Page 60 of 138 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 4114

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'll be there opening night. The real opening night, though (I don't feel the need to see it on Thursday night like Infinity War).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'll be there opening night. The real opening night, though (I don't feel the need to see it on Thursday night like Infinity War).
    I'll be there on opening midweek night, but then again i don't have a life

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Hmm, that trailer gave it all a whole new twist. Yet I feel there's too many characters in this one. Let's see how it pans out but the action seems to be set up a notch which I like. More Deadpool slaying away is what I want to see.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Posted in the DC thread because durrrr, but now that I've got the right spot. Chris Evans confirmed he's done with Capt America after the Avengers movies.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think its a ruse. Why would he spoil infinity war? Unless he is surviving this movie, again, spoiling Infinity War.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I think its a ruse. Why would he spoil infinity war? Unless he is surviving this movie, again, spoiling Infinity War.
    characters can finish their arcs without dying

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Again, his contract is up (unless he has signed a new one).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm excite.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    black panther was fantastic. just so fun, and visually stunning. an incredibly powerful, fun, and ridiculously attractive cast.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    black panther was fantastic. just so fun, and visually stunning. an incredibly powerful, fun, and ridiculously attractive cast.
    also, i get why that girl broke her retainer looking at michael b. jordan in the movie. unghhhh

http://nymag.com/selectall/2018/03/g...k-panther.html

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I was chatting to a buddy this morning about this,
    we had thought this is how they could bring in the Captain America sleeper agent arc, as technically he won't be playing Captain America if they introduced it, but from what I've just read he is leaving tge franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's not unsurprising at all that Chris Evans would want to move on from his role as Captain America, and do so while it's still successful, maybe even at its peak. By the time the untitled Avengers 4 comes out, he will have appeared in 9 films as the character (3 solo movies, 4 Avengers movies, & cameos in 2 others) over the course of the past decade, which also happens to be the same number of times that Hugh Jackman played Wolverine (3 solo movies, 4 X-Men movies, & cameos in the 2 X-Men movies he didn't star in). Only Robert Downey Jr. will have reprised the same role more times (3 solo movies, 4 avengers movies, & cameos in 3 others, for a total of 10) in a franchise. I won't blame either actor for wanting to move onto more exciting roles (for them as actors) after playing the same character in 9 or 10 films over the course of 11 years. It's amazing that we've been able to have this much consistency in the MCU, really. So far, I believe only two of the major characters (Hulk and Rhodey) have had to be recast in such a massive franchise (18 films and counting) that has just hit its 10-year anniversary, which is extremely impressive, really.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    got tickets for a Friday matinee show. so what if I have to take off from work to see it. I work hard enough

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    about halfway through season 2 of jessica jones and i'm loving it. don't remember what the negatives people were lobbing at it were, but i think it's fantastic.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Groot! Language!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    LINK to the spoiler story

I'm so excited that Eyebrows is going to be in the films again. That's pretty cool. I mean, why not? He is an interesting character and I felt like the first Spoiler: Guardians movie kind of sold him short.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-28-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    psssst @allegate links aren't hidden by the spoiler tag, just change the text of the link

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    In other Marvel news from the Fox branch, X-men Dark Phoenix has been pushed back to Feb 2019 from it's November 2018 date (they need to do re-shoots and the A list cast are busy until September) and New Mutants has been pushed back again from Feb 2019 (now X-men's slot) to Aug 2019...

Considering New Mutants was a finished and ready to release film a month ago this is a major delay. Some reports are citing up-to 50% of the movie is going to be re-shot with new characters. Seeing as, again around a month ago, it was testing really well this is a bold move!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    psssst @allegate links aren't hidden by the spoiler tag, just change the text of the link
    Oh yeah. lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So...who's been reading about Donald Glover and Deadpool?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I also read this thread here: https://twitter.com/FilmCritHULK/sta...79147471990784 about the theory that it's not real.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I think the point of Glover's "I am not busy" shows that if he can throw together a script that quickly, he's not busy.

Also he throws some shade at the powers-that-be in more than one place so I'd say the odds of it being a "real" script is incredibly low.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    LINK to the spoiler story

I'm so excited that Eyebrows is going to be in the films again. That's pretty cool. I mean, why not? He is an interesting character and I felt like the first Spoiler: Guardians movie kind of sold him short.
    I wouldn't consider this a spoiler story since it's the official cast list. It's highly likely many of these folks appear in trailers and TV spots leading up to the movie so... I'd say it's fine to put it out there who is in the cast list.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    about halfway through season 2 of jessica jones and i'm loving it. don't remember what the negatives people were lobbing at it were, but i think it's fantastic.
    Watched the first three episodes and I like it. Less creepy than season one, but much more focused and with subplots that mare easy to follow and make sense (hopefully it doesn't get crammed with unnecessary side-quests later on). In many ways, it feels like a true season one, as it proves JJ can hold her own without having Luke Cage shoehorned in. And Carrie-Anne Moss finally gets to add some depth to Jeri Hogarth. Also, I like that it sort of ignores Defenders. The more I think about that POS... ugh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Carrie-Anne Moss finally gets to add some depth to Jeri Hogarth. Also, I like that it sort of ignores Defenders. The more I think about that POS... ugh.
    Shoehorned in? I felt his appearance was pretty gradual. I liked that there was more character development with Hogarth...but man, it felt almost pointless and didn't really go anywhere for me. I enjoyed this season for the most part, and JJ's mom was a big strong point for me seeing how they both interacted with each other once JJ got comfortable with her being around; very pleasing seeing them work together. But I couldn't help but want even more Killgrave when he appeared on the screen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Shoehorned in? I felt his appearance was pretty gradual. I liked that there was more character development with Hogarth...but man, it felt almost pointless and didn't really go anywhere for me. I enjoyed this season for the most part, and JJ's mom was a big strong point for me seeing how they both interacted with each other once JJ got comfortable with her being around; very pleasing seeing them work together. But I couldn't help but want even more Killgrave when he appeared on the screen.
    see, for me, i had a feeling killgrave was going to show up before he did given what she was going through, and as soon as he did, i almost puked. being haunted by the ghost of an abusive lover is something very real and very frightening (i still have nightmares regularly about my abusive ex and i haven't actually seen her in real life since 2011). so i was glad he didn't last long, but it was a very powerful appearance.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    see, for me, i had a feeling killgrave was going to show up before he did given what she was going through, and as soon as he did, i almost puked. being haunted by the ghost of an abusive lover is something very real and very frightening (i still have nightmares regularly about my abusive ex and i haven't actually seen her in real life since 2011). so i was glad he didn't last long, but it was a very powerful appearance.
    Sorry to hear that :/. I can see from your point of view and I totally agree. It's more of David Tennant's performance that I enjoy, not necessarily the character as a whole. I was really satisfied on how they fleshed out JJ and even Malcom for that matter.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Sorry to hear that :/. I can see from your point of view and I totally agree. It's more of David Tennant's performance that I enjoy, not necessarily the character as a whole. I was really satisfied on how they fleshed out JJ and even Malcom for that matter.
    oh, agreed, his performance is phenomenal.

also, i hate malcolm's new haircut. i found him so attractive until he did that, and now he just looks generic and boring. le sigh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    oh, agreed, his performance is phenomenal.

also, i hate malcolm's new haircut. i found him so attractive until he did that, and now he just looks generic and boring. le sigh.
    Hah! I had the same exact thought when I saw that. I'm straight and I even think he was a lot more attractive with his old hair.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished S2 of JJ and S1 of Runaways... I liked them both. Runaways seemed to rush the last couple of episodes (and teenagers as really poor impulse control people didn't quite seem to work for me... I get it, their pressures got greater and so they "couldn't control themselves" but still) and I am looking forward to a S2. And what to say about JJ... Not quite as tense S1 but a lot character building for those who made it through. What happened to J-Money... *low whistle* Daaamn.

And watching this weeks AoS... mmm, Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog reference.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-07-2018 at 06:55 AM.