Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    Anyone else notice the Fragile Era melodic percussive sounds underneath the synth starting at 1:40. It's like a cool little easter egg.
    At this point his repetitive melodic and chordal tendencies seem less like easter eggs and more like habit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Not quite exactly the same notes though. Kinda like in Survivalism.
    See what I mean?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    The bass synth makes my pussy pop.
    Oh my.

I for one am enjoying how this song has signalled the resurgence of the all-benevolent Australian Thread.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    At this point his repetitive melodic and chordal tendencies seem less like easter eggs and more like habit.
    Absolutely. We've become extremely familiar with his work, and he's had years to pinpoint what he likes. And honestly I don't think he wants to change the world of music anymore, if he ever had that idea. He just wants to have fun making music he likes. So yeah, I don't think he stuffed that track with a thousand references to his previous works, he just did his stuff, which is bound to be reminiscent of his previous oeuvres...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wish iTunes showed all the track names! Good amount of songs though. I love that cover also.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    in other news - in russian community we're trying to make adequate lyrics translation

ah, debates, debates!..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. But i wasn't talking about the melody, just the "SOUND" used. As it is basically pulled right from We're in this together now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely has that "single" feel to it but thankfully far from The Hand That Feeds, quite possibly my least favorite track. Must have listened to it about 10+ times on the ride into work. I have a heavy like, but not quite love for this track.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Really digging the track and the art work for it! I can't wait until the full album hits. However, I do need some help with finding the download links. If anyone can help me out that would be great, I looked all over itunes and nin.com and couldn't find any thing.
    I've heard a rumour that there are tools that can rip youtube videos, and it's also whispered quietly in the shadows that the 1080p youtube vid has the song at ~191kbps/AAC (vs. 128kbps MP3 for the soundcloud version). There are also tools that can repack the sound track from an MP4 (such as, say, spat out by a youtube-ripper) into something more PMP/iPod friendly, without quality loss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. But i wasn't talking about the melody, just the "SOUND" used. As it is basically pulled right from We're in this together now.
    At this point his repetitive melodic and chordal tendencies AND SOUNDS USED seem less like easter eggs and more like habit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like if someone else made this song, they would be criticized for a lot. People might not even give it a second listen or a full listen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    It's played on guitar for the last minute or so of the track.
    Oh right then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Wish iTunes showed all the track names! Good amount of songs though. I love that cover also.
    So how many songs are there? Don't have iTunes...

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Deluxe edition shows 14 original tracks, 3 remixes and a commentary by reznor.

And sadly it's neither available for europe yet, nor can I grab it from nin.com, so the webrip will do for now...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    14 songs, 3 remixes, and a track that looks like an interview with TR maybe?

Track 5 has the explicit tag. Only song that does.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Dig the tune, glad to hear TR behind the mic muthafucka!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It got my blood flowing once again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Can anyone provide a screencap? iTunes Ireland has nothing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Some things I'm gonna say...

CBH bumps.

I hear NIN of all years in this bitch, instrumentally. While there's one thing that may be reminiscent of an album there's a number of others right there by it so it all gets lost in my ears. That's a good thing. But I also would like to say...Peaches. Lil' bit. In the spoken word area near the end only, really.

I like it pretty OK. Nice that it doesn't sound like stuff from the last two releases or misc. (non-"NIN"), that makes me more excited for the whole shbang. I was quite liking everything till the "came back haunted" lines in the chorus. Kind of brought out this Kiss rock vibe for me, maybe it's because of how his voice sounds, or the delivery. I could've done without the second time through of him saying the name of the song...just let the music fill the space. I love the soundscape of the chorus though. Right into it...that's sweet. Total NIN. There's your PHM light definitely relived too, but totally fitting the song.

The sound is thicker than anything on The Slip.
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-06-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Came Back Haunted: It feels like a cross between early Pretty Hate Machine, With Teeth, and a small dose of How To Destroy Angels. I hope the album has some gems but this one is a bit too dance techno heavy IMO. Do you think Trent read

Album title: Do you think Trent read Thomas Farber's "Hesitation Marks"? It's a very cool book - almost like an album where each chapter can stand alone on it's own. Seriously doubt Trent would do such a thing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I feel that people are really giving this thing alot of praise because it's NIN.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN TORONTO.....I was driving in car, listening to the radio when a song came on. It was a long instrumental intro and it made me think that it sounded like a watered down version of what was happening musically at the time in rock music (early 2000s).

I almost changed the station when I realized it was an album preview for a new record by a band who I was REALLY into at the time. Knowing that the band I loved was behind this made me somehow shed my judgements and instantly enjoy it. That always stuck in my mind and the same phenomenon is what I use to justify who you love this song and I find it meh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmfranc View Post
    Came Back Haunted: It feels like a cross between early Pretty Hate Machine, With Teeth, and a small dose of How To Destroy Angels. I hope the album has some gems but this one is a bit too dance techno heavy IMO. Do you think Trent read

Album title: Do you think Trent read Thomas Farber's "Hesitation Marks"? It's a very cool book - almost like an album where each chapter can stand alone on it's own. Seriously doubt Trent would do such a thing.
    actually, looking over the description of that book, it sounds exactly like the sort of thing TR would reference

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry, from my phone.

i love the cover

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    The bass synth makes my pussy pop.
    look who came out of the woodwork!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I feel that people are really giving this thing alot of praise because it's NIN.
    Are you seriously pondering the objectivity of a fan-based community about the latest product of the artist who inspired the name of its very gathering place ? That's like wondering if vegans wouldn't prefer bacon if they didn't hate meat...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    that iTunes pre-order.... i want the album NOW
    -.... REALLY LOVE THE ARTWORK OF THE ALBUM, remind me of the fragile combine with the downward spiral

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    When I woke up this morning I listened to it on my iPhone. Next I turned on my stereo and I played it loud.
    For me it was a bad start of my day.

Disappointed, people.
    I hear THTF/Discipline items and a lot more of the same I've heard before.
    Maybe I was expecting something like TF or something complete different.
    This is so commercial and usual.
    We all know the qualities of Trent. I cannot hear it in this song.
    Sorry.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Quote Originally Posted by UninTY View Post
    look who came out of the woodwork!
    I saw. And I'm not talking about papagolash.

I'm liking the new track. Sounds so good in my new car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the link to the album cover artwork... it's small, looking for a hi-res URL...

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music2...170x170-75.jpg