Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 4163

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol at "huh Paul Rudd finally aged"

Saw this in front of Furiosa, they're doing a lot of advertising for this movie.

edit:

this interview of each other is pretty good and humble Ryan is kind of wild.

Last edited by allegate; 06-12-2024 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I read that all of the sleeveless Wolverine shots are actually Hugh with green sleeves on and they CG'd the skin. Apparently he's had some skin cancer scares so didn't want to make it worse by filming in long hot days.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It feels like they could not for the life of them settle on a tone for that

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm happy that this seems to have paranoid political thriller vibes similar to The Winter Soldier. I was hoping that Secret Invasion would be more like this. I'm pretty excited for the next few MCU movies, though! I absolutely cannot wait to see Deadpool & Wolverine! That movie feels like something special that we almost didn't get, kinda like when Spider-Man joined the MCU in Civil War.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Make of this what you will...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Deadpool 3 soundtrack - all the songs in Deadpool & Wolverine (digitalspy.com)

• The Platters – 'Only You (And You Alone)
    • *NSYNC – 'Bye Bye Bye'
    • Merrilee Rush & The Turnabouts – 'Angel of the Morning'
    • Stray Kids – 'Slash'
    • Fergie – 'Glamorous'
    • The Goo Goo Dolls – 'Iris'
    • Huey Lewis & The News – 'The Power of Love'
    • Waylon Jennings – 'I'm A Ramblin' Man'
    • Patsy Cline (featuring The Jordanaires) – 'You Belong to Me'
    • Chris de Burgh – 'The Lady in Red'
    • Avril Lavigne – 'I'm With You'
    • The Greatest Showman cast – 'The Greatest Show'
    • Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta – 'You're the One That I Want'
    • Jimmy Durante – 'I'll Be Seeing You'
    • Eric Carmen – 'Make Me Lose Control'
    • Aretha Franklin – 'You're All I Need to Get By'
    • Green Day – 'Good Riddance (Time of Your Life'
    • Rob Simonsen – 'LFG' (theme from Deadpool & Wolverine)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Make of this what you will...

Saw that earlier today and I REALLY hope it turns out to be true. Those guys directed 4 of my top 5 favorite MCU movies.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    New Deadpool & Wolverine trailer dropped, but oddly with a massive spoiler in it in the form of a character reveal. Less than a week to go. Interesting choice.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New Deadpool & Wolverine trailer dropped, but oddly with a massive spoiler in it in the form of a character reveal. Less than a week to go. Interesting choice.
    That's why I stopped watching after 2 trailers and a couple of TV spots. I started to get the feeling like I was seeing more than I really wanted to before the movie comes out. I don't need any convincing; I bought my tickets the morning they went on sale. At this point, I want to preserve a few surprises for when I'm sitting in the theater on Thursday night.

I still watch the vast majority of trailers for movies that I'm interested in, but I have really noticed an uptick in trailers that pretty much give the whole movie away. They've turned into 2-minute summary montages of the entire plot, rather than something that preserves some mystery and intrigue, just gives an impression and leaves you wanting to see what happens to the characters. A perfect recent example of this is Alien: Romulus – the first teaser trailer was perfect about establishing the atmosphere and vibe of the movie and made you want to see more, but the latest trailer feels like it covers all of the main plot beats of the movie (in chronological order even) and probably gives away too much (still looks awesome, though!).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I actually didn't think that character reveal was a surprise? Was it supposed to be? I was kinda expecting them to be in it lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And someone put it on Reddit and that sub doesn’t allow spoiler blurring.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Speaking of spoilers, they're errrwhere now, including a full blown synopsis on Reddit. Be warned.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I saw an article about Marvel/Disney doing a lot of fake stuff to throw off spoilers and it makes me wonder about that last trailer. That one Infinity War trailer had a lot of scenes that were not in the final film, and even the shot of the glove on Thanos was missing some stones because they didn't want to spoil when that scene was in the movie.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Back from Deadpool & Wolverine.

It was a blast. A dream come true. Go see it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man, they are going all out on the press tour for this thing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    they hosted the tonight show last night too. funny.

got my d&w tickets for Saturday. mildly excited, moreso because it's cool to see Jackman again. I don't care about the majority of MCU anymore so a lot of what it's supposed to tie into, I'll probably be lost, but that's fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of the better Marvel movies. But then again I liked Eternals and Thor 4, so what do I know?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I thought it didn't really live up to my excitement.

I loved the first two, and this wasn't really on the same level.

Spoiler: I think it probably didn't do as much for me because it was a Wolverine movie with Deadpool in it, rather than a Deadpool movie. And we've all seen Wolverine's character arch many times before.

I'm not a huge fan of the superhero movies, but I did love how Deadpool skewered the genre, and this didn't do that quite so much. Instead of making fun of the comic book movies, it felt like it was paying fan service to them. Which is fine if you watch comic book movies religiously, but I think I've only seen 4 or 5 of the non-Deadpool marvel movies to begin with. And they're fine I'll watch them without complaint, but I wouldn't seek any of them out.

I understand that Blade and Electra never really got added to the whole big universe, but it felt like I was supposed to be more excited about them being there than I was about what they did, or any of the jokes that were made about them or around them. X-Force worked well because it was hilarious that everyone died after the build-up. The team that helps him in this one didn't really feel like it had much in the way of comedic moments and they felt like they were there just to be there to make people who are fans of them get excited to see them.

I dunno, I guess this felt like the kind of movie that people who like to hunt for easter eggs and unexpected cameos are going to love, where that isn't really my thing.

All in all, it was fine, but it wasn't as good as either of the first two.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Certainly lack the heart of the other two Deadpool movies, and I think if they were going to lean heavy into the X-Men tribute or tribute to the bygone marvel movies they should have stuck harder to that lane. Instead we got half ass of both. But the cameos are definitely great on their own. Cassandra Nova also... Very very poorly adapted character. In the comics this is a really fucked up villain from one of the most popular runs, so it feels like a waste. Emma Corrin is good though. Matthew McFayden is great but still feels like he's wasted on that particular character

Spoiler: would have really liked to see more of the.... Actual X-Men... Cyclops, storm, magneto... And more New Mutants erasure in that credits tribute... Kind of a bummer all in all it was ok, probably overall dp 2 the better movie

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it much more than Deadpool 2. While it feels a bit half-assed and somewhat unnecessary as a major movie, it's a total fan fest, which is perfectly fine with me. I loved seeing Jackman in the role again, and many of the jokes landed better for me this time than in Deadpool 2 or even the first one.

There's pretty much zero story and motivation, but I loved most of the cameos, though I wish some other rumors had been true. On a personal note, I didn't like the song choices. Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad are on another level in terms of music; here, the songs didn't push the scenes forward in any way for me.

Overall, it was better than I expected and certainly one of the better recent Marvel movies.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Figuring out some feelings the morning after. I think basically this movie fails where No Way Home succeeded. The cameo features are definitely the best and most fun part of the movie, with the Deadpool and Wolverine parts being weaker for either character than they are in their previous appearances. But the cameos, though many of them are genuinely surprising and take up more screen time than I would have figured, are very hollow. The movie could have sacrificed its superfluous and somewhat boring third act to spend more time with these characters the way No Way Home did with Tobey and Andrew. Two or three in particular I feel like could have been treated a lot more like they matter. Even Pyro, who has a pretty great arc in the original X-Men trilogy... Would have been great to see him and the band of X-Men villains he is with explored like.... A lot more. Maybe even instead of having Cassandra Nova at all. Spoiler: I just really would have liked to see Blade especially expanded upon I love those movies. Great to hear him say the line though. Johnny storm too though! Should have been more of that.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-27-2024 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Saw reports and, wow, not on board with this at all. RDJ was iconic as Stark and his story arc was perfect. This isn't like Chris Evans going from Johnny Storm to Captain America after several years. Just idiotic IMO.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just saw that on Reddit, my jaw is agape. Just, how? How will they make this work? It's exactly what the fandom wanted - RDJ back and Dr Doom - but not like this?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    RDJ as doom is the worst call in the history of the mcu it's somehow Palpatone has returned all over again. Possibly time to replace Feige.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 07-27-2024 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I haven't cared about Marvel movies in years, but getting the right Dr. Doom could've been enough to pull me. Nope. I'm still out, lol.