Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
So my wife has been throwing up multiple times a day for like a year, and we were worried her hep C had become active, and sure enough: it had. We miraculously managed to.get her the cure, which, yeah, the church literally helped us for part of it.

Anyway, so: she ostensibly no longer has hep C, but is still throwing up.
So we took her for an endoscopy, and she has gastroparesis, which is where food just sits in your stomach longer than it should. In SERIOUS cases, it sits there until you throw it back up, which is what appears to be going on, here.

They took a bunch of biopsies, as it COULD be a virus. That's what we're hoping for.
It could ALSO be a sign of Parkinson's, Crohn's disease, and all manner of other nasty stuff.
And, depending on what's causing it, it could require surgery, or a lifelong puree only diet, etc...again, all manner of unpleasant things.

So, yeah. We should hear back on these biopsies in a couple of days, and, again, whatever it is, hopefully it can be fixed with a medicine or a day surgery, and isn't something worse.

It's just, FUCK. She's been throwing up EVERY DAY for almost a year. She can barely eat. We thought it was just the hep C, and we pulled SO many strings: it was "once we figure out how to get insurance, get the prescription, figure out how to PAY for it, and then you take it for three months, you'll be better."
And she isn't better. Hey, I mean, I'm REALLY glad we caught and stopped the liver disease. But it's just hard to watch your spouse just miserable, throwing up every fucking day for a year, and then, think it's finally over, but it isn't.
Hope all goes well. I have… 3 more days of my eight-tablets-a-day super expensive H. pylori medication left to go, then a follow up breath test in about a month. This has been some intense shit.