Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I just wanted him to say these will be his fastest/heaviest records ever... or the last ever... or all of those things. I mean how else is he gonna sell them to me? C'mon Al, your strategy worked so good thus far!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Coherent Al is so weird. Pretty cool he sorted himself out. Ministry is no surprise. I don't really want another Cocks album from him though. Let the other guys do their thing. If he's made up with them and would work with them again, then I'll be all for it. But, I think Al should just let the Cocks be.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    RevCo absolutely needs to die at this point. Those first several albums were fantastic, made when industrial music was exciting & relatively new & he had a solid stable of talent to draw on with Barker, Connelly, Van Acker, etc... Right place, right time, right people. Anything after the 80s & 90s stuff is a pale, sad imitation that's almost painful to listen to. But Al always did like to beat a dead horse.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Coherent Al is so weird. Pretty cool he sorted himself out. Ministry is no surprise. I don't really want another Cocks album from him though. Let the other guys do their thing. If he's made up with them and would work with them again, then I'll be all for it. But, I think Al should just let the Cocks be.
    Right on. I would only listen to the new RevCo if it was a reunion album, with Al joining "The Cocks". But that would mean Al making amends with Paul, and I have no idea if this is possible at this point.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't see it happening. Granted, Al is the only original member left even though Richard 23 is playing with Barker and co. So I dunno. I'd much rather hear their version of the Cocks than Al's

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Not bad. New version of NWO too.

Last edited by virushopper; 08-07-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Fucking Stigmata!!!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    And "Deity". Half a setlist of thrashy Ministry and half old hits and stuff. That's a damn sight better than just shoving NWO and So What on the end and calling it a day like he's been doing for years.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm pretty amazed by that setlist. He got the new thrash stuff out of the way before going to the hits. Some of which be hadn't played in years. When's the last time they played Stigmata? Or The Missing? And not only that, but they sounded tight. Good stuff. Plus, that was probably the most energetic I've seen Al. At least in the 2000s.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Their new drummer adds a different dynamic to them older tracks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm going to see them in Saarbrücken on Friday. Don't know most of their newer stuff, but the setlists seem to be a good mix of the different eras. So, let's see what songs we will get...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I'm going to see them in Saarbrücken on Friday. Don't know most of their newer stuff, but the setlists seem to be a good mix of the different eras. So, let's see what songs we will get...
    Awesome I hope you post the setlist and if you value your ability to hear you should take some ear plugs. Ministry shows are notorious for being extremely loud.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Awesome I hope you post the setlist and if you value your ability to hear you should take some ear plugs. Ministry shows are notorious for being extremely loud.
    Thank you! The venue is also known for being quite loud, so that's gonna be a fierce combination. Just bought new ear plugs, so I think I'm well prepared. :-D

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Judging from past shows on setlist.fm the songs don't seem to vary much between different gigs. I'll try to remember pay attention and post it here anyways...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone seeing them in Manchester next Friday?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    He's not even singing... glad he SEEMS to have sobered up. but theres nothing live about his vocals here.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He does. Just not all of it. I'd say a lot of it is his backing tape though. He's not young anymore. So it makes sense. But yeah, he relies on it a little too much.

Just watched some of it again. Yeah, he does "sing" live. Listen to The Missing. His vocals are totally live. But some songs are definitely backing tape.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-11-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    He's definitely doing live vocals on "NWO", too. I wish he'd do more than draw out the last word of every line, though. It's not bad, but the cadence feels weird to me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Saw them last night in a tiny venue in cardiff, I was apprehensive but I have to say it really was very good. Up close you can see al is a lot healthier these days. Set list was pretty great but I was disappointed they didn't play breathe like they occasionally have recently. Pretty much no idea who the band were, but they were pretty tight. It wasn't that live VHS obviously, but I enjoyed the whole thing

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i didn't get very far into the video.

so i skipped ahead a bit. it IS nice to see Al doing a modern version of in case you didnt feel like showing up.

so that was nice.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Saw them last night in a tiny venue in cardiff, I was apprehensive but I have to say it really was very good. Up close you can see al is a lot healthier these days. Set list was pretty great but I was disappointed they didn't play breathe like they occasionally have recently. Pretty much no idea who the band were, but they were pretty tight. It wasn't that live VHS obviously, but I enjoyed the whole thing
    I saw Breathe in '03 and lost my shit. That and Stigmata = mind blown.

edit: Al needs to start playing Burning Inside again, that would rock.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-17-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is the setlist from Saarbrücken:

Hail to His Majesty (Peasants)
    Punch in the Face
    PermaWar
    Rio Grande Blood
    Señor Peligro
    LiesLiesLies
    Waiting
    N.W.O.
    Just One Fix
    The Missing
    Deity
    Stigmata
    Thieves

Psalm 69
    So What

Overall a good show. The venue wasn't sold out, but there were enough people there to not make it look empty. At the start the crowd was quite calm, but as ghe show went on they were more and more into it and in the end many people were dancing. Especially during the instrumental parts in So What the atmosphere was really good.

The band was doing a good job. Al seemed quite fit and enjoying the show. At least in parts the vocals were live. I didn't pay attention close enough to tell which parts weren't. A little sad they didn't play TV II, but apart from that tbe setlist was great, so I'm not complaining.

Afterwards there was a small after show party at the venue (without the band) where they played music by Ministry, but also several songs by Nine Inch Nails and other related bands. I was a little surprised to see that Copy of A was a real floor filler. I guess my city is quite NIN affine. :-D

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what's the deal with a bonus disc of Enjoy The Quiet live album (which is a Wacken 2006 recording)?
    It's an official release, but it sounds like it's recorded off the speakers blasting from behind a closed doors.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Does anyone know what's the deal with a bonus disc of Enjoy The Quiet live album (which is a Wacken 2006 recording)?
    It's an official release, but it sounds like it's recorded off the speakers blasting from behind a closed doors.
    I believe it is an exact rip from the TV broadcast. Which wasn't great either.

Here is a somewhat better mix from a different show on that tour:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    This is the setlist from Saarbrücken:

Hail to His Majesty (Peasants)
    Punch in the Face
    PermaWar
    Rio Grande Blood
    Señor Peligro
    LiesLiesLies
    Waiting
    N.W.O.
    Just One Fix
    The Missing
    Deity
    Stigmata
    Thieves

Psalm 69
    So What

Overall a good show. The venue wasn't sold out, but there were enough people there to not make it look empty. At the start the crowd was quite calm, but as ghe show went on they were more and more into it and in the end many people were dancing. Especially during the instrumental parts in So What the atmosphere was really good.

The band was doing a good job. Al seemed quite fit and enjoying the show. At least in parts the vocals were live. I didn't pay attention close enough to tell which parts weren't. A little sad they didn't play TV II, but apart from that tbe setlist was great, so I'm not complaining.

Afterwards there was a small after show party at the venue (without the band) where they played music by Ministry, but also several songs by Nine Inch Nails and other related bands. I was a little surprised to see that Copy of A was a real floor filler. I guess my city is quite NIN affine. :-D
    Good set, and im glad to see some of the decent tracks from the Bush trilogy in there.

Also, people trying to dance to Copy of A = lolz I remember I had a Rolling Stone back in the day, and Happiness in Slavery was on the top of the UK dance charts. Weird trying to imagine people dancing to that, even in an industrial club.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone going to the Cocks reunion show in NYC next week?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're playing in Houston (3-4 hours away). I didn't know Luc was involved too. Hopefully there's video. Or better yet, an album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    They're playing in Houston (3-4 hours away). I didn't know Luc was involved too. Hopefully there's video. Or better yet, an album.
    I think it's more amazing that Richard's involved, considering he left the band after only the first album. Needless to say I'm excited for the show.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    True. But I had no idea that Luc was even involved until now. Pretty amazing to have Richard and Chris on the same lineup though. Especially when Chris was the one who replaced him.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If you can, do yourself a favor and go see one of The Cocks reunion shows before it's too late. Last night was incredible.