Page 207 of 241 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I dont know if this was already posted but Hesitation Marks may debut at #3 in billboard charts, :/
    "Not in the running for No. 1 at this point is Nine Inch Nails' new album, "Hesitation Marks." The set should move around 100,000 in its first week, and will likely start at No. 3."
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...-the-billboard

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^Out of interest, how well should it be doing? I have no idea what anything should sell these days

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "What a pathetic string of words
    Just leave them lying on the floor"

- was just listening to HM again and during this part, I "saw" a group of people in rehab, playing some kind of therapeutic game with words written on pieces of paper, with the task being to pick randomly one and talk or something... and the protagonist is not really into it at this moment. And maybe some doors opening and closing with creak. Just an image. :-) (Edit: So what would trigger him to really want to change is none of this therapeutic stuff, but just her.)

And yesterday during Black Noise I felt a bit of an actual fear, that was... intense and strange, don't think it ever happened to me during listening to music.

Really, lot to discover here.
    Last edited by Substance242; 09-08-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd like to share my theory of the concept of Hesitation Marks, as if it were listened to as a concept album (Such as The Downward Spiral). If anybody is interested, take a read:

http://joynson.tumblr.com/post/60512...interpretation

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    True to my love for tradition, I held off listening until I had the physical version (in this case, deluxe CD) in hand and could play the disc itself from start to finish.

First listen: yikes. This album did not jump out at me. I was having a hard time picking a favorite, because frankly, I was having a hard time picking a song that I genuinely liked in the first place. Honestly, I was worried that I was just going to end up shrugging off this album, shelving it or giving it to a friend, and waiting to see what's next.

However, I've now played it as background music in the house, while out driving, while running or just going for a walk, and it's growing on me with each and every listen. I still don't think I have a clear favorite, although I'm leaning more towards the entire back half of the album over the first half (save perhaps for Find My Way and All Time Low).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Midweek charts and HM is number 2 in the UK. That's pretty good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Multi-tracks for this album would make my head asplode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "Satellite" is the "Kinda I Want To" of this album... and I love it.
    one of my favorite tracks actually, i know it's getting some negative attention amongst fans. but i dig it, especially the music production.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah the 2nd half of Satellite is great, but I think the beginning is pretty cheesy, especially the vocal change on 'scratch across - THE SKY'. The slap bass toward the end is gorgeous though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Someone I follow on Tumblr just referred to Everything as the only good song on the album.

I can't tell if they're trolling or if they're serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everything is great but it's not the best on the album.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    I dont know if this was already posted but Hesitation Marks may debut at #3 in billboard charts, :/
    "Not in the running for No. 1 at this point is Nine Inch Nails' new album, "Hesitation Marks." The set should move around 100,000 in its first week, and will likely start at No. 3."
    Which is fine in my opinion.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I dunno if the Billboard 200 is counting purchases sold by Modlife or not. You'd think there would be more hardcore NIN faithful than fans of those two singers who want to purchase their entire new album...
    Last edited by botley; 09-07-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Received my $2.45 deluxe edition HM from gohastings today, thanks whoever posted that link

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    Wow- kind of shitty. If I remember correctly NIN albums in the past drop like a rock after the first week too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^Out of interest, how well should it be doing? I have no idea what anything should sell these days
    Avenged Sevenfold hit #1 this week with 160,000. :/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent1995 View Post
    I'd like to share my theory of the concept of Hesitation Marks, as if it were listened to as a concept album (Such as The Downward Spiral). If anybody is interested, take a read:

http://joynson.tumblr.com/post/60512...interpretation
    Wait, wait. That sound at the end of The Eater of Dreams is [or could be] someone speaking? If this has been discussed before, it totally went over my head.

Jesus Christ, this track became incredibly creepy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Bummer, their new album is kinda blah too. Most of the time their like that though. 1 or 2 songs i really dig and the rest feel like filler to me. Shepherd of Fire is a pretty groovy track though.

On the upside though, their mastering is great on this album. Absolutely no brickwalling or crazy loudness at all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wow- kind of shitty. If I remember correctly NIN albums in the past drop like a rock after the first week too.

Avenged Sevenfold hit #1 this week with 160,000. :/
    Yeah, there's a reason for that. Every douche between the ages of 22-30 fucking LOVES Avenged Sevenfold, and so do their girlfriends..
    You know, the ones that will pose for a picture with their hands in the "metal reulz" position??

I also am starting to think that nine inch nails, in the media's eyes anyway, really IS this band made up of old guys that are still rockin'..
    I think I even saw an article posted on here that said something to that effect.
    There's an entire group of young adults born AFTER Nine Inch Nails most popular era..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Wait, wait. That sound at the end of The Eater of Dreams is [or could be] someone speaking? If this has been discussed before, it totally went over my head.

Yeah! It's very much noticeable in the audiophile version.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    Someone I follow on Tumblr just referred to Everything as the only good song on the album.

I can't tell if they're trolling or if they're serious.
    I would actually hope for trolling in that case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Yeah, there's a reason for that. Every douche between the ages of 22-30 fucking LOVES Avenged Sevenfold, and so do their girlfriends..
    You know, the ones that will pose for a picture with their hands in the "metal reulz" position??

I also am starting to think that nine inch nails, in the media's eyes anyway, really IS this band made up of old guys that are still rockin'..
    I think I even saw an article posted on here that said something to that effect.
    There's an entire group of young adults born AFTER Nine Inch Nails most popular era..
    As a 17 year old I resent this

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataxia View Post
    As a 17 year old I resent this
    the funny thing is that, 17 years ago, the "joke" was that only teenagers listened to nine inch nails.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Face it. We're old.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    the funny thing is that, 17 years ago, the "joke" was that only teenagers listened to nine inch nails.
    Generally speaking, people kind of grow up with what's popular and new around their age group on e they get into music. As a kid growing up in the 80's listening to a lot of metal bands that stuff definitely didn't resonate with me the same way that 90's music did when I was a teenager and had to start dealing with shit for the first time in my life.

TR is in his late 40's now, and I'm guessing the core fan base is about 10 years younger than him. With NIN being a niche band (albeit a successful one) it doesn't surprise me if teenagers don't really know about them (also taking into account they've been gone for almost 4 years- you go through HS or college in that amount of time).

Shit, I don't know who in the fuck those two singers are above him currently in the Billboard charts- maybe it makes me an old fogey that can't "get with the times". I'm guessing the one is related to Toni Braxton in some way, but don't care enough to google either one of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post

It sounds like someone saying "it goes black" or something to that effect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    TR is in his late 40's now, and I'm guessing the core fan base is about 10 years younger than him. With NIN being a niche band (albeit a successful one) it doesn't surprise me if teenagers don't really know about them (also taking into account they've been gone for almost 4 years- you go through HS or college in that amount of time).
    sure. but the notion wasn't just that the market for NIN was primarily teenagers. the notion was that NIN was *for* teenagers - that it was noisy, weird, evil, juvenile garbage. (maybe not quite as much as, say, marilyn manson, but still.) now, NIN is considered an old fogey relic that teenagers wouldn't get? . . actually, i'm not so sure about the second part. my impression from what i've read is that NIN is sort of oddly respected. like, trent is sort of a super-adult because he is married and has kids and doesn't do drugs. it's just sort of funny that there always has to be an exclusionary way that non-fans and "the media" contextualize NIN.

and i'm sure that's true of almost every other band except for the most mainstream groups with the most "mainstream" fans (which i guess means maybe american white male professional 20-somethings? i dunno). one of my favorite musicians is extremely popular now, but her fans are still regarded as just a bunch of obsessive tween girls. i'm sure in 15 years, those "12 year olds" will be "40-somethings", too.

i'm not really sure how much it matters, though, since obviously there are some teenagers (and 60-year-olds, too) that find out about NIN somehow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Where the hell is the "Everything" music video?

Forget the video, I want to hear that live.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    I hear "take it all back". Been trying to figure out what the hell it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    I'm hearing "not going back, I'm not going back"... as in not going back to the Downward spiral time.