Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I originally thought Todd was an undercover. He asked so many questions. There's certainly more to him than we've seen.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with this, but can you give me some examples of this?
    Spiderman 3
    pirates of the Carribean 3
    X men 3
    The Matrix 3
    Lost

I realize none of these series are exactly top notch, but these came off the top of my head... i dont watch a ton of tv, but pirates of the carribean is one series i can think of that held up well until its third installment, where they just kept adding more and more shit instead of wrapping up what they already had.

Lost had this issue pretty often. I think the writers MUST have been forced to add new characters every season. It was aleays a stretch to get more people onto that island, and the more often it happened the more farfetched it seemed. In the last season they added that wierd chinese pirate guy, which just made it more difficult for the show to pay off, since they had more shit to address. For some reason, both of those examples include a chinese pirate.... who knew?

Anyway you can see the problem is that hy attempting to make a new character interesting and give him depth during am ending portion, you have to devote time to him that would otherwise be given to the characters and conflicts the audience would otherwise be invested in.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I probably should have specified television (sans Lost which I haven't seen), as I know it's usually what brings movies down. Some people have said it was what brought The Wire's last season down.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I dont watch a lot of tv, and an even smaller portion if that is serialized. But you can imagine the disappointment if they dropped the strong character development and challenging relationships in order to focus on walt dealing with this random dude forthe last 8 episodes.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I don't think Todd will be "the danger" so to speak, but he'll definitely play a part in what brings Walt to that moment in the cold opening from the first episode.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Oh, i wasnt talking about todd, but theyve played him pretty well to this point. I was talking about that rival crew walt is going to work with.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ah. It's on them not to fuck the ending up, but given their track record so far I'm not going to sweat it.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    Spoiler: I think that Walt shooting Mike for names he could have gotten elsewhere prove that Walt is no longer the thinking man he use to be or the cold calculating man he seems to have become. He flow off the handle and did something rash out of anger without thinking about why or what the consequence would be. He had the entire drive to meet Mike to think about how to get the names and he still did not think it through. He let his animosity toward Mike cloud his judgement. I don't think this will be the last time either.
    Spoiler: Which was EXACTLY what happened to Gus, and it was his downfall.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    End of series prediction:

Full circle 'n' all that good TV shit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Mike deserved better than that, I don't think a single part of me is rooting for Walt anymore.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He's become a monster. But at the same time, he's still really entertaining. Not rooting for him. But I'm waiting for his support system to collapse and everything fall apart. He's going to suffer a bad end. And it'll be well deserved.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sukey View Post
    Of course it will. And by that point we'll all have forgotten it ever happened, until suddenly everything makes sense. Such is the brilliance of Breaking Bad.

Also, I'm so sad there's only one more ep before the break. With True Blood and Game of Thrones both finished too I have no TV on the go. Might have to start Mad Men?
    well theres the walking dead, at least thats what Im looking forward to. But I hear its also having a split season of 8 and 8

I am at the point where Im starting to hope Hank figures this out.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    All of my money is on Hank finding out in the next episode. The time is perfect for pacing. Much later and we lose out on what could otherwise be the best part of the series.

Its also the sort of cliffhanger we couldn't resist. I'll probably feel like strangling somebody when it really sets in we have to wait another fucking eyar for this.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's way off topic, but in case anyone hasn't seen it, there's a post o AMC's site detailing every non-soundtrack song they use in the show. At the bottom of this post, they have links to the other three seasons.

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...-from-brea.php

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    well theres the walking dead, at least thats what Im looking forward to. But I hear its also having a split season of 8 and 8

I am at the point where Im starting to hope Hank figures this out.
    Think Walking Dead split their last season. It wasn't a year apart though. Like, a few months.

And Hank HAS to catch Walt. Just has to. Can't see it not happening Sunday.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I've said since the beginning of the season that Hank figuring it out would be the ultimate cliffhanger to end on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I had a little dose of instant karma last night.

A friend and I have been watching season 4 over Netflix together over the last couple days, and we were ready for the finale yesterday. I had to leave for a film rally/BBQ/guest speaker thing that the film department put together, so we decided to just finish it after that. I get there, and it turns out the guest speaker is Bruce Branit, one of the VFX guys who's worked on the show. I talked to a few of the people at the internship tables and the film club tables, got some food, and just sat down waiting for the presentation to start. What'd I decide to do to pass time? I decided I'd watch the first part of the season 4 finale on my iPod, thinking "Eh, my friend won't be too mad about it, I'll only watch like, 10 minutes of it." Now, word was going around that part of his presentation was gonna include a spoiler from some point in season 4. Naturally, I was thinking "Alright, I've seen almost all of season 4, so I should be good."

Anyway, the presentation started, and eventually, the guy gets to some of his Breaking Bad stuff. He showed us breakdown reels of Walter hitting the two gangsters with his Aztec, walking everyone through the process of how they put that together. And theeeen he got to the "big spoiler." He had a breakdown reel for the season 4 climax, which I hadn't seen just yet - So I got to see Gus in aaall his glory, just before getting to that point in the show. :P I mean, I'd already heard about what happened to him, but I didn't know any details, and certainly didn't know how it'd look. I called my friend afterwards to tell her what happened (without telling her any details), and she had to rub it in my face. "That's what you get for trying to watch ahead without me!" We finished the finale last night, so now I'm all ready to watch season 5 and get caught up with everyone without having to dodge spoilers!

But it WAS really cool seeing how all of that happened, though. The guy's also done a lot of work with Fringe, Alcatraz, Revolution, Lost, and a whole lot of things that aren't from J.J. Abrams, heh. So we got to see all of his reels from that, and some independent stuff, like 405 and World Builder.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^The opening scene of season five is probably my favorite scene of the season so far. And the first episode is still my favorite of the season (though I know I'm alone in that). You're in for a treat.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^The opening scene of season five is probably my favorite scene of the season so far. And the first episode is still my favorite of the season (though I know I'm alone in that). You're in for a treat.
    The first episode IS really awesome. I love seeing the huge transformation Walt's made over time. Walt in the first episode of season 5 is completely different from Walt at ANY other point in the show.

In terms or favorite episode eeever, I think my vote goes to the second-to-last episode of season 4. I've never had so many jaw-drop moments while watching any show as I did in that particular episode. :P

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    The first episode IS really awesome. I love seeing the huge transformation Walt's made over time. Walt in the first episode of season 5 is completely different from Walt at ANY other point in the show.

In terms or favorite episode eeever, I think my vote goes to the second-to-last episode of season 4. I've never had so many jaw-drop moments while watching any show as I did in that particular episode. :P
    Actually, I thought that in the opening scene of season 5 he was more like Pilot-episode Walt, like he's been out of the game and trying to get a normal life started going again, until something brought him back to ABQ with a mother fucking M60.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm finally caught up on this show. Sweet Christ. One more episode this Sunday, and the Breaking Bad drought begins, after cramming the entire series into three weeks. D:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    tooooniiiights the niiiiiight. toniiiiiights the ni i i ight.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    tooooniiiights the niiiiiight. toniiiiiights the ni i i ight.
    I'm so pissed. My cable box hasn't worked since I moved in and hooked it up. I took it to the provider's office today, and the lady took care of the problem for me...or so we thought. I got home, and the thing still wouldn't work, o now I gotta wait to download the thing afterwards. I just hope it has a quick turnover onto the net. :P

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh snapppp!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Now for the chase. Should be a great 8 more episodes next summer!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Some great montages in this last episode.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What a lame way to catch on. Next year should definitely be interesting. Maybe Hank will end up not knowing for sure? I dunno. He doesn't really have anything to back it up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It is time.
    WALTER WHITE
    vs. HANK SCHRADER.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The whole last part, I kept expecting something to explode, or someone to get shot, or just something violent to happen.

No way all those folks making money off Walts business just allow him to stop whenever he feels like it.

But seriously, that was terrifying. How is Hank going to sell this to the rest of the DEA? Why do we have to wait until next summer goddammit!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hank might not even do anything. Can't prove anything. All I can see him doing is following Walt around and keeping it under his hat until Walt slips up somewhere along the way. That storage container full of money perhaps? Makes some sense when Walt asked the guy ib the beginning if the meth was leaving the country. Now we know it has something to do with the Czechs. But yeah, you don't just get out of the game that easily. Maybe Lydia will sent someone to try killing him as well. Who knows?