Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1920

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Speaking of old Ministry, besides Live Necronomicon I bought recent vinyl presses of Psalm 69, The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste and The Land of Rape and Honey.

I’ll post some photos sometime.
    I have all of those except Psalm 69. Mind in particular sounds fantastic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's why I don't really care to see Ministry live. I honestly don't care too much for their new stuff (I didn't like their last album) and I wanna hear the classics, which Al doesn't really want to play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Uncle Al is still kickin' at age 60

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ministry's Al Jourgenson on Turning 60, 30th Anniversary of 'The Land of Rape and Honey'

So... we get another new Ministry album in the near future. Nice.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    He's apparently gonna play the newest album AmeriKKKa in full every night on this next tour? That is not wise at all.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not surprising. Hopefully he digs up some "newer" classics than the usual ones. Probably end up being the usual four.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Not surprising. Hopefully he digs up some "newer" classics than the usual ones. Probably end up being the usual four.
    That's the more likely scenario.
    Last edited by virushopper; 10-13-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    so he worked on the new David Hasselhoff record... put a fork in this sucker. he's done.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    saw Ministry in a tiny venue in Wales a couple of years ago, basically the set opened with 7 new/bush trilogy songs & then they went into most of the set from that live VHS (the first one, minus breathe, burning inside and LORAH) + the usual psalm 69 songs. and bizarrely they finished with a Devo cover. Never got around to seeing them before & have to say I was pretty happy with that

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/minis...-4bfcd36a.html

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw a recent interview where Al said he plans on reuniting RevCo with Chris for at least a song but possibly an album if the juices start flowing. That'd be really cool to hear something from the two of them again, but reunited RevCo without Paul? I don't know about that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Saw a recent interview where Al said he plans on reuniting RevCo with Chris for at least a song but possibly an album if the juices start flowing. That'd be really cool to hear something from the two of them again, but reunited RevCo without Paul? I don't know about that.
    As long as Connelly is there it should be good. Barker is a driving force for a lot of the music influence during that time (in my opinion).

On topic (and I just posted this on the vinyl collector's thread):

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    As much as I like Connelly, there's only so much he can do with a train wreck. I'll check it out through.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As much as I like Connelly, there's only so much he can do with a train wreck. I'll check it out through.
    I agree, but on the other hand I thought Amerikkkant was pretty good, musically at least. Certainly better than anything off of any of Al's Revco "reunion" albums. Connelly's Cocksure vocals over that kind of production could be very cool.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I agree, but on the other hand I thought Amerikkkant was pretty good, musically at least. Certainly better than anything off of any of Al's Revco "reunion" albums. Connelly's Cocksure vocals over that kind of production could be very cool.
    Musically Twilight Zone is awesome. The entire album is modern Ministry meets early 90's Ministry. It works and has atmosphere. However the lyrical direction and content is so cringe worthy.

I love all forms of Ministry but they lost me from Relapse on. It's like Al switched on the try hard activation button and the band has circled the drain ever since. Relapse, From Beer to Eternity and Amerikkkant are all dogshit lyrically and visually. I actually dug the Bush trilogy and Under Cover. I REALLY loved Rio Grande Blood also.

However when I see this:

compared to this:

I can't help but cry.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Last album was a step up. Al is definitely more focused. I'm expecting another Cocked and Loaded but with Connelly. Not what revco is.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm expecting another Cocked and Loaded but with Connelly. Not what revco is.
    This is most likely. Honestly, just Cocksure + Paul would be the closest thing to a real Revolting Cocks reunion album we could ask for. Throw Billy in there for good measure too. That would be great.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I like that channel but their fans make the shittest recommendations

intro to ministry and industrial metal? Stigmata! fucking metalheads. Just one fix is cool but is almost straight up metal, it doesn't show what ministry are all about IMO

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

intro to ministry and industrial metal? Stigmata! fucking metalheads. Just one fix is cool but is almost straight up metal, it doesn't show what ministry are all about IMO

Have another nostalgia trip.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

They did one episode where they checked out Primus for the first time ever and the song that was recommended was Tommy The Cat, a song 75% sung by Tom Waits!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Have another nostalgia trip.
    I'm with you all the way.

I know I posted it twice, but I just loved the way Work For Love turned out live.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The account that pout up that Work For Love in Boston video initially said that he had the whole show pro-shot. That was like three years ago. Still waiting on the rest.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was watching Work For Love from 84 just the other day. For someone who really hates that stuff, he sure looked like he was having a blast. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I was watching Work For Love from 84 just the other day. For someone who really hates that stuff, he sure looked like he was having a blast. Good stuff.
    i've put that song on more than a few mixes, it's catchy as hell.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've put that song on more than a few mixes, it's catchy as hell.
    It's awesome. I can say the same about a bunch of the songs from that era too. It's good stuff. I'll Do Anything For You is a gem if you haven't heard that. Synth pop Ministry is grossly underrated.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It's awesome. I can say the same about a bunch of the songs from that era too. It's good stuff. I'll Do Anything For You is a gem if you haven't heard that. Synth pop Ministry is grossly underrated.
    i don't know if you've seen any of my posts in this thread before but With Sympathy is literally the only Ministry album i like haha i listen to it all the time in the car and i think all but one song ("what he say") have made it onto various mixes i've made for people because i just love them all so much.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't know if you've seen any of my posts in this thread before but With Sympathy is literally the only Ministry album i like haha i listen to it all the time in the car and i think all but one song ("what he say") have made it onto various mixes i've made for people because i just love them all so much.
    Hahahaha! Not a fan of that one either, tbh. I Wanted To Tell Her is one of my favorites from it. She's Got A Cause too. Good album.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    With Sympathy Fan Club

Revenge is my favorite off it.

I'm buying the most recent repress of that November 1st with freelance money.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    With Sympathy Fan Club

Revenge is my favorite off it.

I'm buying the most recent repress of that November 1st with freelance money.
    wait, WS is getting a repress!?