Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How to capture audio/video streams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I understand how memory consumption works, hidownload indicates out of memory when I'm only using 31% of memory. Just wondering if I can keep things in queue for later download (after I close and reopen)?

Attachment 292
    It's clear that the problem doesn't reside on RAM resources. Mine crashed several times :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou for letting us know about Replay Video Catcher, I now have myself a fucking kickass copy of tonights show

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I'm missing the following 1080p chunks from tonight's broadcast. If anyone has them, please PM me:

8541-8570
    8858-8862
    9156-9160
    9463-9488
    i do have some of these, yes

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It looks like we're getting another go at this. Stream has started back up at the beginning again. I'm using Jaksta on my mac with success at the moment.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    i do have some of these, yes
    Currently upping 8858-9488 right here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o78dicw8sqsp899/blTBl2VYqO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    It looks like we're getting another go at this. Stream has started back up at the beginning again. I'm using Jaksta on my mac with success at the moment.
    I hope that works, man! Good luck! (but are you gonna go through it all of the streaming?)
    Gotta pack my things for a flight, otherwise I'd stay in here :/

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Does everybody knows QuickPar ? it's a VERY easy freeware that just test create and repair large numbers of files, it works like SFV with additional files to repair/recreate missing files, you see where i'm going there ? when anyone got the full list of chunks he can share PAR files to help any one else automatically.
    Note: this amazing tool is capable to check even files with other names, and rename them

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Currently upping 8858-9488 right here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o78dicw8sqsp899/blTBl2VYqO
    @TheBang your files are up, sorry my fucking smartphone didn't work so I miss the first 30mn of the show, and so your first request, but i did filled your three last request, please confirm us, that indeed numbers are the same for everyone, and we can actually share missing chunks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think that I have the whole file, but I need to watch it. I'll let you know in 1.5 hours.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    If anyone wants to upload their 1080 version to the RITC server, let me know via email and ill send you the FTP info. ryanj at reflectinginthechrome dot com.

Sorry I didn't capture it. I was there.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It may be useful to create a show with the numerical files, because that way we have a very easy way to check for missing parts, (not even usefull to watch it all), also the join job won't be live, it may produce a better and safe file. Unfortunaly i miss a large part, mainly i miss 8615-8763 if someone like to help.
    The show is going to air again in 3 or 4 hours, be warned all chunck numbers will be different, and probably not even cut the same way : also, I won't have the same speed in france than in plain night, don't count on me this time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was watching the file because replay media catcher just dumped everything in one file, so I don't have section numbers. I have 99.99% of the show. There's less than a 1 second skip around 4:33 into Find My Way if you start counting at the end "play something new". Is that something that can be fixed with QuickPar? I'm not familiar with file fixing utilities.

I'll give it another shot at 5:30am PDT; QOTSA went on at 1:54am and NIN started roughly 3 hours 45 minutes after that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    I was watching the file because replay media catcher just dumped everything in one file, so I don't have section numbers. I have 99.99% of the show. There's less than a 1 second skip around 4:33 into Find My Way if you start counting at the end "play something new". Is that something that can be fixed with QuickPar? I'm not familiar with file fixing utilities.
    I'll give it another shot at 5:30am PDT; QOTSA went on at 1:54am and NIN started roughly 3 hours 45 minutes after that.
    No it cannot, this solution cannot be used, apparently internal header are different, however, files seems to be exchangable. However I may have Find my way perfect, and there's some tool who can easily cut and join a file, i'm in the process of watching my own large file (my replay media catcher saved both) it take time just to remux the file, files doesnt' seems to be Mpeg2 as pretend replay media catcher

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Wait a minute, there's something very odd : looks like the main mpeg file is actually a real mpeg2+mp2 file ! however all chunks are real AVC+AAC file ??? obviously the MP4 version should be better ?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hmm. Now that I'm looking at my file, the video is 1080p, but the audio is 128 kbps mp3... and I don't know why.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Hmm. Now that I'm looking at my file, the video is 1080p, but the audio is 128 kbps mp3... and I don't know why.
    Right, it's 128kbps, mp2 is really close to mp3, so vlc is saying MPega layer 1,2,3 but it's mp2 according to other tools

My "Find my way" version is perfect at the spot you mentionned, i have the tools able to mix both files lossless, but ... why work in mpeg2 when we have a mpeg4 ?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Right, it's 128kbps, mp2 is really close to mp3, so vlc is saying MPega layer 1,2,3 but it's mp2 according to other tools

My "Find my way" version is perfect at the spot you mentionned, i have the tools able to mix both files lossless, but ... why work in mpeg2 when we have a mpeg4 ?
    Now I'm really confused. What is the mpeg4 file? The ts sections?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Now I'm really confused. What is the mpeg4 file? The ts sections?
    Yes they are in MPEG4, i'd like to have an Answer from @TheBang it should have it full now

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'm really not sure about this, looks at what is showing Tmpgenc

Yes i (perfectly) captured two different stream in full hd. MP4 should be better than MP2 BUT 1) There is less bitrate 2) It looks like a usual USA TV format, what if the mp4 is just a dirty converted live video ?
    I really can't say wich version is better.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Thank you @ninjaw , your chunks slot in perfectly, so it's good to know that recorders can swap chunks like that. I found a few more corrupt ones (HiDownload can apparently corrupt a few of the chunks just prior to its Out of Memory issues). Can I please get the following from you, ninjaw?

9153-9155

I'm also still looking for the following chunks:

8536 - 8556

Just for information, the full NIN show is chunks 8330 - 9508.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, regarding Replay Media Catcher, I'm pretty sure that it's transcoding. I got the same thing from it, MPEG-2 video with MP2 audio. Having MPEG-2 elementary streams is not part of the HLS specification, it's not compatible with other HLS clients, and it's terribly inefficient for streaming, compared to MPEG-4. The only conclusion I can come to is that Replay Media Catcher is transcoding it for some reason, and that makes it worthless.

The chunked TS files are what we want. The 1080p stream has an H.264 video stream that runs at about 3-5 Mbps, and an AAC audio stream at about 256 Kbps. If anything is released that is other than these specifications, then it's been transcoded, and is inferior to the direct stream dump.

TS is MPEG-2 Transport Stream (see above HLS specification), but the elementary streams it contains are H.264 video and AAC audio. To assemble the TS files, it's really as easy as simply concatenating all the files together. Once you have the full file, you can rewrapper it into something more standard like an MPEG-4 container or MKV.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Thank you @ninjaw , your chunks slot in perfectly, so it's good to know that recorders can swap chunks like that. I found a few more corrupt ones (HiDownload can apparently corrupt a few of the chunks just prior to its Out of Memory issues). Can I please get the following from you, ninjaw?

9153-9155

I'm also still looking for the following chunks:

8536 - 8556

Just for information, the full NIN show is chunks 8330 - 9508.
    Actually there is full credits in 9508-9543 they can be nice too
    YOUR FILES ARE UP !

I did receive 500Mo of chunks from the start, unfortunally this doesn't include 8536 - 8556

I myself need : 8615-8763
    9088 9388 9389 9427 (and lot more from the start)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So, regarding Replay Media Catcher, I'm pretty sure that it's transcoding. I got the same thing from it, MPEG-2 video with MP2 audio. Having MPEG-2 elementary streams is not part of the HLS specification, it's not compatible with other HLS clients, and it's terribly inefficient for streaming, compared to MPEG-4. The only conclusion I can come to is that Replay Media Catcher is transcoding it for some reason, and that makes it worthless.

The chunked TS files are what we want. The 1080p stream has an H.264 video stream that runs at about 3-5 Mbps, and an AAC audio stream at about 256 Kbps. If anything is released that is other than these specifications, then it's been transcoded, and is inferior to the direct stream dump.

TS is MPEG-2 Transport Stream (see above HLS specification), but the elementary streams it contains are H.264 video and AAC audio. To assemble the TS files, it's really as easy as simply concatenating all the files together. Once you have the full file, you can rewrapper it into something more standard like an MPEG-4 container or MKV.
    You may be right, i'm voting for recombine those chunks, mainly because this new way of rip allow to be sure of the result quality

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I figured out how to rip the stream with vlc from the command line; it will regenerate the m3u8 automatically. I'll give that a shot for the next round since Replay Media Catcher was transcoding, which pisses me off. Why transcode instead of just dumping the file? Especially because mp2 is a larger file size.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Shit my 9388 looks bad too, and btw : i cannot do anything with my mpeg2 file it seems to be some corruption at some point

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Actually there is full credits in 9508-9543 they can be nice too
    I stopped before that, because I had to catch my bus. I'll see if I can get it on the rebroadcast.

I myself need : 8615-8763 9088 9388 9389 9427 (and lot more from the start)
    Your 9388 is corrupt also? Sounds like it might have been an encoder drop at the Lollapalooza source then.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I figured out how to rip the stream with vlc from the command line; it will regenerate the m3u8 automatically. I'll give that a shot for the next round since Replay Media Catcher was transcoding, which pisses me off. Why transcode instead of just dumping the file? Especially because mp2 is a larger file size.
    actually there's no reason why your version would not save "mp3/TS" chunks ? even replay media catcher 4 was doing that without mp2, are you sure ti have activated everything needed ? Also : I still have for now a good connection, i'll try to capture again

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I figured out how to rip the stream with vlc from the command line; it will regenerate the m3u8 automatically.
    Can you give the step-by-step instructions for that, please? I had trouble figuring out how to do that with VLC.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I stopped before that, because I had to catch my bus. I'll see if I can get it on the rebroadcast.
    Oh, I'm upping them with your other request so.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just a reminder. Stream still going on its second run through and Band of Horses just finished up. That puts NIN set about 1 and a half hours from now. Jaksta crashed while I was sleeping and as a result I lost some chunks (regrettably while QOTSA was on), but I'll shut it down and start fresh before the big show. I'm grabbing 1080p chunks.