Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN 2013 Tour Rehearsal Audio

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "What their filming is not going to go anywhere don't worry about this, we have control of this"
    (in the bla bla before Dissapointed)

So there is some video of this somewhere.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh damn, I feel really bad for Trent now. This really wasn't meant to be released. Now I understand why RITCNIN edited it out. I even think the download link should only be available for a limited amount of time, to serve the hardcore fan base and no one else.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying the shit out of this. No other band sounds this good DURING REHEARSALS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Dude! Please post that cover!!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Street View Post
    So, now that everyone has a way of getting the files lets talk about how fucking weird it is to hear the behind the scenes conversations.

Honestly one of the coolest things I've ever heard, but it feels kind of dirty y'know? I feel like I'm looking up a girls' skirt or something.
    I'm a straight guy but I'd totally look up Trent's skirt... Or red robe.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javra View Post
    "What they're filming is not going to go anywhere don't worry about this, we have control of this"

Might as well call this "release" Control. That'll double as a nice joy division reference.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I got a version with split tracks, and The Way Out Is Through is just a repeat of Find My Way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any possibility that Trent released it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nope. I've had the tracks for a few weeks and know the guy who released them and he is not Trent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    Oh damn, I feel really bad for Trent now. This really wasn't meant to be released. Now I understand why RITCNIN edited it out. I even think the download link should only be available for a limited amount of time, to serve the hardcore fan base and no one else.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying the shit out of this. No other band sounds this good DURING REHEARSALS.
    That was one of the reasons I was skeptic at first. The thing is, I don't consider any specific fan more worthy of the stuff which has been released for public attention from someone, being the original release itself the right choice on his part or not. Keeping it "private" via PMs made the thing a bit better but once it's gone public once (on /mu/ and on reddit), it's gone public forever. Except for the fact that 4chan deletes thread after a bit, but you got the point I guess...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    Be a bro and post that album cover you made? That's incredible looking.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Edited what out?

And this sense of entitlement for "hardcore fans" is kind of silly, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Be a bro and post that album cover you made? That's incredible looking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's the cover art from the version on RITC.

edit: never mind, @accelestar beat me to it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was thinking of the same image. Approved!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Nope. I've had the tracks for a few weeks and know the guy who released them and he is not Trent.
    Is dude going to release the video? It looks like he only did the audio.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I got a version with split tracks, and The Way Out Is Through is just a repeat of Find My Way.

Any chance I could grab the files split and correctly tagged, without any of the banter omitted?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I also made this one. You might like it better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So good! Thank you!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Edited what out?

Maybe, if you just got me wrong. The only reason I differenciate here is because I know that no one here (let's face it, we're not just casual listeners, we spend hours and hours on a band's message board) is a casual listener and wonders what's going on there. Nobody here is going to judge the band after hearing this, but imagine this ends up somewhere else... That's what I meant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It is indeed (general statement)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Once a few people have got it it's impossible to keep it private.

The guy that released it should be fired IMO.

There's a name in Google Doc's Revisions. Isn't it him? (Don't post names here thought)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    That was one of the reasons I was skeptic at first. The thing is, I don't consider any specific fan more worthy of the stuff which has been released for public attention from someone, being the original release itself the right choice on his part or not. Keeping it "private" via PMs made the thing a bit better but once it's gone public once (on /mu/ and on reddit), it's gone public forever. Except for the fact that 4chan deletes thread after a bit, but you got the point I guess...
    I'm ok with sending stuff via PMs, but you never know how many fans are being left out. If you're doing it just to avoid people getting arrested and whatnot, then sure, ok.

But once it becomes about "h4rdc0r3 0nly", then it's just hoarding and bragging. Not saying that was the case HERE, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe, if you just got me wrong. The only reason I differenciate here is because I know that no one here (let's face it, we're not just casual listeners, we spend hours and hours on a band's message board) is a casual listener and wonders what's going on there. Nobody here is going to judge the band after hearing this, but imagine this ends up somewhere else... That's what I meant.
    It's probably not for me to say, but personally, I wouldn't mind if someone judged the band from this, because it all sounds fucking great. Yes, I know that it's not "Trent-sanctioned", but I'm saying that it's not embarrassing or phoned in or anything.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I vote for an image that was never used officially, considering the nature of the leak.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    PMs sent, sorry guys i got inundated there and ETS will only let me send to 5x people per 60 seconds. So yea, i work with what I have. Enjoy!

edit: I get a kick out of Trents talk about "more bass" during CBH, lolz. How about more cowbell??
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-25-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Is dude going to release the video? It looks like he only did the audio.
    No, he's already fired.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Using an official image just feels too much like slapping Trent's approval on this. If it ever falls into the hands of someone who doesn't know the history, it would be shitty.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Any chance I could grab the files split and correctly tagged, without any of the banter omitted?
    https://mega.co.nz/#!TRgFnBoD!XuOcP3...U3eMXA4SZjI6GA

^found that link earlier on this thread. Tracks are split but I found an issue where TWOIT is just Find My Way.

SO, you guys know this shit is going to be "out there" on a larger scale soon enough, right?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    No, he's already fired.
    Wtf?? I'm guessing it's not cause he leaked it. That would be too fast. But maybe being fired is why he leaked it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Using an official image just feels too much like slapping Trent's approval on this. If it ever falls into the hands of someone who doesn't know the history, it would be shitty.
    When I made it (that cover art) it was just meant to go in my iTunes and that's it. Then I felt like Ryan from RITC could give them a proper release if he got Trent's approval. Then someone else uploaded them anyway.