Page 116 of 138 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 4114

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Kind of confused by the opening with everyone speaking. I mean I get what they were trying to do but it didn't seem cohesive, especially with all of the rando real people quotes as well.

great breakdown of those quotes and what it might mean going forward for the MCU.

It's a silly thing but it's also pretty cool to see and appreciate how much care is going into the MCU vs. say the Dark Universe* or Alien Vs. Predator or the MonsterVerse.**

*"The Dark Universe is a series of monster films that are being developed and distributed by Universal Pictures. The Dark Universe serves as rebooted versions of past monster films that take place in a shared universe."

...are is doing a lot of work there.

**I'm not going after the low-hanging fruit attack of the DCU, at least they're trying.

EDIT: I really thought we were going to get King Loki at the end because Kang was too obvious. I mean, the recap even pulls the quote from Mobius of "you're not a king, Loki". I thought that combined with the Kid Loki quote of
    Classic Loki: "We cannot change. We're broken, every version of us. Forever."
    Kid Loki: "And whenever one of us dares try to fix themselves, they are sent here to die!"
    would lead to King Loki because who else would want to prune so many ambitious Loki's?

Further, why introduce not only a character you've never seen before but also the prime baddie in the last episode? But then they didn't introduce the prime baddie, they introduced a variant of him. Anyway, thought that was wild because those same arguments were brought up in WandaVision with who the bad guy might be and then it was wrong but this time the same thing happened and it was right.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-16-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the Loki finale, i felt Kang (are we calling him Kang yet?) was played fantastically, and it not just boiling into a big ol ight scene was a good idea. Very much looking forward to S2 and What If...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

great breakdown of those quotes and what it might mean going forward for the MCU.

It's a silly thing but it's also pretty cool to see and appreciate how much care is going into the MCU vs. say the Dark Universe* or Alien Vs. Predator or the MonsterVerse.**

*"The Dark Universe is a series of monster films that are being developed and distributed by Universal Pictures. The Dark Universe serves as rebooted versions of past monster films that take place in a shared universe."

...are is doing a lot of work there.

**I'm not going after the low-hanging fruit attack of the DCU, at least they're trying.

EDIT: I really thought we were going to get King Loki at the end because Kang was too obvious. I mean, the recap even pulls the quote from Mobius of "you're not a king, Loki". I thought that combined with the Kid Loki quote of
    would lead to King Loki because who else would want to prune so many ambitious Loki's?

Further, why introduce not only a character you've never seen before but also the prime baddie in the last episode? But then they didn't introduce the prime baddie, they introduced a variant of him. Anyway, thought that was wild because those same arguments were brought up in WandaVision with who the bad guy might be and then it was wrong but this time the same thing happened and it was right.
    Hey, i thought the Monster verse was doing quite well...at least i thought it was good, but i'm a big Godzilla fan so i'm probably a little biased

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Gotta agree with that Free Bacon review although the undertone felt disgusting to read, but he has some good points about being exhausted and that this movie is pretty much shoehorned in to give Johansson one last goodbye for the character and to tie into upcoming shows. I'm really looking forward to see Florence Pugh in the future and I enjoyed the soundtrack alot, I even tought that Taskmaster was really menacing and the fight scenes rocked. But overall this was one of the least enjoyable Marvel movies for me alongside Thor 1-2, Ant-Man 1-2 and Iron Man 2-3.

And I totally forgot how much I dislike Ray Winstone.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally (!!!) finished up re-watching all of the Marvel Netflix shows and I still, overall, like them.

Still really dislike sanctimonious Trish.

I do wish that Mary Walker (Iron Fist S2) would evolve into Typhoid Mary (pure speculation).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

OMG there's a Throg.

Last edited by allegate; 07-28-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 07-29-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What a depressing footnote. Is it just me or is this Greedy on ScarJo's part?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    What a depressing footnote. Is it just me or is this Greedy on ScarJo's part?
    It's not. She's got a contract, she feels that contract was breached. She wants what she's entitled to. If an actor ever breaches their contract, the studios sue the shit out of them. What goes around comes around.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    watched a spoiler video and saw this:Spoiler: There's an actor who plays a character called Mulligan: Stephen Graham as Mulligan: A detective hoping to use Brock to find the remains of Kasady's murder victims. Combine that with: The first host of the Toxin symbiote is former NYPD police officer Patrick Mulligan. and you end up with the third movie being about Toxin.

Is that even a popular enough character to warrant that?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    watched a spoiler video and saw this:Spoiler: There's an actor who plays a character called Mulligan: Stephen Graham as Mulligan: A detective hoping to use Brock to find the remains of Kasady's murder victims. Combine that with: The first host of the Toxin symbiote is former NYPD police officer Patrick Mulligan. and you end up with the third movie being about Toxin.

Is that even a popular enough character to warrant that?
    Him being arguably the strongest out of the two may warrant it. I mean... We are getting a Morbius movie lol...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was looking at the release date for that and it's in January now. That's usually a dumping ground for movies but after Covid who knows.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was looking at the release date for that and it's in January now. That's usually a dumping ground for movies but after Covid who knows.
    End of January too... I'm still intrigued by it though. The trailer I thought was pretty good, and really wondering how, or if it will fit in with everything else.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the idea of blood that's in Carnage might feed (no pun intended!) directly into Morbius so that's intriguing. Cassidy bites Eddie so you wonder, right?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I'm afraid I don't like the humor and they seem to have ramped it up a notch from the first movie, but Venom and Carnage... they just nailed their looks! Carnage looks amazing! Hope the movie is a little darker than the trailers. I just think they could go so much deeper with the body-horror, like Cronenberg level.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I'm afraid I don't like the humor and they seem to have ramped it up a notch from the first movie, but Venom and Carnage... they just nailed their looks! Carnage looks amazing! Hope the movie is a little darker than the trailers. I just think they could go so much deeper with the body-horror, like Cronenberg level.
    Yeah, I didn't like the humor in the trailer as well. The jokes just did not land for me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched the first "What If..." episode... I like the Marvel Knights stuff more but I'm curious about the stories.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The What If... is defiantly up my street, enjoyed what they are trying to do, i'm just not sure i'm sold on the 3D animation. The actions scenes look bloody great, but the rest feels stiff. I dunno, i'm just generally not that keen on 3D over 2D (i'm an animation snob) BUT that didn't stop my loving RWBY, but then that was a passion project from a then small YouTube channel, this is from a multi BILLION dollar media company...i'm nit picking here, the story looking real good at least, and people are already thirsting over Captain Carter online.
    Also Spoiler: that was shuma-gorath right? i don't know any other tentacle monsters in Marvel lore

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I was sadly disappointed with the first episode of What If...? I was enjoying the first few minutes, but then found myself getting bored as it went along. I'm not really feeling the animation, which doesn't help. It just didn't work for me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Not like I wasn't going to watch it but not I actually want​ to see it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I think it looks awesome. It has this calm dread feeling to it, but a lot of the shots here look gorgeous.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched the second What If... episode; so much better than the first (didn't feel as forced in the plot points or references).

vague spoiler: Ch-ch-ch-chia!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The 'watch Angelina slide around like she's got wheels on her knees' part was really disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Watched the second What If... episode; so much better than the first (didn't feel as forced in the plot points or references).

vague spoiler: Ch-ch-ch-chia!
    yeah, there was a definite "hey remember this scene watch how it's different" that was more subtle in the second episode. Like instead of putting the gravity well on the ground, he just holds onto it. And instead of attracting people to it, the energy explodes out.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I loved the first episode of What If, especially the animation style. ::shrugs::