payment) whatsoever?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Mine arrived with a 2 inch gash much like yours. The damage on mine affects both panels, the slipcovers, and even th sides of the vinyl are nicked/scraped in those spots... there was also a huge gouge in th front of the shipping packaging. Is it normal to receive a package with no invoice (shipping/payment) whatsoever?
    Ouch, sounds much worse than mine. I don't know if it's normal per se, but mine came without an invoice as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Found a couple posters around town, and then I asked the guy behind the counter if he had any random promo stuff and he handed me these:

Just got my nin.com Deluxe+Vinyl order in the mail, woo! I'm curious if anyone else's vinyl ended up having shredded/abraded edges on their internal slipcovers, though, like so:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/11594...JSbvtixjqOn_wE

Interestingly, it wasn't just the "outer" edge which had damage, on the second record - the one on the inside did, too. Especially given that the outer package itself is spotless, I assume that damage happened sometime before packaging, which makes me think there might be a series of them which'll have this problem.

Ouch, that is the EXACT reason I chose to cancel my order and just go pick one up at the record store.
    I've had so many shitty experiences with getting records shipped to me, I couldn't risk it with Hesitation
    Marks.
    Sorry to see this man, nothing worse than seam splits..
    Last edited by pigpen; 09-03-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    I very much doubt it was Flood. I just don't see that being the different voice he was looking for-a little too safe, which TR says he was trying to avoid. Rundgren? While I'm sure that TR respects the work that Rundgren has done, this doesn't seem like the type of music that he would be working on.

What about Rick Rubin? Brian Eno?
    I just read something (and I'm sorry, I can't for the life of me remember where) but it did in fact mention Rick Rubin working with NIN. That's who I initially thought when I heard the "Conversation with.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Review of Audiophile Version

Finally heard the audiophile version a few times on different systems. To start off with I could not tell the difference using my Shure headphones, I did notice that the audiphile mix was a little bit quiter in general.

Car System: Camaro with 10 speaker custom setup using JBL MS-8 and JL Audio sub/pioneer Amp. I could clearly notice a difference in my car. Tracks such as Satellite and Various Methods... had a much lower bass volume and you could hear the different bass frequencies. In the standard mix, the low end bass would cut off all the other different bass frequencies! I am definetely going to use the audiophile version in my car.

Home Theater System: Have a decent home theater setup with polk audio RTi Series speakers that are bi-amped powered by an Onkyo amp and a 12 inch BA sub. This is more the $2k range for a system and not the $5k high-end audio that many have talked about. There was a clear difference here, again the low level (bass) was not overpowering and you could hear a lot of the small guitar parts/sounds in the songs that I could not detect in the standard version.

Now that I know these sounds are there, I can hear them in the standard version as well, but it took the audiophile version to discover them.

I have been told that my ears are a little more sensitive than the average set of ears (which is why I have all this audio jargain at home/car), but I do not think most people will even realize the difference between the two versions minus the fact that the audiophile version is a little lower in volume than the standard!

User Andy Gaskin from twitter (@andygaskin) uploaded this image which shows you the difference in the volumes (I do not know him, but NINHOTLINE retweeted his tweet)

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok "In Two" is the best track ever, not just the robo part but the chorus in falseto, and the breakdown like mr. selfdestruct or with teeth, is like WOW O_O .... I needed to say this

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Also, GOD DAMN does this record sound amazing on vinyl!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up the standard edition Friday, deluxe and vinyl arrived today. Thankfully my vinyl arrived in pretty good condition save a little warp-age. Having listened every mix through my audio-not quite-phile rig, the vinyl mix is by far noticeably different (even to the untrained ear) and fantastic. Anyone know if the CD that comes with the vinyl is mastered differently from the others? It looks identical to the deluxe version. Hope everyone else's packages arrive on time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got my DE today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel like the audiophile has a more crisp sound. More detail for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I sorta hate the review from pitchfork, they backhanded accused trent of ripping from the knife an the xx, different from his arena rattling influences? Like who pitchfork, wtf are you talking about? They pretty much say his lyrics suck, yet they praise yeezus and Rick Ross. Ok, fuck you pitchfork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to a (very good) vinyl rip, there's a robot voice in the background in a bit of Copy of A (3:50, "doing everything I'm told to do). Wtf, didn't expect that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My current two obsessions are Hesitation Marks and Breaking Bad. There is a lot of crossover here. In my mind I'm imagining corny fan videos of the show themed to each individual songs from HM, and a lot of them fit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabripav View Post
    Listening to a (very good) vinyl rip, there's a robot voice in the background in a bit of Copy of A (3:50, "doing everything I'm told to do). Wtf, didn't expect that
    Where might one acquire this vinyl rip you speak of? I bought the vinyl today, but lack the equipment and/or know-how to do a decent vinyl rip myself...

Edit: If you could pm me, that'd be awesome!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My stereo system is pretty high end and the vinyl sings way better than the audiophile version. Which is still awesome. But Find My Way sounds dense as hell and the bass isn't so boomy. There's a lot more dynamic room, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Where might one acquire this vinyl rip you speak of? I bought the vinyl today, but lack the equipment and/or know-how to do a decent vinyl rip myself...

Edit: If you could pm me, that'd be awesome!
    Sent you a pm.

Haven't heard the audiophile version yet, but the vinyl master is quite a lot different from the normal one. A fuckload of low end, and more detail in general. Fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got my nin.com Deluxe+Vinyl order in the mail, woo! I'm curious if anyone else's vinyl ended up having shredded/abraded edges on their internal slipcovers, though, like so: https://plus.google.com/photos/11594...JSbvtixjqOn_wE

Interestingly, it wasn't just the "outer" edge which had damage, on the second record - the one on the inside did, too. Especially given that the outer package itself is spotless, I assume that damage happened sometime before packaging, which makes me think there might be a series of them which'll have this problem.

(I emailed modlife to see about maybe getting replacement slipcovers, I'll see how that turns out. In the end I care a lot more for the vinyl itself than the packaging, so whatever (and the vinyl itself was fine), it'd be nice to have the pristine art, though.)

Edit: Well, that was quick - "Sorry about the damage. We will send another out to you." Hopefully they're just talking about sending new slipcovers; it would seem a bit wasteful to get a whole new package. Time will tell!
    This happened to me with the HTDA pre-order through Modlife. They sent another copy of the vinyl, and it had the same issue with the sleeves and outer edges being torn. After the second time they refunded my money (I pointed out that I could have just gone to a local store and bought an undamaged copy).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i could sweat i just heard another sax in find my way

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    i could sweat i just heard another sax in find my way
    Before I realized that was a typo (you never know with this crowd ), I had a very different mental picture of what you typed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    There are definitely more subtle details present in Trent's layered vocals in the audiophile mix, whereas I do hear less of a 'bite' on certain beats (Satellite and others?). Really not sure which to keep. Listened through Macbook Pro speakers, general external speakers, and those $20 Sony headphones.
    Yeah, the audiophile version kinda killed "Satellite" for me, it just lost all of that bite/personality. I'm just going to keep both versions for now and try them on different systems as I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've only listened to HM a couple of times so far but here's what I think...

There is NO SUCH THING as a "bad" NIN album. That being stated, I have to rate HM based on other records Trent has done since being sober (from With Teeth to HM). You can't compare HM with PHM, Broken, TDS, or The Fragile because it was a different evolutionary period for NIN. To expect the next NIN record to be a "copy of a" previous NIN album is ridiculous.

My opinion will probably change over time but for now (didn't include Ghosts, remixes, scores/soundtracks or anything pre WT):

With Teeth
    Hesitation Marks
    The Slip
    Year Zero

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

So according to livenation NIN will be playing Hesitation Marks in its entirety including some "old favorites".
    I know I know, they won't...but I can still dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For everyone looking for the vinyl rip, google "hesitation marks vinyl rip", should be the 5th link you see.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
    Now that I know these sounds are there, I can hear them in the standard version as well, but it took the audiophile version to discover them.

I have been told that my ears are a little more sensitive than the average set of ears (which is why I have all this audio jargain at home/car), but I do not think most people will even realize the difference between the two versions minus the fact that the audiophile version is a little lower in volume than the standard!

User Andy Gaskin from twitter (@andygaskin) uploaded this image which shows you the difference in the volumes (I do not know him, but NINHOTLINE retweeted his tweet)

Hope this helps!
    I agree... I heard a lot more stuff in the audiophile version that I hadnt heard in the standard before but now that I know the parts are there I can hear them pretty clearly. I compared them a couple times last night but this is the first listen through at an appropriate volume. I am listening through a Sony 1200 watt 7.1 surround (not amazing but its what I got) ran into a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 100's, a pair of vintage Fisher 3 way 15's, a pair of Cerwin Vega 2 way 8" bookshelf monitors, a KLH center and a powered 10" sub turned down.

I do a lot of mixing on this setup and the most prominent thing I can hear is that it sounds like a mix in Pro Tools before it gets dithered and brick walled. They already pretty much said that is exactly what this mix was, but hearing it and seeing that picture comparing the wave form helped confirm my suspicions. I would love it if every album came with a non brick walled audiophile copy! Brick walling gets on my nerves like no other! This weekend I plan on throwing both mixes into Pro Tools so I can do a better side by side listen.

Cant wait to get the vinyl! I was really hoping I would be spinning it right now, but the audiophile master will do for a minute!