Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Someone was saying they needed a new show.

You can't go wrong with Lost.
    The same goes for Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead.
    With TWD, don't listen to the haters. They're just get furious when the events in the show don't match the events in their comic books.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone here watching comedian Bill Burr's cartoon for adults called F Is For Family on Netflix?
    It's pretty funny. Takes place in the '70s. Laura Dern, Justin Long, and Sam Rockwell voice characters on it.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-26-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If one has Internet's why Netflix? I somewhat kid. I have neither but I can see how this could be a thing.

Master of None was funny. Daredevil was really good. I also second Narcos, really good.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 12-26-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Anyone here watching comedian Bill Burr's cartoon for adults called F Is For Family on Netflix?
    It's pretty funny. Takes place in the '70s. Laura Dern, Justin Long, and Sam Rockwell voice characters on it.
    I finished it within a day. It was pretty good. I'm a big fan of Bill Burr. Even though I grew up in the 90s, I could actually relate to some of those situations. I look forward to seeing more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Making A Murderer... wow, it's just so infuriating. It's West Memphis Three all over again. Innocent people being charged for murder, a broken and corrupt legal system, and the news agencies looking to hype up and break the next hot murder story first.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Pee Wee Herman's Big Holiday film was great. Up there with how great Big Adventure was. I recommend it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Making A Murderer... wow, it's just so infuriating. Innocent people being charged for murder,
    clearly you've been misinformed how the judicial system operates. there are two sides in a murder trial, defense and prosecution. The latter is "conveniently" omitted from the entire documentary.

read up on the facts the prosecution provided.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Trailer Park Boys season 10 is pretty good. First half could have been better but episodes 6 & 7 have been huge. I really never ever would have thought they'd make such a great Star Trek reference.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    clearly you've been misinformed how the judicial system operates. there are two sides in a murder trial, defense and prosecution. The latter is "conveniently" omitted from the entire documentary.

read up on the facts the prosecution provided.
    i wouldn't say it was completely omitted.
    i came away thinking that Spoiler: Avery was most likely guilty, but the police DID plant evidence. The kid, though, i think he was railroaded and doubt he had anything to do with it. But there was enough state evidence to convince me of avery's guilt. That DA, btw...so disgusting and slimy. i kept telling my wife that there was SOMETHING fucked up about him, something sexual, but i just couldn't put my finger on it. and then out it came!

The documentary Ukraine is Not a Brothel was very engaging. It poses some very interesting questions about Feminism and if the end justifies the means in the case of a certain organization
    @Space Suicide , sadly, i didn't like the new Pee Wee movie.

Oh and good god, the "new Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" movie has almost nothing to do with the original. It's not a wuxia film. It offers no lush cinematography or amazing choreography. It wasn't shot in China. It's not even in Chinese. I had been waiting for this one for a long time, and was SO disappointed. It's just another half ass western martial arts film.
    I would avoid this one and watch the original again, or House of Flying Daggers or Hero.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-23-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Netflix Thread

Currently binge watching The Killing. I'm seriously in lust with Joel Kinnaman.

Finished Broadchurch and am now a Tennant fan too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...wo-new-seasons

Peaky Blinders is starting up again next week? I have been under a rock!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

It's already on episode four. Amazon Firestick FTW!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

It's airing in the UK and all of it'll be on Netflix pretty much immediately after airing. It's also been renewed for two more seasons in advance.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    There is a new Noam Chomsky doc called Requiem for an American Dream (or something along those lines.)
    It was damned good, but painfully short, especially since it said at the beginning that "these are his final long form interviews." i hope that the word "these" here means that there will be more.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Do we have a dedicated Peaky Blinders thread? I tried doing a search but search never works for me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    We do not.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Do we have a dedicated Peaky Blinders thread? I tried doing a search but search never works for me.
    Make one!

I have one episode left. I feel like saving it. I don't want it to be over.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm watching the Jake The snake documentary. So far it's not only the most inspiring documentary I've seen but the most inspiring life recovery I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just finished watching "Frank" for the second time. I love this movie! Check it out on Netflix.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally got caught up on Trailer Park Boys. Both season 9 and 10 started slow but I really liked the second half of each. Should be interesting to see how they handle Lucy and J-Roc being gone in season 11.

Voltron is out today!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I'm watching the Jake The snake documentary. So far it's not only the most inspiring documentary I've seen but the most inspiring life recovery I've ever seen.
    It was definitely good, but it felt like a really long commercial for DDP Yoga.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Started Bloodline. I really want it to be good, but I e been spending more time watch the Florida keys scenery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Started Bloodline. I really want it to be good, but I e been spending more time watch the Florida keys scenery.
    5 episodes in... shit's getting tense.
    Enjoying John Leguizamo's crazy character.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-14-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    5 episodes in... shit's getting tense.
    Enjoying John Leguizamo's crazy character.
    Finished. A bit of a sophomore slump. I needed more at the end. Agree about John Leguizamo. They needed to fill the void that Danny left.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finished. A bit of a sophomore slump. I needed more at the end. Agree about John Leguizamo. They needed to fill the void that Danny left.
    I heard that they're still deciding on Season 3, but I know the creators would like to go for several seasons. I hope Netflix continues it. There's still a lot more to go. I kinda like how throughout Season 1 was based around a flash forward in time involving Danny while Season 2 is based around a flash backwards in time. Thought that was interesting.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I kinda like how throughout Season 1 was based around a flash forward in time involving Danny while Season 2 is based around a flash backwards in time. Thought that was interesting.
    I agree. However, I felt like those flashbacks softened Danny's character which I don't think helped with the entire plot for the remaining siblings. Or did it make you question who really is the most evil? Hmmmmmmm. I do love the scenery. If it does come back, I want more of that. I mean really, not one scene on the water?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I agree. However, I felt like those flashbacks softened Danny's character which I don't think helped with the entire plot for the remaining siblings. Or did it make you question who really is the most evil? Hmmmmmmm. I do love the scenery. If it does come back, I want more of that. I mean really, not one scene on the water?

For me, it was questioning who is really evil? I think that's what I liked about the second season because it totally switched up your perception who the fuck ups really are. The whole family are fuck ups that always seemed on the brink of going into darkness. It's almost you're for them to fail and face themselves. The real question is how was the father able to afford getting that place? I think we're gonna discover Danny's action are not far off from his father. I think the father has a darker past and it seems he was also involved with a criminal element. Many questions surrounding how he aquired their home/resort. No one is innocent. I enjoyed the second season and it'll be interesting to see the repercussions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Finished. A bit of a sophomore slump. I needed more at the end.
    agreed, zero payoff.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)