Page 96 of 241 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Yeah, well... we're possessed fanatics and (most likely) even more full of TR than the man himself. But it says something to include a "Conversation..." about an album on the album itself, doesn't it? Even if it's just the deluxe edition. Also, the way he's talking... it's always the same stories... you can truly imagine how he sits down with his publicist laying out detailed answers for possible questions and then later on repeats them over and over again... formulating stories about how record x or y came about. Idk, if that makes any sense, but it's taking away the "magic" somehow as it appears rehearsed and prepared and sometimes even seems to border on insincerity.

I guess, it's probably even the only way to conduct those interviews as many interviewers will ask the exact same things over and over. Still, I wish he wouldn't return to the same stories no matter what the question. Also, imagine being the centre of your (professional) life for as long as you can remember. And on top of that being a successfull multi-million dollar artist... I guess, you'll get used to everything around you being about you in some way or another.

You know, when I got into NIN it felt refreshing to listen to an artist talking so bluntly about himself. Later on it began to feel like an agenda designed to fit in with the band's "self loathing" concept. Same with the lyrical content of the songs. Are they sincere expressions of an tortured artist, who's just miserable 364 days of the year, or are they calculated concepts to fit into a certain niche? Or is Trent simply unable to write decent songs touching topics outside his comfort zone? I don't want to sound like a smartass here as I'm really trying to wrap my head around those questions myself...
    I don't really love that a "talking track" is technically found on the album, the one I pre-ordered, all the same I'm kinda just not reading into it much for being there. Ultimately I'm sure it was up to Trent to include it...to even do it with that in mind. He just maybe wanted to try something new or different for him.

What we've heard so far from this track is just an excerpt though...let's keep that in mind. And we're not sure who or if there's another voice in the dialogue at some points.

With that said, I think that the talking in the track will be all about this album, so all these things about it and him and personnel involved should come up. Right? More nitty gritty stuff, I'd hope. And, I mean, I already heard some tidbits that paint a clearer picture about the album process than I did before listening in.

*shrug* Just my take. Go back to your feelings today once you've heard everything and the talking track.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to hearing that "Conversation With..." track. I hope that's the kind of thing they'll be encouraging artists to do as premium content for Beats.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insequence View Post
    Everyone hates that song. It just seemed relevant.
    fuck you that song is perfection!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    As an amusing side note to, uh, pass the time: If you google trent reznor, the little side-box that pops up with various info lists, among other things,
    Albums: Little Richard, The Social Network, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, Atlanta, GA,Boston, MA, Quake, Washington, DC, Quake I

That's right, the classic reznor album Little Richard. And who needs PHM, TDS, or YZ when you've got the chart-topping Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity?

​Among his 'songs' are listed the famous industrial smasher 'Metaphor'.

Last edited by Transfixed; 08-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    leak. now. plox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    leak. now. plox.
    Pretty plox, put HM in my box.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Little off topic since we're all talking about the leak but..

On the deluxe version...
    There are only 3 tracks on an entire second disk?
    • "Find My Way" (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix) – 4:47
    • "All Time Low" (Todd Rundgren Remix) – 5:49
    • "While I'm Still Here" (Breyer P-Orridge 'Howler' Remix) – 7:03
    Something seems fishy, something tells me there is going to be something...more than that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    what the fuck WHY ARE WE NOT LISTENING TO THIS BY NOW

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

On the deluxe version...
    Something seems fishy, something tells me there is going to be something...more than that.
    I doubt it. Adding the remixes to the main disc would push the running time to 79 minutes, which is a little too close to the limit. It's probably more for separation between the album and the remixes than anything else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why hello there. This is pretty much worthless but in the UK the terrible newspaper that is The Sun has done a review for Hesitation Marks. They don't really say anything about the album so as stated it's pretty much worthless. They did award it a 5/5 score though. Heres a photo I took of it. Sorry for the terrible quality. Turns out the lens on my phone was a tad dirty

http://postimg.org/image/h57tia62r/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

On the deluxe version...
    pr0n!

10 characters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where I come from the album is already here, all albums in the past, present and future are here. There is no need to leak, no need to wait. Its always here, ready to be picked up and listened to when the will strikes me...Oh what it is to be a time traveler..

..but seriously, I am also anticipating this was hoping for a leak today since I have a trip to NYC tomorrow but nothing works out for everyone in the end. Its good to be back here after so long~!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why are the reviewers that clearly have the album by now being so....I don't know... Hesitant to leak it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Regarding the "Hesitation Marks" 'leak' on YouTube recently that was "the whole album" in one track... It was mentioned on nin.com's forums. It should be cut up and on tpb and demonoid in a few. Only thing NIN about it was a cut off Came Back Haunted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the deluxe version...
    Doesn't it include this?

Trent Reznor In Conversation With... -- 41:58

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/he...on/id655150306

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    Doesn't it include this?

Trent Reznor In Conversation With... -- 41:58

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/he...on/id655150306
    iTunes only. It's not on the physical disc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    My bad.

10char
    Last edited by chroipahtz; 08-23-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: derp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He's being interviewed by the ghost of Steve Jobs.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    My bad.

Wouldn't it be awesome if it included multitracks?
    Remember when they tried to secretly include that red record in the vinyl version of the HTDA album but had to disclose it last minute because of the higher shipping costs due to weight?

They're not above delivering surprises. Hell they're signing random albums of this release. This is me on record saying i'll eat my shoe if there are just those 3 tracks on an entire second disk.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm tempted to listen to the deluxe edition remixes first and see how close my mental picture of the songs is to what they actually sound like.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Remember when they tried to secretly include that red record in the vinyl version of the HTDA album but had to disclose it last minute because of the higher shipping costs due to weight?

They're not above delivering surprises. Hell they're signing random albums of this release. This is me on record saying i'll eat my shoe if there are just those 3 tracks on an entire second disk.
    Red record?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Okay, so that settles that? It's been confusing to others like myself. It's the "deluxe" bit that is getting mixed up with the CD and iTunes deluxe versions. It always seemed a little more realistic on the iTunes deluxe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have not been this furiously excited for an album release/leak in 13 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    seriously how has this not leaked.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Red record?
    My mistake. It was a white label record that contained a few remixes and was only contained in preorder packages for the An Omen EP.
    It was meant to be a surprise but the international shipping charges were so high they had to tell everyone because they didn't want people thinking they were ripping them off.

http://nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-90558

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thank god the Made In California boxset leaked tonight so at least I have something to occupy my time.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GFGohmann View Post
    I had an account a few years ago, but couldn't remember my username.

But I had to rejoin so I can discuss this album with other fans. It's going to be really fun.
    ETS was restarted dawg.

And yeah, I'm not one that usually gets anxious about leaks, but just fucking leak already, fuck.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My mistake. It was a white label record that contained a few remixes and was only contained in preorder packages for the An Omen EP.
    It was meant to be a surprise but the international shipping charges were so high they had to tell everyone because they didn't want people thinking they were ripping them off.

http://nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-90558
    oh it was the EP. I ordered the album on vinyl for the bonus tracks (I don't even have a record player but just use the cd that came with it) and I didn't remember any bonus record.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Another day draws to a close....and yet, here I sit, blurry eyes and numb F5 Finger....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed View Post
    Another day draws to a close....and yet, here I sit, blurry eyes and numb F5 Finger....
    You could say.... you're transfixed on this....

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
    hey guys has this leaked yet just checking thanks
    <lies> It leaked with the next 3 albums in one torrent! AMAZING! </lies>
    Last edited by Ponderance; 08-23-2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: adding reply!