Thread: Best *CD* double albums?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been listening to Hurry Up, We're Dreaming by M83 a lot lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I've been listening to Hurry Up, We're Dreaming by M83 a lot lately.
    ^ THIS.

Generally I dislike double albums. It's too much material to properly digest in one sitting and they tend to be burdened with a lot of filler and/or mediocre songs.

I read (or heard, can't remember) an interview with Trent recently where he was reflecting on "The Fragile". My memory is a bit hazy but I'm almost positive he said that in retrospect he probably should have released it as two separate albums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Walkabouts - Drunken Soundtracks

It's a two-disc collection of B-sides and covers from a band, continually ignored by everyone, from what's generally considered to be their weakest period. I don't know how this could've possibly worked enough to include it here but it does! I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to check this one out. Gorgeous!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wu-Tang Forever ain't gettin' no love?! Every track is good...

PS- The three songs to remove from The Fragile would easily be Pilgrimage, Starsuckers, and Ripe. With an honorable mention going to Underneath It All.

PSS- One Hot Minute is a sick record and it holds up extremely well. Forgotten songs like the title track and Transcending need to be revived.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Wu-Tang Forever ain't gettin' no love?! Every track is good...

PS- The three songs to remove from The Fragile would easily be Pilgrimage, Starsuckers, and Ripe. With an honorable mention going to Underneath It All.

PSS- One Hot Minute is a sick record and it holds up extremely well. Forgotten songs like the title track and Transcending need to be revived.
    starsuckers isn't on the fragile

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Wu-Tang Forever ain't gettin' no love?!
    I named it in my list.