Thread: The Nick Cave Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The Bad Seeds died after Murder Ballads.....Everything since has just been mostly piano ballad albums with the occasional one off conventional rock record (Dig Lazarus Dig).....Everything Nick touched from 1980-1996 was fucking perfection but man I just am tired of these ballad albums. I wish he would do something back in the blues genre. Bring back the raucous Bad Seeds sound

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The Bad Seeds died after Murder Ballads.....Everything since has just been mostly piano ballad albums with the occasional one off conventional rock record (Dig Lazarus Dig).....Everything Nick touched from 1980-1996 was fucking perfection but man I just am tired of these ballad albums. I wish he would do something back in the blues genre. Bring back the raucous Bad Seeds sound
    I could not disagree with this more. I feel like I have the exact opposite feeling. I've enjoyed everything he's put out, but I love the sound of Abattoir Blues, and anything that's in that direction atmospherically is a big hit with me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I could not disagree with this more. I feel like I have the exact opposite feeling. I've enjoyed everything he's put out, but I love the sound of Abattoir Blues, and anything that's in that direction atmospherically is a big hit with me.
    abattoir / lyre is one of my fav bad seeds albums but i haven't liked anything they've done since then. it was also their best album SINCE murder ballads.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 03-03-2021 at 11:37 PM.