Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Is it me, or does it seem like the money in the storage unit would be way more than would fit in those oil drums?

Well it was about a palette full of cash, into 6 oil barrels. I'd say that's about the same.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Is it me, or does it seem like the money in the storage unit would be way more than would fit in those oil drums?
    Walt did say "Close enough." when inspecting the barrels.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    And anyway, how on earth did Walt think that the smartest choice was to go and bury all of his money in the sand like he's some kinda pirate or something? Is there even a slight chance of that not turning out to be a complete disaster?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    better than a storage locker and should anything happen to him Skyler could go out there and get the money a little bit at a time to launder it. That's definitely not going to happen though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Eh, I think like many choices it was poorly motivated. I really didn't like this one. I guess I'm alone in that though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    most likely it was just the first thing that came to mind and they ran with it because they didn't have time for fucking around or waiting for Skyler

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder how many people went out and bought lottery tickets in New Mexico with those coordinates as their numbers?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Aaryan brotherhood and Todd are scary, Skyler needs to get on plane and leave the country asap, she's fucked everything up.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe she'll go to Belize...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ANyone else feels that the whole "well I have no evidence against Walt, HEY here's Jesse. Maybe I will talk to him" thing a little tooo convenient?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I hope not.

I know its sappy but the only thing I want out of the end of this show is for Jesse to be okay, but I don't think it is likely.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    I hope not.

I know its sappy but the only thing I want out of the end of this show is for Jesse to be okay, but I don't think it is likely.
    I don't think they will. Vince stated previously that Jesse is the heart of the show. I can't see them going down a road that bleak. Plus I have money riding on the hope that he survives.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I got this constant nagging voice in the back of my head reminding me of how Skyler took Walts money to pay for hanks treatment in the hospital and rehab. Won't the DEA find that link between Walt and Hank if they go through his financials? Wouldn't that mean everything hank uncovers about Walt would be compromised?

Could this be Walt's trump card over hank, would it not make him involved with at least Walt laundering drug money?
    Last edited by ziltoid; 08-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^And Hank being the dumb ass that he is cares more about his pride than the fact that he's officially an accomplice now. Dumb ass.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My guess is that Hank is so furious, that he hasn't even thought about it. At least not yet anyway.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    But why would Hank be an accomplice just because Walt and Skylar paid for his treatment? He had no idea it was drug money at the time. I don't think he'd be going to jail or anything, that would make absolutely no sense. I think it's more that it would be additional humiliation: "The drug lord I've been chasing this whole time is my own brother-in-law, in fact he paid for my treatment with his drug money."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    But why would Hank be an accomplice just because Walt and Skylar paid for his treatment? He had no idea it was drug money at the time. I don't think he'd be going to jail or anything, that would make absolutely no sense. I think it's more that it would be additional humiliation: "The drug lord I've been chasing this whole time is my own brother-in-law, in fact he paid for my treatment with his drug money."
    I didn't mean that he would be an accomplice but maybe Hanks investigation would be hindered by the fact that Walt paid for his treatment. Maybe Saul could undermine Hank legally if they tried him in court or arrested Walt.

What I'm trying to get at is, with what we know, could Hanks investigation be tainted because of Walt paying for his treatment?

Edit:
    Walt, Skyler, and Marie are the only ones that know. Hank is in the dark about Walt paying for the treatment.
    I could see Marie telling Hank, and Hank going apeshit over it.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 08-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really like that Todd is taking a greater role than I expected. As someone else stated, his sociopathic behavior, coupled with that odd courteous manner, is unnerving. He's like a machine and it's interesting seeing him paired with Lydia, who seems like a nervous, somewhat uncontrolled wildcard who is out of her element (she can set-up a mass killing, yet, refuses to see the dead bodies). I am curious to see who is revealed to be her "boss," assuming there is one. I like the build-up, so far.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It probably won't be explored, but I would bet the house that Todd was the product of an abusive childhood. Can't put my finger on why, but it's what is apparent to me from what I've seen of his character so far.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I was saying Hank would be an accomplice now because he officially knows its Walt and isn't bringing it to the force. If they find out things before he does/ find out he didn't say anything yet AND then find the trail leading back to his treatment payments hes fucked beyond belief.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And the medical bills come up. I think he's fucked one way or another. But i'm guessing this is where Jesse changes sides?

Edit:

I'm kinda lost... The cigarette he was lighting up in the office was risin? How does that lead to him figuring out that Walt poisoned the kid and so on?
    Last edited by Piko; 08-25-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    And the medical bills come up. I think he's fucked one way or another. But i'm guessing this is where Jesse changes sides?

Edit:

I'm kinda lost... The cigarette he was lighting up in the office was risin? How does that lead to him figuring out that Walt poisoned the kid and so on?
    I was right about the medical bills .

Jesse has his suspicions about Walt killing Mike and knows that Walter has/is manipulating him before.

Walt's reaction to telling him to kill him and be done with covering his ass shows how he can control Jesse emotionally.

While Jesse is waiting to get picked up you can see in his face how he is thinking about past events and figures out how Walt has manipulated him before about the risin in the cigarette.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I was right about the medical bills .

Jesse has his suspicions about Walt killing Mike and knows that Walter has/is manipulating him before.

Walt's reaction to telling him to kill him and be done with covering his ass shows how he can control Jesse emotionally.

While Jesse is waiting to get picked up you can see in his face how he is thinking about past events and figures out how Walt has manipulated him before about the risin in the cigarette.
    I'm gonna have to rewatch season four. Because the stuff with the ricin cigarette is kinda blurred for me. I remember the major points of it, but yeah... And what about that "confession"?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well snap, crackle n pop! That was great. All major parties were involved and shit is starting to hit the fan again. Based on the preview, Jesse obviously doesn't burn anything, so I wonder who or what stops him.

This week to week thing is killing me.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 08-25-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Well snap, crackle n pop! That was great. All major parties were involved and shit is starting to hit the fan again. Based on the preview, Jesse obviously doesn't burn anything, so I wonder who or what stops him.

This week to week thing is killing me.
    My guess is Walt Jr.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My guess is Walt Jr.
    Or he sees Holly. You know how Jesse has a soft spot for younger kids. But either way, you know it'll be something we're not fully going to expect. I know I was flipping every kind of shit when we found out about the "confession." I don't think a show's given me whiplash this bad before, it jerks me around so much. FUCK.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would greatly appreciate a clear explanation of all ricin, cigarette and kid links as this plot point keeps coming up and it's hard to keep track of. Cup and ball games, man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I would greatly appreciate a clear explanation of all ricin, cigarette and kid links as this plot point keeps coming up and it's hard to keep track of. Cup and ball games, man.
    Jesse initially thought he lost the ricin. He thought he lost the ricin and Brock found it and got sick. He blamed himself for Brock getting sick. It turned out to be lilly of the valley, but still, Jesse knew the ricin he kept in his cigarette pack was gone. Cut to now, he reaches in his pocket for the bag of joints and they're not there. Jesse realizes that Huell must have lifted it, which means that Saul told him to.... so what else could Huell have lifted from him? Jesse realized that he never lost the ricin at all, that it was taken from him.