Page 108 of 138 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 4114

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    if they were deformed slugs? sure. but they're literally bullets poured from a box.

A modern centerfirecartridge consisting of the following:
    1. bullet, as the projectile;
    2. metallic case, which holds all parts together;
    3. propellant, for example gunpowder or cordite;
    4. rim, which provides the extractor on the firearm a place to grip the case to remove it from the chamber once fired;
    5. primer, which ignites the propellant.
    Not a gun nerd at all but that stood out.

Also does that one lady just jump up and grab the thing and then break it on her knee? wtf was that I wonder.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So apparently the witness in the protection is a big deal and is going to come up in a movie if not one of the shows. Feige said that.

at 1:15 there are bullets hitting the ground. the problem is that those are bullets, not shells.
    I'm still too angry about Quicksilver to speculate on this

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    First episode is out! Definitely an interesting start.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, this just doesn't have that WandaVision magic, but it's alright

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's more along the lines of a typical MCU story, and I'm just fine with that.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's more along the lines of a typical MCU story, and I'm just fine with that.
    Yeah I'm personally glad to see things moving around and not held down in a particular setting for too long.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    What a forgettable, phoned in first episode. I can see the potential in the show but it's off to a pretty weak start.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just finished Antman and the Wasp - this was such a great film, really funny without ruining the action. It was nice to have such levity after Infinity War - I almost wish I didn't watch the end credits scene!

Only 3 films to go and I will be up to date with the MCU, then its onto the DCEU if that even exists as a concept anymore

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just finished Antman and the Wasp - this was such a great film, really funny without ruining the action. It was nice to have such levity after Infinity War - I almost wish I didn't watch the end credits scene!

Only 3 films to go and I will be up to date with the MCU, then its onto the DCEU if that even exists as a concept anymore
    also, hannah john-kamen is fucking amazing in everything (but especially killjoys)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    What a forgettable, phoned in first episode. I can see the potential in the show but it's off to a pretty weak start.
    Yah, I understand that they're setting things up, but I thought the extended character development was overkill. We get it, we got it after the first 5 min conversation, move on.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I liked the first episode. I think it establishes what it needs to. I’m excited to see Wyatt Russell be an alt right piece of shit for Bucky and Sam to take down.

These fools that are throwing disrespect at Tony Stark online can eat my ass, though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

still haven't watched it. wanted to last night but the boy said he didn't want to. I'm halfway to downloading it and watching it myself.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I personally loved the first episode and I think this show is off to a great start. As much as I loved WandaVision, that show very much felt like a TV show (which I realize was usually intentional or by design, of course, but the special effects sometimes seemed a little more low-budget than the movies), whereas FatWS felt more cinematic and more like the MCU movies (Winter Soldier's action scenes and Civil War's quieter, more serious moments, in particular). I will say that I'm much more interested in Bucky's story-line so far, but I think it's because his is much more emotionally impactful (and a little heartbreaking). I love Sam's character, but seeing him try to get a bank loan to save the family boat just wasn't quite as interesting as watching Bucky cope with the guilt and PTSD of his past and seeing him struggle to make amends for wrongs that can never be undone. It was really nice to see Rhodey right away and I hope he makes at least one more appearance, maybe even suited up as War Machine. I saw an article where the head writer divulged that this show will set up three other Marvel projects, which I assume will include Armor Wars and Secret Invasion. I've also seen a few reviews saying this show is "more of the same" from Marvel, but I don't think that's a bad thing, especially since the movies I'm most reminded of so far are The Winter Soldier and Civil War, which are two of THE BEST movies in the MCU. If that's the case, sign me the fuck up for more of the same! I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 03-23-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I thought the first episode was pretty good. Hopefully they can keep it up and, more importantly, stick the landing... unlike Wandavision, which I found the ending to be a bit of a letdown.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well, there they go.

haven't even seen trailers on 3/4 of the Marvel movies coming out this year, two of which were supposed to come out last year.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-23-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I mean we all knew it was coming, right? I just hope that this is the last delay. I also hope No Time to Die and Spider-Man: No Way Home don't get pushed back again, those are the three movies I'm most excited to see in theaters this year and I imagine I'll be vaccinated by July.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Hmm so the first two episodes really didn't do anything for me. I liked some of the action especially with Sam, as he's usually my least favorite character of the Avengers and I really dug the Winter Soldier throwbacks. The latter being my only point of interest here as the PTSD seems to be handled quite meaningful here. Bonus points for Munich (my hometown) being a location, although you didn't see the city at all and this could potentially take place in every countryside near the Alps.

Wyatt Russell is going on my nerves already and his sidekick even more, the Flag Smashers don't seem particularly interesting either. But I dig the way this is more cinematic and feels like a proper MCU movie than WandaVision. Let's see where this goes and how Zemo is being incorporated in the story. The show can still become quite cool, but the start imho is incredibily weak so far.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    First two episodes had me engaged, laughing, tearing up, and getting down right mad. They knocked this out of the park imo, and you feel the dread Sam and Bucky are going through, along with how the blip really messed with everything in the long run. They do a good job with how the public perceives the heroes seeing them as just products or nothing more than a selfie after saving their asses countless times. Falcon has always been one of my favorite characters; he is genuine and kicks ass, but I feel him and Bucky are severely nerfed here so far. Their banter is always welcome for me, and the chemistry is almost instant the moment they team up. The show does a really good job tugging with emotions, and the "New" Captain America needs to friggin' go... A face you just wanna punch.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-28-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I know that U.S. Agent is a thing but it's weird how advanced he is at things, like he's almost Cap. I wonder if Steve had kids? and reading the wiki for U.S. Agent they mention the Power Broker who was also mentioned in the 2nd episode. obviously not just Zemo I guess.

So far I like the show because it's doing exactly what the trailers said plus maybe garnering some sympathy for the 'bad' guys. I mean, they're kind of saying "hey, Thanos was right and it was better with half the world gone", aren't they?

Also, for the son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn...Wyatt Hawn Russell is kind of plain looking. Has a very wide face for that helmet/mask combo.
    Wyatt Russell originally read for the part of Steve Rogers/Captain America for Captain America: The First Avenger, although he was ultimately not chosen for the part
    huh, how about that.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-28-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quite interesting as his costume looks like advanced cosplay, but not the real deal. I wonder if that's intentional for this show and his particular role though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Second episode was great. Really going there with the social commentary

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Loving everything so far, and which direction they actually choose to go with USAgent is so intriguing to me. There have been several angles to the character over the years.

I do hope we get some bad guys with powers more interesting and unique than just super serum stuff.

@dlb they filmed all the European stuff in Prague and thereabouts.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo : Ah thanks, makes sense as production is way cheaper in Prague and I'm sure people would have gone insane if they knew a Marvel production was being filmed here. Including myself.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    US Agent is clearly the person texting the Flag Smashers, it's so painfully obvious that he is a villain

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean, that does a lot to explain how they were there so suddenly - other than the hacking - but it doesn't explain them being afraid of the Power Broker, which is who assumed the texts were coming from. Like there was an "I gave you these powers and you owe me" sound from that text.

But your idea intrigues me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    US Agent is clearly the person texting the Flag Smashers, it's so painfully obvious that he is a villain
    Trying to get that super soldier serum for himself so he can be even more like Cap? Interesting, I feel dumb that I hadn't considered that (I also assumed it was Power Broker), you may be right.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Steve Rogers was chosen to get the super soldier serum because he was a good man, per Dr Erskine's parameters. I don't get "good man" vibes from would be "new Cap". Watching him trying to make friends with Sam and Bucky was hilarious.

Do you know what was also fun? Zemo is in cell 2187!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Steve Rogers was chosen to get the super soldier serum because he was a good man, per Dr Erskine's parameters. I don't get "good man" vibes from would be "new Cap". Watching him trying to make friends with Sam and Bucky was hilarious.

Do you know what was also fun? Zemo is in cell 2187!
    Little nod to George Lucas?

I also liked the scene where they were met by US Agent and his sidekick on the road outside of Munich. Had a little WW2/Band of Brothers vibe to me which was a nice nod to Cap and his fight in the war. Whether that was intentional or not, I liked that scene and setting.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I am also impressed with Feige et al for incorporating the Isaiah Bradley storyline, and with a potential Patriot tease in there too! The timing in our society is obviously spot on, and this gives some more potential heft to a series I didn't think was going to have much depth to it (and I was fine with, honestly).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I mean, that does a lot to explain how they1 were there so suddenly - other than the hacking - but it doesn't explain them2 being afraid of the Power Broker, which is who 3 assumed the texts were coming from. Like there was an "I4 gave you these powers and you owe me" sound from that text.

But your idea intrigues me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    So too many indefinite articles and I accidentally a word there.

1 - Cap and Bucky. Oh wait, I mean Cap2 and...Christ, what did he call himself? Taserface? Oh right, Battlestar. (the wiki says that he was called Bucky at one point hence the joke)

2 - The Flag Smashers because on the tarmac the one guy's like "he's here" and that's not Zemo because we see him in the cell still. Could be Cap2, that's an interesting wrinkle. I still like it. (Also he's not there at all because we see the person on the phone call someone...so could still be Zemo but they specifically said the words Power Broker and that's an actual Marvel person. But it's not like it's outside the realm of possibility for Marvel to amalgamate some people for ease of translation)

3 - "I" is the accidentally word. So maybe two, potentially three bad guys for six episodes. I certainly get what the showrunner meant when he said that this is prepping you for at least three other Marvel properties.

4 - Power Broker, potentially.

I love reading the wiki and finding out things like Torres is the new Falcon eventually. The way they get there is very comic-based, holy cow, but still. They are certainly seeding the Young Avengers. I just hope they're doing a better vetting job on old tweets and stuff. Hell, if I were Hollywood and hiring young actors I'd be like "you're deleting everything before we announce you" just so nothing weird comes up.

It's wild to me that we're seeing the Flag Smashers and one of the songs I've been listening to a lot lately is basically that.

Fuck all borders and fuck all boundaries
    Fuck all flags and fuck nationalities

Countries are just lines
    Drawn in the sand with a stick