Thread: Silent Hill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    ANYWAY....Personally, I kinda like the first Silent Hill movie. I know it gets a lot of crap for screwing up the franchise and whatnot, but as a stand-alone story of Silent Hill, I like it.
    I really like the first movie, I've never played any of the games so I'm not seeing anything they may have screwed up. But I thought it was a pretty cool, twisted movie, will definitely go see the second one if they ever release it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I really like the first movie, I've never played any of the games so I'm not seeing anything they may have screwed up. But I thought it was a pretty cool, twisted movie, will definitely go see the second one if they ever release it.
    Personally, I didn't see how they "screwed it up" myself. I know that they wanted to make it similar to the first game, but changed a whole lotta things regarding what happens to Alessa and Sharon (who was supposed to be Cheryl from the game) and that they decided to change Harry Mason into Rose Da Silva. Other than a few little things, I don't think it was a bad movie at all. Although it would have been awesome to see a movie more true to the game, there were things from the game that would have just been weird in a movie (basically any of the bosses) The inclusion of Pyramid Head was cool, though!)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Aaand, looks like we're gonna have Silent Hill: Revelation 3D on October 26th!

Edit - Silent Hill 2 and 3 just came in the mail - Damn, these things are in good shape for pre-owned. My buddy probably takes better care of his shit than anyone I know.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-19-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Finally got round to playing the first 5 mins of my Silent Hill 2 HD game - not liking it at all, the atmosphere is gone due to not enough fog and everything is too 'bright' and colourful and the game 'staggers' a bit every time James runs for a bit (is that the frame rate dipping?) - I just don't really see any excuse for this sort of problem in this day and age, the PS2 version never did this, how can the quality go backwards??