Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The one thing thats creeping up that im kind of cautious about is that other crew. Many endings have died by last minute character introducrions. Those can be very tough to pull off cleanly. In light of the fact that Hank is almost certainly going to figure walter out in the next episode, introducing another villain like character at this time kind of worries me... i dont want it to distract from whats really important...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The one thing thats creeping up that im kind of cautious about is that other crew. Many endings have died by last minute character introducrions. Those can be very tough to pull off cleanly. In light of the fact that Hank is almost certainly going to figure walter out in the next episode, introducing another villain like character at this time kind of worries me... i dont want it to distract from whats really important...
    I'm not disagreeing with this, but can you give me some examples of this?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with this, but can you give me some examples of this?
    Spiderman 3
    pirates of the Carribean 3
    X men 3
    The Matrix 3
    Lost

I realize none of these series are exactly top notch, but these came off the top of my head... i dont watch a ton of tv, but pirates of the carribean is one series i can think of that held up well until its third installment, where they just kept adding more and more shit instead of wrapping up what they already had.

Lost had this issue pretty often. I think the writers MUST have been forced to add new characters every season. It was aleays a stretch to get more people onto that island, and the more often it happened the more farfetched it seemed. In the last season they added that wierd chinese pirate guy, which just made it more difficult for the show to pay off, since they had more shit to address. For some reason, both of those examples include a chinese pirate.... who knew?

Anyway you can see the problem is that hy attempting to make a new character interesting and give him depth during am ending portion, you have to devote time to him that would otherwise be given to the characters and conflicts the audience would otherwise be invested in.