Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Apparently there's a new 2-3 minute sneak peek from the premier, but it's only available on the US iTunes store...

*edit*

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^If that isn't an "oh, shit!" moment then I don't know what is.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^If that isn't an "oh, shit!" moment then I don't know what is.
    I think this might qualify.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    There are basically two major conflicts that I'm hoping to see blowing up this season:

-- Walt vs. Jessie: I mean, hasn't the whole series been moving towards this from day one? It feels like it's inevitable that their relationship will eventually break down and they'll become enemies, especially with all the stuff that Walt has done but Jessie doesn't know about yet.

-- Walt vs. Hank: I mean, this is probably the thing that I'm most excited about. I've been waiting for this forever and from the looks of the teasers, I think it's finally gonna start happening. Every time I think about the two of them confronting each other, I have to change my pants.

In addition, I'm hoping for some major destruction in Walt's life. I hope that doesn't sound blood thirsty or something, but really, things should start getting hardcore. It's the only thing that makes sense. He's been able to maintain a semi-decent amount of stability and pretend to live a normal life, but it seems like it's only a matter of time before something really horrible happens, like one of his kids gets killed or something like that. Nobody runs a drug empire without experiencing some pretty major sacrifices.

I have high expectations for this season. I'm looking forward to this more than any movie or album or anything. I'm hoping for a pretty mind-blowing conclusion that leaves me destroyed.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    *Spoilers if you are not completely caught up and/or you don't want to know anything about season five.*

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I think this might qualify.
    I swear to God, I clicked that picture and at first I was like, Spoiler: "Yeah...so Hank's walking again, so what? We saw that in the clip." Then I looked around at the room he was in and I was like, "Wait a second...where is he?" Then, a couple seconds later, it clicked and I yelled "HOLY SHIT!" so loud I startled the person in the next room. Yes. That is a holy shit moment if there ever was one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Still trying to figure out where that is. Looks familiar, but I can't place my finger on it...

Edit - Spoiler: NM. I looked at the clock and figured it out
    Last edited by Piko; 07-11-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Season six? Really?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Season six? Really?
    Yeah WTF. I thought Season 5 was just being split up. I didn't know they were considering it two seasons. Pointless. Just air the fifth season all at once.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Well the way they split it up, it was ridiculous to consider them both to be season 5. the word season would lose all meaning. it essentially is two seasons, so all they're really doing is being honest and calling it what it is.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, seperate seasons means more in dvd $ales.

Hope it comes down to walt and hank. Theyve been putting it off for too long, and that makes a clean climax.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    maybe the final episode could be a mexican standoff between walt, jessie and hank. and then they all shoot each other at the exact same time and everyone dies together while ennio morricone plays.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I dont know that i want to see a rivalry with Jesse. I feel like they tried to go there already and it didnt work so well. I especially am kind of tired of the off/on thing jesse has with Meth. I recognize that its realistic, but it gets kind of tiresome and predictable.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Well the way they split it up, it was ridiculous to consider them both to be season 5. the word season would lose all meaning. it essentially is two seasons, so all they're really doing is being honest and calling it what it is.
    Well, it seems like they're pulling a Sopranos and Nip/Tuck move. Air half of the season now, call it part one, release the DVDs, then air part two. Sucks, because the entire season seems completely finished, but they want to drag this out for another year (in other words, AMC wants to capitalize on it as much as they.can before it all comes to an end) . Oh well... I'll consider them two seasons. Just sucks to wait another year for the other half that's just sitting around.

But.I'd imagine since it's split into two parts, they'll technically be mini-seasons anyway. I figure Hank will catch onto Walt at the end of the first half. Then the aftermath in the second half.
    Last edited by Piko; 07-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    For some reason the fact that they're now calling it two seasons makes the year wait a little easier for me to stomach. Still blows, but it's better to call it season 6 than "the last 8 episodes of season 5 that we waited a fucking year to air"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I kinda wonder if the first half is Walt VS Hank, and end with Walt killing Hank. Then the final part could be about Skylar handling the knowledge that Walt killed her brother, and possibly trying to take him down herself. Or someone else kills Hank but Skylar thinks it's Walt anyways.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, it seems like they're pulling a Sopranos and Nip/Tuck move. Air half of the season now, call it part one, release the DVDs, then air part two. Sucks, because the entire season seems completely finished, but they want to drag this out for another year (in other words, AMC wants to capitalize on it as much as they.can before it all comes to an end) . Oh well... I'll consider them two seasons. Just sucks to wait another year for the other half that's just sitting around.
    They're not all done yet. They don't start shooting the second half of the season (or season six or whatever the hell they end up calling it) until November.

But.I'd imagine since it's split into two parts, they'll technically be mini-seasons anyway. I figure Hank will catch onto Walt at the end of the first half. Then the aftermath in the second half.
    That's the way I see it going, too. But every time I've tried to predict this show I've been dead wrong, so...who knows?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Theruiner is correct. Read them dang interviews and such before raging.

Also did everyone forget about the funding fiasco that decided that the season would be split into two 8 episode parts? AMC wanted to cut funding on Season 5 and have it be less episodes than the normal 13 and then the show is done. They negotiated it into two 8 episode seasons instead.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Vince Gilligan says there might be a Saul Goodman spin-off

That, um...hmmm. I don't know about that. Seems like that's a bit overboard. Then again, I love Saul, so...yeah, actually, I still think it's a bad idea.

Of course, that's on top of the potential movie Cranston hinted at (that probably will never happen).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Theruiner is correct. Read them dang interviews and such before raging.

Also did everyone forget about the funding fiasco that decided that the season would be split into two 8 episode parts? AMC wanted to cut funding on Season 5 and have it be less episodes than the normal 13 and then the show is done. They negotiated it into two 8 episode seasons instead.
    That, I could understand, considersiding everything that happened between AMC and Mad Men. Either AMC's struggling (they shouldn't be), or they're getting greedy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That, I could understand, considersiding everything that happened between AMC and Mad Men. Either AMC's struggling (they shouldn't be), or they're getting greedy.

Well Dircetv just dropped AMC so I imagine the channel itself(not the amazing shows) is suffering.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    the first episode will stream live on AMC.com yay I will get to see it without torrenting it!

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/pulled-from-dish-network-amc-will-stream-breaking-bad-for-viewers/

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The A.V. Club interviews Aaron Paul; says fifth season will be a "bloodbath."

Edit:

More goodness.

Dave from the Slash Filmcast has started a Breaking Bad podcast. Can't wait.

Also, yet another article on the show, this one talking about how it's one of the best shows ever. I have no idea if there are spoilers for past seasons in there or not since I haven't read it yet, so...be careful if you're not totally caught up.
    Last edited by theruiner; 07-13-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Well Dircetv just dropped AMC so I imagine the channel itself(not the amazing shows) is suffering.
    You about gave me a heart attack when I read that statement! I checked and directv still has AMC. Don't know where you're getting that info. They dropped a lot of channels but not AMC.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think you guys might be referring to dish network. I remember seeing commercials pleading for people to call them to keep AMC on the network.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Dish dropped AMC, Direct dropped ALL of the Viacom channels.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Jesse call more people bitch this season.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I am too drunk to fully comprehend the full scope of how awesome that is. However, I came 8 times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I am too drunk to fully comprehend the full scope of how awesome that is. However, I came 8 times.
    Damn I only came once. The Fleetwood Mac song was a nice touch. Can't wait!