Thread: 2013.11.24 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    I actually love winter and hate LA for its lack of (btw its like in the 50s (F) here in LA today and I watched a guy outside yell how freezing it was - haha - even I think its silly how people react here.
    Oh man, it was like... 65-70 degrees F during the day in vegas last weekend and people were wearing winter coats and toques. I was like WTF is this! lol, people are funny.
    We went to LA in Feburary a few years back and people were bundled up in jackets and scarfs and it was like 55-60F. I guess it's all relative to what you're used to. If you're used to 100-110 degrees F for most of the year, I would imagine 55-60 would feel a tad chilly to you.

I guess it kinda makes sense in a weird sort of way... it's like Trent said "I just want something I can never have" guess that applies to weather as well, haha. There was a guy in Vegas when we were there, said he was from Texas and was loving the cool Vegas weather, haha. I guess if you come from a place that's like 80-100 degrees hot all year round, you do attend to appreciate things like cooler weather. Quite the opposite for people in Canada though, we appreciate the warm weather when we get it.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-20-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Oh man, it was like... 65-70 degrees F during the day in vegas last weekend and people were wearing winter coats and toques. I was like WTF is this! lol, people are funny.
    We went to LA in Feburary a few years back and people were bundled up in jackets and scarfs and it was like 55-60F. I guess it's all relative to what you're used to. If you're used to 100-110 degrees F for most of the year, I would imagine 55-60 would feel a tad chilly to you.
    Whats really funny is the women in short skirts and big furry ugh boots. Always cracks me up. but yeah - in the 50s is when all the scarves and big coats come out and I even see women wearing gloves - Im from California and its funny to me. I was in Vegas too last Saturday and was in a T shirt walking outside watching everyone else bundled up. haha

I DO worry about the planes and ice - but I guess Edmonton probably has that issue worked out.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    I DO worry about the planes and ice - but I guess Edmonton probably has that issue worked out.
    Haha, oh yeah! That reminds me... they have to de-ice the plane wings before flight in most of Canada. I used to live in Winnipeg, where it can get down to -40C (which I believe is also -40F... I think it's the same once it gets to that point), and I remember going away in Winter (specifically this time of year to Edmonton for NIN) and they had to de-frost the wings. Totally forgot about that. Vancouver doesn't really get sub-zero weather. We get Seattle weather. Between 25-45F all winter, lots of rain.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Haha, oh yeah! That reminds me... they have to de-ice the plane wings before flight in most of Canada. .
    Done that a few times in Minneapolis. as long as I get THERE on time Ill be happy.

Anyone tell me what Edmonton is like late at night - like food after the show on a Sunday night - something besides Tim Hortons.
    Last edited by Powhatan; 11-20-2013 at 04:50 PM.