Page 197 of 241 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,910 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Oh man!
    I'm shocked people didn't get on this already... Trent shows off a bunch of unreleased/cut tracks from the new album. If you want a chance to hear demos that didn't make the cut, check out the "In Conversation With" track. So far on the 3rd unreleased demo, and loving what I'm hearing so far.
    Old news man They've already been ripped from the interview into individual tracks and remastered into 5.1. Maybe not that last part.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice that the remix of While I'm Still Here includes Black Noise? So it's actually a WISH/Black Noise remix. Not surprising, they were probably one song initially then TR decided to split it into a 14th track - probably because the shift in tone and haunting creepiness deserved it's own 'space'... but thought that was interesting while listening today.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just paid $19.07 for the Deluxe Edition at Best Buy. Fuck me, times have changed. Has anyone gotten the album (in its deluxe edition) at a lesser price somewhere else?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I just paid $19.07 for the Deluxe Edition at Best Buy. Fuck me, times have changed. Has anyone gotten the album (in its deluxe edition) at a lesser price somewhere else?
    $1.49 from GoHastings

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed View Post
    Anyone else notice that the remix of While I'm Still Here includes Black Noise? So it's actually a WISH/Black Noise remix. Not surprising, they were probably one song initially then TR decided to split it into a 14th track - probably because the shift in tone and haunting creepiness deserved it's own 'space'... but thought that was interesting while listening today.
    Actually, I have a bit of a theory on that. It is largely based on the fact that if you listen to WISH on loop, it's completely seamless, if you have the song on loop, but aren't paying attention to the time on the track (or just know that the sax means it's at the end of the song), you won't even notice that the song is looping and just think it's really really really long. It's a very rough version of the theory though, so feel free to tell me I'm full of it or close but not quite or whatever. There's an undercurrent throughout much of the album, and in WISH, of being worried that his newfound sobriety and happiness won't last. That the old him is waiting to eat him up again. And that's what Black Noise is - the old him eating him up again. But then you put the song on loop and it doesn't end. "While I'm Still Here" is forever looping and he's always still here and the Black Noise hasn't eaten him up. Whether he lets the old him swallow him up or continue his new life while he's still here is completely up to him.

edit - adding to this theory is the fact that HM is mostly "clean" without any of the distortion or "noise" type stuff found on TDS. The only hint of that is in (ironically enough) "Everything" when he's singing about his fears of the old him. Black Noise however, is reminiscent of that kind of sound and it's coming back for him.
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-03-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    $1.49 from GoHastings
    Not any more. It's like 9.99 or something like that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Old news man They've already been ripped from the interview into individual tracks and remastered into 5.1. Maybe not that last part.
    Wait, WHAT? Oh man, really... where?
    Can you please point me in the direction of them or perhaps PM a link?
    Pretty please, many many thanks in advance
    I absolutely love that first demo Trent played, gotta have it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Not any more. It's like 9.99 or something like that.
    NOW it is. It wasn't when I bought it, which is what the question was.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    .. And that's what Black Noise is - the old him eating him up again. But then you put the song on loop and it doesn't end. "While I'm Still Here" is forever looping and he's always still here and the Black Noise hasn't eaten him up.
    Well since WISH is a reflection on the concept of mortality, and the impending, inescapability of death, I think Black Noise is the (musical) manifestation of that. I mean, think about it, a song about realizing that you aren't immortal and must pay up eventually, followed by an ever growing, droning, creepy monstrosity coming at you until it abruptly ends. It's death. Morbid, but effective in communicating its message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    on the inside? it's this:

It's the image in the digital booklet pdf opposite of Running's lyrics.
    That's the one. I could see the scratched part but nothing else. Thanks!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Can anyone flip this and read what it says? I'm at work but can see something like "capable of ascertaining..."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I just sent Amazon a disappointed e-mail regarding the delay in receiving my vinyl pre-order. Seriously, why the hell am I expected to receive this two days AFTER it's released when I pre-ordered it in June with free 2-day shipping via a trial of Amazon Prime? This is ridiculous...
    So, Amazon got me all worked up over nothing... This was awaiting my arrival today—despite me listening to the audiophile mastered version all day that I burned to a CD.

Last edited by wight rabbit; 09-03-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Any general consensus on the LEAST favorite track on HM? Not counting Eater of Dreams or Black Noise of course....
    Which song, for those who have listened maaaaany times already as I have, do you ultimately find least compelling and difficult to really get into?

For me?

Came Back Haunted... especially that overlong outro with the "Hau-hau-haunted"...yeesh... he overcooked that one I think.
    Would be followed probably by While I'm Still Here. I'm seeing some love for that track but I just can't get much into it. Chorus is cool, but the rest just kinda feels like a flat way to end such an epic album.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well since WISH is a reflection on the concept of mortality, and the impending, inescapability of death, I think Black Noise is the (musical) manifestation of that. I mean, think about it, a song about realizing that you aren't immortal and must pay up eventually, followed by an ever growing, droning, creepy monstrosity coming at you until it abruptly ends. It's death. Morbid, but effective in communicating its message.
    I agree with you completely with one difference. By death, I think he means the death of the new life he's created.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anybody listen to HM as if it were a concept album, or just as a normal album? If so, what sort of hidden messages do you hear in it? (For example, I saw Find My Way as the character from The Downward Spiral calmly asking God for forgiveness for the events in Heresy and Ruiner, and out of desperation asks the lord for help.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any general consensus on the LEAST favorite track on HM? Not counting Eater of Dreams or Black Noise of course....
    Which song, for those who have listened maaaaany times already as I have, do you ultimately find least compelling and difficult to really get into?

For me?

Came Back Haunted... especially that overlong outro with the "Hau-hau-haunted"...yeesh... he overcooked that one I think.
    Would be followed probably by While I'm Still Here. I'm seeing some love for that track but I just can't get much into it. Chorus is cool, but the rest just kinda feels like a flat way to end such an epic album.
    Personally for me it would be Running

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "Everything." I keep trying to like it, but I can only get into the "noisier" sections. I can't say with absolute certainty, but I feel like I'm part of a minority in saying that "Satellite" is one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Washington post said it is one of the best albums of the year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...814_story.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelnails95 View Post
    Personally for me it would be Running
    same here. to me this is the one that seems the most out of place (yes, even more than everything).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    same here. to me this is the one that seems the most out of place (yes, even more than everything).
    Same here, I tend to skip "Running".

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Disappointed, least favorite.

Actually, "favorite" shouldn't have anything to do with the song, for me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I really like the whole album, but if I had to pick one song I didn't like as much, I think I'd go with Disappointed. And not just so I can make a pun about being disappointed with the song. I would never go there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent1995 View Post
    Also, has anybody else had trouble with the digital download MP3 version? When I put it on my Android phone, the album artwork doesn't show up, and it's not Nine Inch Nails. It's simply "Unknown Artist"

My phone doesn't have enough memory for the FLAC. Any other suggestions?
    I'm having the same problems... Rather disappointing. I figure I'll wait to get the physical cd, rip it to MP3 and apply what I want.
    Maybe someone else knows of a way to do it with the downloaded MP3's...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Actually, I have a bit of a theory on that. It is largely based on the fact that if you listen to WISH on loop, it's completely seamless, if you have the song on loop, but aren't paying attention to the time on the track (or just know that the sax means it's at the end of the song), you won't even notice that the song is looping and just think it's really really really long. It's a very rough version of the theory though, so feel free to tell me I'm full of it or close but not quite or whatever. There's an undercurrent throughout much of the album, and in WISH, of being worried that his newfound sobriety and happiness won't last. That the old him is waiting to eat him up again. And that's what Black Noise is - the old him eating him up again. But then you put the song on loop and it doesn't end. "While I'm Still Here" is forever looping and he's always still here and the Black Noise hasn't eaten him up. Whether he lets the old him swallow him up or continue his new life while he's still here is completely up to him.

edit - adding to this theory is the fact that HM is mostly "clean" without any of the distortion or "noise" type stuff found on TDS. The only hint of that is in (ironically enough) "Everything" when he's singing about his fears of the old him. Black Noise however, is reminiscent of that kind of sound and it's coming back for him.
    Very interesting. I like that theory of the song. Never really looked that deep into Hesitation Marks, but I don't see why I didn't. I really should. Any other songs that you would say have interesting meanings to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my vinyl today. That's what I call good business!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm on my first listen of the vinyl and I'm definitely liking the way it sounds better than the audiophile mastered version of the album (should I be surprised)?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone know of any iPhone 4 wallpapers for the album art kicking about? I'm mad picky about my lock screen/home screen sharing the same theme.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Kansas City disappointed me today. Got off work and went to the best and most popular new record shop in midtown and I was the first person to buy the LP as of 5pm.

Either way, the LP sounds and looks fantastic and they even accidentally slipped two CDs into it. SCORE! Now to figure out which of my friends that i'll be introducing this album to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Disappointed, least favorite.

Actually, "favorite" shouldn't have anything to do with the song, for me.
    i actually really like this one, but i think it would be much better if the second chorus was yelled/screamed. i don't really need loud guitars and screaming, but it seems like it's missing here and it sort of makes it feel like the song never gets "there."