Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1920

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd be absolutely thrilled to see The Cocks - just hoping the tour goes so well they decide to do some shows in Europe. Well jealous of anyone seeing them.

I know Cold Waves have released official audio before, so I hope they'll do the same this year, but in the meantime - there's a stream up on the DNA Lounge website: https://www.dnalounge.com/webcast/archive/ - available, it seems, for a limited time. I'm just seeing if I can sort out an MP3 version now.

It's all very nostalgic I know, but give me this over the current Ministry band any day. Saying that - it'd be fun if this band did some Cocksure tracks too. Mmmm!
    Last edited by ChipRock; 09-21-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was supposed to be at the DNA lounge show. but life.

Anyway. I'll be seeing them at cold waves in chicago this weekend. so thats rad!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't really post here much anymore, but somehow I forgot to mention I finally saw a Ministry concert this year. It was the Anarchist National Convention show with Helmet and Jello Biafra and I have a really, really long winded review posted here:

https://vnnmusick.wordpress.com/2016...on-2016-71716/

And the best part? It was actually fucking awesome! Not 9 songs off their newest album and 2 old songs at the end, but a full on real set including almost all of the In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up setlist. So now that I've seen Godflesh and Ministry, I just need to get around to seeing that old band Nine Inch Nails to round out the big 3 of industrial.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So after like 2 or 3 years of anticipation, the debut album from Bells Into Machines (Supergroup with Chris Connelly and Paul Barker) was finally released the other day. After two listens, it's pretty.... meh. It is nothing like the Revolting Cocks reunion album I'd hoped it would be. If anything it sounds more like all those post-industrial rock bands that came out in the late nineties/early 2000s; think Filter. Very disappointed, but at least we have Cocksure's last album, which is fantastic and much more like a modern Cocks album than this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So after like 2 or 3 years of anticipation, the debut album from Bells Into Machines (Supergroup with Chris Connelly and Paul Barker) was finally released the other day. After two listens, it's pretty.... meh. It is nothing like the Revolting Cocks reunion album I'd hoped it would be. If anything it sounds more like all those post-industrial rock bands that came out in the late nineties/early 2000s; think Filter. Very disappointed, but at least we have Cocksure's last album, which is fantastic and much more like a modern Cocks album than this.
    I really wanted to pre-order it, but no CD option so decided against it. Sounds like that might have been the right decision, especially if it sounds like Filter.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I also find it quite odd that I haven't seen any mention of the album's release outside of the band's official Facebook page. I'm friends with Chris on FB and follow Paul on Instagram and neither of them have posted anything about it. It's like they know it's not good and would rather just focus on other things.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    I don't really post here much anymore, but somehow I forgot to mention I finally saw a Ministry concert this year. It was the Anarchist National Convention show with Helmet and Jello Biafra and I have a really, really long winded review posted here:

https://vnnmusick.wordpress.com/2016...on-2016-71716/
    i dug your review

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i recorded the cocks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I hadn't heard about Bells Into Machines coming out either, but then I gave up paying much attention a while ago. I guess the situation is similar to Primitive Race - I remember listening to the Graham Poppy track and being, er, unimpressed. It sounds like Graham had left a vocal part on an answering machine and they just stuck it onto a pre-existing backing track with very little thought or care. But yes, it seems that Jason Novak is the only guy worth listening to when it comes to reviving the old school Cocks/Ministry sound. I love the Cocksure records, and he obviously put in a lot of work reproducing the Big Sexy Land tracks. I can't help have a little bit of love for Al still, but watching that clip of Physical, for instance, I really don't miss his presence.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Paul should just join Cocksure and call it a day.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd rather a cocks album with the current lineup. They seem to be enjoying themselves atm with the tour. Hopefully they continue.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is it controversial to say Filth Pig is better than Psalm 69? I actually might even go as far as to say both Filth Pig and DSotS are better than Psalm 69...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Is it controversial to say Filth Pig is better than Psalm 69? I actually might even go as far as to say both Filth Pig and DSotS are better than Psalm 69...
    If you asked me seven years ago, I'd say HELL, NO. But now... HELL, YEAH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess I'd say I like Psalm 69 and Filth Pig equally. DSOTS, not so much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think Filth Pig may be better overall, but the best songs on Psalm 69 are better than the best songs on Filth Pig in my opinion. Either way, The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste is better than both.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    If you asked me seven years ago, I'd say HELL, NO. But now... HELL, YEAH.
    I agree completely! When I first got into Ministry i thought Psalm 69 was EASILY the best in their discography. But just recently I've been running through the catalog again and after the brilliance of Twitch, LoRaH, and TMiaTTT, Psalm 69 was just kind of... meh. You can certainly hear the blueprints for Ministry's mid-2000s turn toward speed metal. But I felt FP and DSotS were still trying to do something different. Between Al varying the way he sings on certain songs, letting Paul sing a few songs, and an overall focus on a slower, more sludgey sound, I found them both to be much more enjoyable and interesting records this time around.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I always thought FilthPig was the overlooked country album Al has always wanted to make. I love that album, it retains Ministry's heavy sound but completely changed the tropes.

And Dark Side of the Spoon is one of my favorites, only beaten by The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste.
    Last edited by Khrz; 10-17-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I probably already said it here somewhere, but I can once again suggest Nations to Flames album by A Storm of Light as a record highly influenced by sludge/doom-era Ministry (Filth Pig, DSOTS and Animositisomina). Even Josh Graham's vocals sound like Al at his best at times

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nope. Love that album. Way more than 69. One of my favorite albums, ever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I also think Houses of the Mole is a far better album than most people give it credit for. It gets lumped into that Bush trilogy, but I think it's pretty different from Rio and TLS.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I also think Houses of the Mole is a far better album than most people give it credit for. It gets lumped into that Bush trilogy, but I think it's pretty different from Rio and TLS.
    Imo, that's the last good thing to come from Al. Great album.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Houses is pretty much the last great one IMO, and Filth Pig is for certain a top-five Ministry album.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Btw. Wtf is with the original version of NWO being replaced with a sub par remix on literally every streaming service?

I asked Paul a couple weeks ago. He said he had no idea.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I made a playlist with the only copy of the original I could find. https://open.spotify.com/user/joymod...wsALL1erweeGlW

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    edit: nevermind. misread NWO for No W

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Edit - nm. Misunderstood something.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Al announcing new anti-Republicans Ministry album in 3... 2... 1...

j/k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Al announcing new anti-Republicans Ministry album in 3... 2... 1...

j/k
    But true! I remember him claiming he makes his best albums when a Republican is president.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Filth pig is absolutely more interesting than psalm 69. Scarecrow and Jesus built my hot rod aside, that album is hugely overrated. It sowed the seeds for the boring later metal albums

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not sure how I feel about a new Ministry album. I've been digging all of the early 80s stuff he's been releasing recently, so I would be stoked if he went back to the post punk/new wave stuff of the early days.

However, I just don't see anything good about another metal oriented album. The sound is tired and burnt out.