Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I don't think I've seen this posted before, but this is why I end up thinking about Ministry whenever I drink soda now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I fin ally heard the new record and I must say, was not impressed by the first few songs I heard but theres some fuckin good shit on there. A few weak points but overall the best thing he's done in a long time. I especially loved Thanx But No Thanx (most of it) and Change of Luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Judging from Al's facebook feed he is a serious ticking time bomb. Fact he is still kicking is a biological wonder. Its his personal life decision but its sort of depressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I don't think I've seen this posted before, but this is why I end up thinking about Ministry whenever I drink soda now.

that's a really good find.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've often wondered how Al would react on Facebook if you were to post the Shasta video, and the video of him performing America. Does anybody else think he'd get pissed off?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He seems ok-ish with some of that stuff, I think. Just "hates" the With Sympathy album. Could be wrong though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've often wondered how Al would react on Facebook if you were to post the Shasta video, and the video of him performing America. Does anybody else think he'd get pissed off?
    You've just given me a simply fantastic idea....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    He seems ok-ish with some of that stuff, I think. Just "hates" the With Sympathy album. Could be wrong though.
    He mentioned the Shasta commercial in his book.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So Limp Bizkit cover Theives live but have recorded it and it's on their next album.

Start out not as bad as I expected but the overall result is pretty awful. Be interesting to find out what Al thinks.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    ::::nvm::::
    Last edited by tony.parente; 11-01-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: reading is hard

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    So Limp Bizkit cover Theives live but have recorded it and it's on their next album.

Start out not as bad as I expected but the overall result is pretty awful. Be interesting to find out what Al thinks.
    I thought they'd do this a lot sooner, or thought it would never happen. I'm not sure how Al would've taken it though, but there were claims that he actually liked it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Too gimmicky to Limp Bizkit's schtick for me to enjoy it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    You've just given me a simply fantastic idea....
    And if he actually gets pissed off... perhaps you can post this.

But I'm sure he's obviously okay with that one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And if he actually gets pissed off... perhaps you can post this.

But I'm sure he's obviously okay with that one.
    I haven't got a reponse from him.

This saddens me.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh crap, I also wish he responded. However, if he mentioned the Shasta commercial in the comic, that probably means he wouldn't get bent out of shape over it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh crap, I also wish he responded. However, if he mentioned the Shasta commercial in the comic, that probably means he wouldn't get bent out of shape over it.
    He mentioned it in his autobiography, not the comic strip. Sorry for not specifying that earlier.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone listen to the Underneath It All NIN podcast? They just interviewed Richard Patrick and he elaborated more on Trent's idolization of Al J. It appears Trent has been a fan since With Sympathy, and both Trent and Richard caught the Revolting Cocks on their first tour. It was cool to hear that Trent is a fan of With Sympathy. Al hates it for personal and political reasons, but it's an excellent Synth Pop album, and definitely one my favorite Ministry albums.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    He mentioned it in his autobiography, not the comic strip. Sorry for not specifying that earlier.
    I still have yet to get The Lost Gospels According To Al Jourgensen. And not one to be deterred and upset by spoilers in general, did he complain about it in the book, or was he actually fine with it, or even thought that it was a fun experience?

I've almost forgot that he even wrote a book. I'm sure Paul Barker, Chris Connelly, and perhaps even Martin Atkins thinks he's lying in it. And no problem. I'm actually looking forward to read both books anyway. (Assuming that the comic gets done and actually sees the light of day.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-07-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Does anyone listen to the Underneath It All NIN podcast? They just interviewed Richard Patrick and he elaborated more on Trent's idolization of Al J. It appears Trent has been a fan since With Sympathy, and both Trent and Richard caught the Revolting Cocks on their first tour. It was cool to hear that Trent is a fan of With Sympathy. Al hates it for personal and political reasons, but it's an excellent Synth Pop album, and definitely one my favorite Ministry albums.
    I thankfully feel the same way, since I can easily hear both With Sympathy and Twitch in Pretty Hate Machine. I also like how there are little similarities between the Down In It video and the Flashback video. And while Down In It also screams Skinny Puppy's Dig It, it also had to be heavily influenced by Over The Shoulder.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I still have yet to get The Lost Gospels According To Al Jourgensen. And not one to be deterred and upset by spoilers in general, did he complain about it in the book, or was he actually fine with it, or even thought that it was a fun experience?

I've almost forgot that even wrote a book. I'm sure Paul Barker, Chris Connelly, and perhaps even Martin Atkins thinks he's lying in it. And no problem. I'm actually looking forward to read both books anyway. (Assuming that the comic gets done and actually sees the light of day.)
    He didn't complain about it, but he shamefully did several other jingles/commercials to support his family (and his family's habits), since he was practically broke after With Sympathy.

Pretty much every one who was previously in the Ministry camp has stated that Al's stories/events are true, but details are often exaggerated (to be dramatic or appear "larger than life") or somewhat mixed up. Hell, I can barely remember what happened 10 years ago, and I was sober the whole time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Like al being poor. Someone straight up said that neither he or the band struggled financially.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Like al being poor. Someone straight up said that neither he or the band struggled financially.
    He was signed to Arista for a multiple record contract. With Sympathy was a mild success, but with the production costs and the tour, he barely broke even. He had issues with the management and sued Arista to be released from his contract. He was literally broke after that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    According to the book. He had people to fall back on. Plus, he also did plenty of stuff for wax trax after his stint with arista.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    According to the book. He had people to fall back on. Plus, he also did plenty of stuff for wax trax after his stint with arista.
    That might be true. The commercials he did were in-between With Sympathy and the 12"s he recorded for Wax Trax. I also don't doubt that he and Patty were blowing away alot of money on drugs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm going by what a member of the band during that time has said. They weren't poor and had no problems getting by. They weren't rich either, obviously.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It made me wonder if Al was still barely, or just scraping by when Twitch came out. From the looks of it, The Land of Rape of Honey and Beers, Steers + Queers being put out was when things started really picking up for him, and then of course, things just blew up by the time Psalm 69 and Linger Ficken' Good... and other Barnyard Oddities came out.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    do any of these books mention his relationship with aimee mann and her early involvement in ministry? i found out recently that she wrote 'voices carry' about their relationship. kind of blows my mind a little bit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Drugs didn't buy themselves. So he must not have beem that poor, ya know? And I had no idea about Aimee Mann.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    do any of these books mention his relationship with aimee mann and her early involvement in ministry? i found out recently that she wrote 'voices carry' about their relationship. kind of blows my mind a little bit.
    Yes Al and Aimee had a moment.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm going by what a member of the band during that time has said. They weren't poor and had no problems getting by. They weren't rich either, obviously.
    This is true during the 1981-1983 period. Jourgensen was the only member of Ministry from late 1983 up to the Land of Rape and Honey. Stephen George did some guest drumming on a couple of tracks, but was no longer a member of the band.