Page 63 of 241 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. The new material sounds much more promising. Nothing like the quality of new NIN however, and that's coming from a guy with a radiohead tattoo on his wrist

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by draven View Post
    agreed. also, i won't consider any of the hm songs released so far as singles until i see them halo'd.
    or, if you want to extrapolate from the marketing narrative around HM, it's a whole album of single-esque songs! oh boy!

hopefully not.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Yeah-uck. what a shite album
    Yallz is trippin. Bloom alone man...

that being said THIS NEEDS TO LEAKKK NOWWWWWW

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    The last time I was this excited for an album was....
    ...never.

FUCK YES
    Deftones' Koi No Yokan, for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy of A View Post
    King of limbs for me. Was disappointed. Liked it for a while, bUt then was disappointed again
    Would've been the same for me with two exceptions:

1) If I remember correctly KoL was released a few days after it was announced...so i didn't have time to get up a proper boner for that album. But this whole 3 month buildup for Hesitation Marks is doing the trick. perks of a record label?

2) I actually really like KoL. Separator is my all-time fav Radiohead track. was kind of disappointed for first few listens, but understood it more each time. I mean it's no In Rainbows or Kid A, but it's better than Ok Computer to me, and more consistent than Hail to the thief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a huge fan of the king of limbs, I also enjoy the other four songs released during the period, I never understand why so many fans dislike it, but to each their own.

And while I really enjoyed the release method of just hearing about the album and then days later actually hearing it, the wait for hesitatiion marks has me super hyped and excited, which is really an awesome feeling.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The King of Limbs live from the basement > the studio album

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stay on topic folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i remember my first glance at the downward spiral's cover. i thought it was some sort of squashed rodent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Waiting...and waiting....and it's only the 19th

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    i remember my first glance at the downward spiral's cover. i thought it was some sort of squashed rodent.
    I remember the first time I heard TDS. It was about a week or so after it came out. My roommate at college got it. This was before Closer and before NIN got any sort of mainstream exposure. I hadn't heard a single one of their songs and only heard the name because they were on the T-shirts of the alternative kids (i.e. most of the kids I was hanging out with by that point, but coming from the small-town sheltered environment, I was still getting gradually introduced to their music). I wouldn't quite say I liked it at first so much as I was intrigued by it. It might sound odd, but one of the things I liked about it was that he had it on cassette and the first side was 9 songs and the second side was 5 songs and a bunch of blank space. That sounds weird for that to be something I liked about the album, but the cut off was there because it was the only logical place for a break, which showed that this was an album that was a complete work and not just a collection of songs and I had (have actually) a weakness for music like that. I don't think it should come as a surprise to any of you that I very quickly became obsessed.

And then a few months later, I was at home over the summer and working and a co-worker of mine who was also one of the cool alternakids told me that he saw a video for Closer on MTV. I was kinda surprised by that because while I could see the music catching on in the mainstream, the lyrics seemed a bit much (by this point, I was detached enough from the mainstream that it didn't dawn on me that most of them don't even listen to the words unless it's something they can grab onto like "I want to fuck you like an animal"). I started watching MTV for no other reason than to see this video and when I did, I figured there was no way this was going to get any more than a cult following. Shows how much I know.

A couple months after that came Woodstock. I didn't pay for it, so it was scrambled and I couldn't see much of anything, but I could hear the PPV. I was blown away and never expected songs like Terrible Lie or Sin to sound like that. And that was without even being able to see the energy and chaos that was on stage, which I did see a few months later when I was in the pit for my first NIN show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    awesome story. you lucky bastard. you saw them during the further down the spiral tour? how was THAT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When was the Welcome Oblivion stream up on Pitchfork in relation to the release date? Should we expect a full album stream any time now?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Everything.
    Everything is echoing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    When was the Welcome Oblivion stream up on Pitchfork in relation to the release date? Should we expect a full album stream any time now?
    Album stream went up on February 19 and the album was released on March 5th. But, as I've said before, I highly doubt they'd do another Pitchfork stream.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Should we expect a full album stream any time now?
    I'm still guessing this coming Tuesday (the 20th) or the Tuesday after that (the 27th). And then it'll get ripped and put up on TPB, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    feb 19th - pitch, march 5th - official

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome Oblivion was up on the 19th of Feb, respective of it's March 5th release.

Edit: Beat me to it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    since we're getting "Everything" on tuesday, i think it's safe to say that most of the traditional songs on the album will have been released as singles by release date.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    awesome story. you lucky bastard. you saw them during the further down the spiral tour? how was THAT?
    Mind blowing. There was a complete atmosphere of chaos from beginning to end (and when I say beginning, I mean beginning of the whole show, not the beginning of the NIN performance. Marilyn Manson ended his opening act completely buck naked humping a keyboard before Pogo picked him up and carried him off stage. And of course the Jim Rose Circus, which I didn't know anything about and assumed was actually a band). But it was still punctuated by moments like what eventually became the Hurt video (not that particular performance of course, but the visuals and whatnot), which left the whole stadium mesmerized and is probably why most modern performances of that song do nothing for me and then ending on SICNH, which I wasn't expecting at all.

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../19941128.html was the show. Before I discovered the world of bootlegs (and that show in particular) I had that setlist memorized from beginning to end, something I couldn't tell you I've done for any other show without the aid of bootlegs or websites. I had a few things grouped together that helped me remember (i.e. "March of the Pigs"/"Piggy"/"Reptile" being the songs with animals in the title and the quiet songs in the middle, the three PHM songs before the encore, etc). But mostly it was just that that show burned itself into my memory so deeply.

And I realize that saying this probably makes me sound like all the old hippies who would tell me about how awesome it was to see Zeppelin live or The Stones without having to take out a second mortgage to buy tickets and I love to hear about it and I'm filled with a mix of "damn, you're lucky" and "damn, you're old." Now get off my damn lawn, you kids!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    I'm still guessing this coming Tuesday (the 20th) or the Tuesday after that (the 27th). And then it'll get ripped and put up on TPB, I'm sure.
    Since the physical CDs and albums are probably starting to work their way into stores this week, that seems about the right time to legally stream it since it will be out there soon either way. You can say what you want about Columbia being good at preventing leaks, but once the physical product is in stores, there's only so much they can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Now THAT is a setlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! I'm obsessed with the video bootlegs of those shows. I always did wonder how the crowd felt after that performance of hurt because the first time I watched it at home, I wanted to get up off my seat and cheer. Sometimes I still do. I love this forum.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Wow! I'm obsessed with the video bootlegs of those shows. I always did wonder how the crowd felt after that performance of hurt because the first time I watched it at home, I wanted to get up off my seat and cheer. Sometimes I still do. I love this forum.
    I was going to ask if you've seen the "what's this concert footage?" thread, but I saw a post from you in it when I went to get the URL for it. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for that, but if he comes through, that would be something I've sorely wanted for about 15 years now (ever since Closure wasn't quite what I wanted it to be).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent1995 View Post
    How will we know if it leaks or not? If the album leaks, where would be the first place it will have been uploaded?
    When you log in that morning/afternoon/whenever, either this thread will have skyrocketed 30 pages since the last time you checked, OR the entire forum will have crashed.

Trust me. After you've seen enough album cycles around here, you learn these things. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would be pretty damn amazing to see happiness in slavery pro shot from that tour! So i don't completely go off topic any longer (you know someone is getting pissed lol)I will add that Most song titles off HM remind me of hurt. namely CBH, find my way, black noise, and everything.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It would be pretty damn amazing to see happiness in slavery pro shot from that tour! So i don't completely go off topic any longer (you know someone is getting pissed lol)I will add that Most song titles off HM remind me of hurt. namely CBH, find my way, black noise, and everything.
    as long as you're talking about NIN, I say it's on-topic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I may have found another obvious fake torrent out there. It was uploaded July 21 and contains files with the mp3 file extension that allegedly are 320 kbps, however, the file sizes don't match up correctly. It'd be hilarious if it were real, though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    I may have found another obvious fake torrent out there. It was uploaded July 21 and contains files with the mp3 file extension that allegedly are 320 kbps, however, the file sizes don't match up correctly. It'd be hilarious if it were real, though.
    Download it and let us know.

You might want to make sure your virus protection is up to date first though. Make sure your computer is wearing a condom.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Wednesday is Hesitation Marks Day.