Thread: Android

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm loving the Galaxy SIII. It's my first ever smartphone so I've got nothing to compare it to, but I know I made the right choice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I'm loving the Galaxy SIII. It's my first ever smartphone so I've got nothing to compare it to, but I know I made the right choice.
    The S3 is my third smartphone. My first was a Blackberry which was nice when I got it , but I quickly realized just how behind RIM were. They're almost nonexistent now. My second was a HTC Hero which I got late in the model's lifetime. Near the end of my time with the phone it was really dragging, but it was an awesome little device. I don't hate Apple, besides the iPhone I wish I had a lot of their products. I just find them overpriced and their fanboys annoying. I don't really have company loyalty I just want what best for me. In the end for me it came down to the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the S3. I wanted Jelly Bean and the EVO is a Sprint exclusive phone like my last phone was. Meaning Sprint and HTC will update it when they feel like it, whereas the S3 is on multiple carriers. On Sprint all firmware updates must go through and be approved them! The fact that AT&T and Verizon also have the S3 to me meant that Sprint had better make sure our Jelly Bean update had better not lag too far behind theirs. I thinkl I made the right decision.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    The S3 is my third smartphone. My first was a Blackberry which was nice when I got it , but I quickly realized just how behind RIM were. They're almost nonexistent now. My second was a HTC Hero which I got late in the model's lifetime. Near the end of my time with the phone it was really dragging, but it was an awesome little device. I don't hate Apple, besides the iPhone I wish I had a lot of their products. I just find them overpriced and their fanboys annoying. I don't really have company loyalty I just want what best for me. In the end for me it came down to the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the S3. I wanted Jelly Bean and the EVO is a Sprint exclusive phone like my last phone was. Meaning Sprint and HTC will update it when they feel like it, whereas the S3 is on multiple carriers. On Sprint all firmware updates must go through and be approved them! The fact that AT&T and Verizon also have the S3 to me meant that Sprint had better make sure our Jelly Bean update had better not lag too far behind theirs. I thinkl I made the right decision.
    Funny enough, I'm pretty sure Sprint pushed the S3 JB update before any other carriers.