Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ministry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Surprisingly, that doesn't really bother me much. It's the rehash of the same thing over and over again and Al waving his middle around and telling everyone to go fuck themselves. He's a shell of who he used to be. Highly intelligent guy whose relegated himself to some drunken wannabe biker who spouts out pseudo-political jabber and tries to come off like he's the most hardcore crazy guy you'd ever meet. The old Al Jourgensen would cringe at the mere sight. The album covers are now reduced to shitty photoshop. I may think RGB and TLS are below average, but at least the covers showed some effort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've seen all the ministry tours since 2004. Honestly The Evil Doers Tour tops the other two. At least then he had some fucking energy. After that i felt totally ripped off. During the Masturbatour he was so fucking trashed he barley moved but you know at least he sang. Fast the last tour he upped the ante by leaning against the guitar cabinets fuck out of his skull while Burton Bell (who totally kicked ass and did the songs justice) did all the classics. So yeah, in general ministry shows have seemed more and more half assed on Al's part. If he really wanted to come back strong he should fuck off with the metal shit. Industrial music can be aggressive without being metal. His lazy ass needs to play a fucking synth again.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Oh Al...

MINISTRY / PARIS Al Jourgensen Hospitalized
    July 27, 2012 PARIS 9:05 pm Ministry Front man Al Jourgensen collapsed on-stage during the live Ministry performance and was rushed to hospital via ambulance where he was examined by numerous physicians and diagnosed to have had a full-system collapse due to extreme dehydration and heat exhaustion intensified by the lack of ventilation on stage at the venue. Doctors confirm via blood tests conducted that Jourgensen’s alcohol blood levels were well below normal and no narcotics were found in his system. As a result, Ministry has cancelled today’s appearance at the L’Etaples France Rock en Stock Festival in order to allow Mr. Jourgensen a few days rest to recuperate and receive additional medical attention in Switzerland. Jourgensen fully intends to complete the remaining shows on the Ministry DeFiBriLlaTouR European leg.
    Jourgensen extends his most sincere apologies to his devoted Parisian fans who displayed so much love, respect and concern for him before and after the Ministry show. Says Jourgensen: “I will make it up to you, somehow. I love Paris, I love the Parisian people. I’m so sorry …but, shit happens and the shit hit the fan for me last night.”

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New single is pretty darn good. Very subdued and groove filled.

New album Moral Hygeine is out October 1st.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    https://mailchi.mp/waxtrax.com/paul-barker-chris-connelly-free-show?e=9bdb35d02a
    Chris Connelly & Paul Barker to play show of just Ministry side project tracks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    https://mailchi.mp/waxtrax.com/paul-barker-chris-connelly-free-show?e=9bdb35d02a
    Chris Connelly & Paul Barker to play show of just Ministry side project tracks
    I have been super busy with work as of late, but regardless, I thought you guys might want this (guess I was right...) AWESOME to hear these songs played live-ish for the first time!

(also why I missed out on the Echoplex Livestream, that footage looks sick!!)
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 09-23-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kinda awkard that two guys are doing this by themselves with no audience, but I'll take it. All those songs are very much a part of my life.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Blah!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's awful. Thankfully, I didn't pay for it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Eh, it's ok. Same typical sound and fashion of the last albums. I like their thrash sound and I adore Rio Grande Blood but I'm not digging the sound much anymore. It's not that I don't like progression in terms of sound from 90's to now but the sound and themes have been stagnant for the past 3 albums. Grown tiresome.

In recent news, TLS's "Watch Yourself" was remixed by danny Lohner (aka Renholder) for the new Underworld soundtrack coming out next month. Video for it on Danny's facebook.

P.S. I know you are a member and will probably read this, Danny. Shed some light and insight on it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Musically it's pretty cool imo. Lyrically it's fucking terrible.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    99 percenters is private and I can't find the renholder remix. someone help please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea I posted a bit on the pissarmy, Piko

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Listened to Dark Side and Animositisomina a lot more than any other Ministry album this year. Can't get enough of them (though I have to sew me some new ears after every listen)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I welcome new Ministry material, but he needs to stop rehashing the same sound. What made Ministry a classic band was the awesome progression of their sound. I loved the variety of the great Ministry albums from the 80s...new wave, dance, industrial, experimental, ambient/collage, metal. Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon brought some of this back, but for the most part he seems to be obsessed with making his music and image as "Psalm 69: Bigger and Badder" with every new album.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    its obvious he doesn't care what we think.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He's at least always stayed true to what he wanted and vice versa. And he's always been like that. His song selections while touring are a perfect example of that. When he was touring for Filth Pig, he wanted to play nothing but Psalm 69 and that album. But thankfully snuck in a few "oldies". But unlike them, he's not getting tired of the same old thing. By the time Psalm 69 came around, Twitch was just a mere afterthought. If only he would do that with the new album and stick to that routine.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The Early Trax compilation has been on heavy rotation of late. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I think Crumbs is one of their best songs from the 90's (and overall to me). Listened to Filth Pig again after some time, kind of a screwy and dark album that is. Lurve it.

Also for the record, I hate and don't know why Jesus Built My Hotrod is such a popular song. I think it sucks a lot. Never did like it. Also, With Sympathy is the shit. I've giving old Ministry albums a spin last night and this morning for fun. been awhile since I've had a proper listen.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-31-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    The Early Trax compilation has been on heavy rotation of late. Good stuff.
    Early Trax has easily become on of my favorite Ministry compilations. Some of my favorite songs from Early Trax would be Nature of Love, He's Angry and Overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So I think Crumbs is one of their best songs from the 90's (and overall to me). Listened to Filth Pig again after some time, kind of a screwy and dark album that is. Lurve it.
    As do I. Did you also find yourself loving Dark Side of the Spoon as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Also for the record, I hate and don't know why Jesus Built My Hotrod is such a popular song. I think it sucks a lot. Never did like it. Also, With Sympathy is the shit. I've giving old Ministry albums a spin last night and this morning for fun. been awhile since I've had a proper listen.
    While I didn't think it sucked, I also had a hard time understanding that myself. I also agree with you on With Sympathy as well. I loved songs such as Effigy (I'm Not An), Work For Love, Here We Go, Say You're Sorry and She's Got A Cause. (That's a whole lot of With Sympathy anyway, and I've also had that the album on heavy rotation as well.)

As for 99 Percenters, here's a URL on YouTube that actually works.

I just don't see why it would have to be set to private if it would've inevitably leaked anyway.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-04-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My current favorite Ministry track is WHAT ABOUT US which is not on youtube, it was in Artificial Intelligence by Steven Spielberg, very odd but cool seeing Ministry in that film, works perfectly.*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    My current favorite Ministry track is WHAT ABOUT US which is not on youtube, it was in Artificial Intelligence by Steven Spielberg, very odd but cool seeing Ministry in that film, works perfectly.*
    I've always loved that song. It's also on their 'Greatest Fits' album.

RE: the new song... it's like TLS, the lyrics, while never Ministry's strong suit, are horrible.

It's all been downhill since The Dark Side of the Spoon... Animositisomina had some moments, Rio Grande Blood was fun in parts too.

The Last Sucker was embarrassingly bad, I know Al has abandoned his industrial roots in favor of punk/thrash/speed/metal but I wish he'd go back the 'old' sound. Maybe Paul was the reason I loved Ministry... since he left they haven't been half as 'interesting'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read the posts so far and wondered if it is really that bad or if people have just fallen out favour with Al & Ministry these days.

I watched the video.

Damn. That's truly terrible and the most painful and unenjoyable part of it is that Al probably doesn't even realise that's the case.

Such a genuine shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And as for ministry not needing to work, you really don't get how the music industry works if you think that. Most bands we listen to are still broke, very few reach that NiN higher echelon of actually making a shitload of money, and a lot of that's done to some very astute business decisions by trent.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Pauls current music is excellent. its everything i loved about ministry. with the exception of Al's vocals. I miss those in pauls music. maybe he can work with connelly again. or ogre. since they contributed lots of vocals to ministry back in the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Pauls current music is excellent. its everything i loved about ministry. with the exception of Al's vocals.
    I just listened to some Flowering Blight - you are 100% correct - it's EVERYTHING Ministry is sorely missing these days... I guess in the Paul/Al split a backed the wrong horse and kept following Al when Paul was the one I should have been paying attention to.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    99% sucked. That was horrible. I can't believe Al thought that is was good enough to put out.
    I love all of their albums, including the last trilogy, but that was song is bad. Mostly the vocals and lyrics. It sounds like a bad frat house song, that frat boys would sing not even knowing what they are saying.
    If that is how the rest of the cd is going to sound, then this will be the first album of theirs I don't buy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'll have to check out the Flowering Blight. I've heard a lot about it. I love the With Sympathy era...there's also a good number of great unreleased tracks that were played live during this era. I like that 99% is bringing back some melody, the intro reminds me of their song "Overkill" from 1980. Al is still my hero.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    In other news, the documentary Fix comes out in April. http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    About fucking time.