Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 2,161 to 2,172 of 2172

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I held off on watching this as GOT got kinda wack towards the end. I must say the first season trimmed off the nonsense and kept it a bit more concise. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone watching this? The last episode was incredible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Anyone watching this? The last episode was incredible.
    I've been watching since the beginning and yes, the latest episode was great! I honestly think that so far, this show is up there with much of the earlier GoT seasons quality-wise.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This Dragon House show sure is swell

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    i've been watching and liking it so far, there's only one episode left and seems it will be a banger, i hope this show doesn't over stays his welcome and gets extended for no reason.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    i've been watching and liking it so far, there's only one episode left and seems it will be a banger, i hope this show doesn't over stays his welcome and gets extended for no reason.
    I take it that you haven't red the book? Because:

There is no war so hateful to the gods as a war between kin, and no war so bloody as a war between dragons.
    Don't worry, the Dance of Dragons lasts for a grand total of 2 years.And it's Westeros, where people die...a lot. Think about it, there is a reason why there are no dragons left by the time we meet Ned Stark.

Back to the episode: Daemon being told off by a teen half his height was glorious. Harrenhal isn't good for his health. It's creepy and I highly suspect that it has a Black Phillip problem. And Vermithor was very pleased with his buffet.

Aemond's face at the end, though.

DRAGONS!

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I take it that you haven't red the book? Because:
    I haven't read the book, i thought it was a short story, but it does make sense.

The Harrenhal bits with Daemon are both maddening and strange, has consistently been one of the most interesting things this season.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I haven't read the book, i thought it was a short story, but it does make sense.

The Harrenhal bits with Daemon are both maddening and strange, has consistently been one of the most interesting things this season.
    Yeah, Fire and Blood covers Aegon's Conquest throughout the ending of the Dance of the Dragons. House of the Dragon is, basically, the half end of the book Fun fact: Visenya Targaryen, sister/wife of Aegon the Conqueror, was the first rider of Vhagar. She has seen a lots of war, that cranky old lady. That's what makes her so dangerous. That and her size. Aegon's dragon was of course Balerion the Black Dread.

Poor Daemon is getting one hell of a therapy at Harrenhal. I've seen a lot of whining about the Daemon stuff on the net but I love it too. Matt Smith is doing a great job in the role.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thoughts on the finale?

Personally - what a waste of time - see you in 2026.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Thoughts on the finale?

Personally - what a waste of time - see you in 2026.
    Honestly I was disappointed. Not because it was a bad episode but because it was a bad season finale episode.

The series will end after the fourth season, by the way; so we are halfway through it.

But still there was some "holy shit" moments, including humongous spoilers. There is a lot to talk about, if anyone is interested. Very minor spoiler: Sunfyre is not dead.

"Tywin" *snickers*

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    I saw a lot of hate for the finale, i didn't mind the episode, i was sure they were going to give us a "cliffhanger" ending, i guess nothing happened but the original series also did this a lot; i don't get why now people get upset (oh yeah they still angry because the ending of Got).

I do agree that a "huge" scene was missing from the episode, just give the people something to talk about while we wait 2 years.

I did not like they are taking that long to release the next season, only to sell us the other spinoff, I'm not really excited for it, but i will watch anyway...

I just hope they don't "burn" the franchise just like Disney did with Star Wars (sadly, it's exactly what's going to happen...)

ALSO: I don't trust the new raiders, i think someone will betray Rhaenyra, all things point out to Ulf, but maybe it will be Hugh, just a theory...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Historically, I think seaon finales on Game of Thrones were a little more bombastic, but this was more of a "table setting" episode that was moving the chess pieces on the board, setting up something big for the future. That's exciting for the long-term, but I can see why many people are underwhelmed in the short-term, especially since we were conditioned to expect big things from the GoT days (and really, most shows). Plus, that preview from the week before was a little misleading and made it look like we could expect another big battle with dragons, but it just turned out to be Aemond throwing a hissy fit, which was quickly glossed over.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-09-2024 at 01:19 AM.