Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
It's really not that magical. The Wiltern is far older and far prettier... and sounds much better as well. There's nothing to really distinguish the Forum from any other large seating venue, except the graveyard across the street from it. It's also right under the approach pattern for LAX, so every few minutes a low flying plane would buzz the place. There were also a few homeless dudes running out onto Manchester Blvd when I was leaving after the show. And as suprefan mentioned, the Staples Center is right off the 110, as opposed to the Forum, which requires driving through Manchester and/or Inglewood, depending upon which interstate you used (110, 105, 405) to get there.
Comparing apples and oranges shouldnt happen right now. a 2300 person venue that has gotten a renovation shouldnt have to answer to a historic basketball arena. And The Orpheum is older9 if u wanna compare old theaters), it was built in 1926, and is better than The Wiltern.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
It looks like the media wins this round... Or maybe I was just an idiot for thinking it was this relic. Hmmm let's go with the media. Hahaha
No, trust me, why its is considered a ''special'' place is warranted. Its just that time goes by and its gotten lost in the shuffle. The Lakers won 6 basketball titles there, Wayne Gretzky played at The forum and made hockey a more relevant sport in non traditional hockey cities, A LOT of epic concerts. Prince did his 30 show residency there 2 years ago and was awesome. So coming from experience, its not the media, its just that theres a time and a place to recognize the greatness of the place, but that time is not now.