Page 25 of 138 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got Ant Man on blu-ray for x-mas. it was even better the second time (though seeing it in the theater and hearing everyone crack up was pretty great the first time) and my wife really enjoyed it, too!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Looks pretty spot on.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    That cover does all sort of things to parts of my body that define me as female...

*can't stop staring*

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Jessica Jones kicked my ass, and it was good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Daredevil season 2 drops March 25th. Coincidentally, the same date as the BvS: Dawn of Justice movie. Sure it's not at the same level, but with the whole season dropping, and people destined to binge watch....Marvel trying to take a stab at DC that weekend? Speculation, sure...but verrrry interesting lol.

Looks like they changed the date for that very reason lol.

Last edited by october_midnight; 01-07-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Not an official confirmation but its close to being green-lit.
    If it does happen I'd like to see some Nick Fury somewhere in the story line.

Solo Series For THE PUNISHER Being Developed By Netflix
    http://peeltheorange.net/2016/01/16/...ed-by-netflix/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    sweeeeeeeet!

also, my friend/bandmate gave me the first issue of Alias Investigations for my birthday! excited and scared to read it, given its heaviness.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Agent Carter comes back tonight!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If there's one thing about Deadpool that's getting me the most excited, that's how much absolute fun Ryan Reynolds seems to be having with it. He really seems like he's having the time of his life and that enthusiasm is hard to not find infectious.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Most have probably seen it, but:

Pretty sure I saw them filming this scene (or one near it in the movie) when I was headed to a store with my wife. Had to cross the bridge you see in the background and could clearly see Reynolds, or his stuntman, in suit. Tried driving around to see if we could get a better vantage but couldn't haha...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    PRETTY SURE MY MOM'S TRYING
    TO GIVE DEADPOOL A HANDJOB

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Jon Bernthal Opens Up About His Version Of THE PUNISHER
    http://peeltheorange.net/2016/02/02/jon-bernthal-opens-up-about-his-version-of-the-punisher/

“I think this guy lives in a world of darkness that no other person in this universe can compare with. My goal here was to put myself in that darkness and bring that up and to never pull punches, to never do half measures, to never be apologetic, to never pursue likability at all, to be completely unapologetic at all times,” Bernthal explained. “This is a highly personal mission that this man is on and I think that this show and what they accomplished with last season, is a perfect, fertile ground to bring a character like that to life. It’s not a superhero show. It’s a human show.
    Yes this 1000%!!!
    He also mentioned that the Punisher MAX series was a heavy influence for him.
    It seems like finally we will see the Punisher portrayed they way he should be. (I did like Ray's and Jane's portrayal but it wasn't as spot on as it could be.)
    I want season 2 of Daredevil to be the final push for getting a standalone Punisher series.
    The possibilities of having Bullseye being the main bad guy and having crossover episodes with the Punisher and the Daredevil trying to take him down would make me so happy.

Here is the original article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/...devil-season-2
    Last edited by ziltoid; 02-03-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I know I've stated too many times by now how I'm not a huge fan of Marvel. Especially the films that seem to just be glorified action figure commercials besides the X-men films. I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse by repeating that shit, by now. However, I absolutely love these Netflix series and how they are kept, somewhat, grounded with a focus on the characters and storytelling. I loved Daredevil and, the more I hear, the more excited I get for this. I did love Jane's portrayal of Punisher and just wish for him to have another chance with a better director. My only gripe on Daredevil is the suit. Whatever, bring season 2 the fuck on!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Did anyone watch Agent Carter last night? Honestly, I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series where it played into the backstories of Peggy and Whitney Frost. Plus, I just love that moment where Jarvis says "Jarvelous". That made me laugh.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    I know I've stated too many times by now how I'm not a huge fan of Marvel. Especially the films that seem to just be glorified action figure commercials besides the X-men films. I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse by repeating that shit, by now. However, I absolutely love these Netflix series and how they are kept, somewhat, grounded with a focus on the characters and storytelling. I loved Daredevil and, the more I hear, the more excited I get for this. I did love Jane's portrayal of Punisher and just wish for him to have another chance with a better director. My only gripe on Daredevil is the suit. Whatever, bring season 2 the fuck on!
    Did you see Jessica Jones? Easily on par, imo, and without the mid-season lull Daredevil had.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Did anyone watch Agent Carter last night? Honestly, I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series where it played into the backstories of Peggy and Whitney Frost. Plus, I just love that moment where Jarvis says "Jarvelous". That made me laugh.
    Peggy and Whitney's backstory was just fascinating to watch.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    this season of Agent Carter has been fantastic so far. i was so into the first season and just absolutely thrilled when it got renewed, and i have not been disappointed. in a way, i wish the seasons were longer, but i think because they're so short, they make every episode really count. i'm really interested to see where they're going with the overall plot arc this season. oh, and i'm as in love with Dr. Wilkes as peggy is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Did you see Jessica Jones? Easily on par, imo, and without the mid-season lull Daredevil had.
    I did. I thought it was great. My wife seemed to have loved it, as well. I thought it was a little slow at some parts but I'd rather have that then mindless ADHD type action. I also like that, for JJ and DD, they seem to be putting the effort in to actually write an interesting villain. I actually sympathized with Fisk and felt quite uncomfortable every time Kilgrave was on screen. I really hope they continue this trend. To me, if you have a generic antagonist, then your story truly is not worth a damn.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Critics love Deadpool and give us 7 reasons why we should see it.

I'm so ready for this.

Oh and then there's this little thing:

Last edited by marodi; 02-07-2016 at 05:54 PM. Reason: #teamstucky

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Critics love Deadpool and give us 7 reasons why we should see it.

I'm so ready for this.

Oh and then there's this little thing:

Can't freaking wait. Nice little Ant-Man tease.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Splooge.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The look on Tony's face when Bucky shots him. Oh and VISION!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's a good year to be a nerd:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Still a little more nerding to be done tonight

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, that is the best commercial of the year. Ant-Man vs. Hulk over a Coke. 2nd goes to the Willem Dafoe/Marilyn Monroe Snickers commercial.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)