Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1332

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

something seems off, I wonder if it's the fact the voices sound so much older than the characters now?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

something seems off, I wonder if it's the fact the voices sound so much older than the characters now?
    They're also not voice actors, so the consistency of their performances will be pretty different based on which of them have done voice work and/or which of them takes better to voice work than the others.

But yeah, the clip feels very slow paced and kind of low energy when compared to the movie. That said, when you're telling a story over 6-8 hours instead of 2 hours, the pacing should be different. It just might take some adjusting to when we're used to a specific kind of Scott Pilgrim tempo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Finished up Part 5 of Disenchantment; I'm not sure how I feel about it really... yeah, it resolved well enough but I think I need to rewatch the series as a whole and then make up my mind...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Holy moly (no pun intended), finally watched Midnight Mass. What an amazing show! The writing, acting, story were sooo good.

Way better than Fall of the House of Usher IMO.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Re-watching the series "Disjointed"... and this time following the wifi password's to get to the YouTube links... because, why not.

Nice, silly....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The Brothers Sun is a really fun show.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

The Brothers Sun is a really fun show.
    We burned through this over the weekend, really enjoyed it. The last couple of episodes weren't as good IMO, but it starts off way strong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I binged through most of Mike Flanagan's Netflix output over the holidays. His work reminds me a lot of the made-for-tv Stephen King adaptations from the 90s and 00s. Which I can be pretty nostalgic for - including for how hokey some of it can be.

• Midnight Mass is probably the best thing he's done;
    • House of Usher suffers from taking itself too serious. They could've leaned more into presenting a satire of (wannabe) dynastic families;
    • Hill House doesn't really resolve its story, but the family dynamics were written and performed very well;
    • Bly Manor doesn't have enough going on to justify its runtime. I was also left confused about the whole thing with the unclefather.

Of his movies I've only seen Dr Sleep (should've been a series) and Oculus (protagonists unrealistically young).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This was great. Complex, funny and sad, and moving.
    Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Spacespider

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Anyone else watch the first season of Love/Death/Robots and think about that one episode after watching that trailer?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Started watching "Griselda"... yeah, I dig it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Started watching "Griselda"... yeah, I dig it.
    Finished up watching. Well done. That lady was... motivated. Yeeesssss... that'll be a good word.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Finished up watching "Master of the Universe: Revolution" ... yeah, that good. I still like the way they made the vehicles look like the box art.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Finished watching this tonight.... made us laugh over here.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oooo, dark Jeff. Looks interesting.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    This is just embarrassing at this point.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so pumped they got Death from Sandman in this, means they're still working on S2 of that show.

Which, if you didn't know, is on BluRay so you should find a copy while you can still do that with physical media.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Watched this new series a couple of times over the last week, it’s absolutely nuts.

It’s based on a true story of the creator who was stalked by someone, and it really doesn’t pull its punches.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Baby Reindeer was really intense. Pretty devastating. Not really sure how to prepare someone for that, but it’s a heavy experience. I’m surprised it’s as popular as it is.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Baby Reindeer was really intense. Pretty devastating. Not really sure how to prepare someone for that, but it’s a heavy experience. I’m surprised it’s as popular as it is.
    It's one of the best shows I've ever seen that I absolutely cannot recommend to people.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

huh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

huh
    Definitely worth the watch, but perhaps best if you are a little older and/or have consumed the first two and thoroughly enjoy the genre. And don't mind your cinematic icons/heroes getting along in years. Soundtrack an 80s delight!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Definitely worth the watch, but perhaps best if you are a little older and/or have consumed the first two and thoroughly enjoy the genre. And don't mind your cinematic icons/heroes getting along in years. Soundtrack an 80s delight!
    I agree. I thought it was a lot of fun. Nothing groundbreaking, but a fun way to fill two hours.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Gave up on Behind Her Eyes after 3 slow burn episodes, read what happens in the rest of the series, and was glad that I did lol.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Finished off That 90s Show Part 2 this morning... it made me laugh. I'll take laughing over not laughing.

Good cameos and I liked that bit with that song from Reality Bites especially (keeping some vagueness about it).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Holy crap. For as bad as S3 of The Umbrella Academy was, S4 says hold my mother effin' cosmo and watch us commit actual sins against the show bible.
    A bible, also known as a show bible or pitch bible, is a reference document used by screenwriters for information on characters, settings, and other elements of a television, film or video game project.
    I haven't felt so much disdain for every character on a show since we tried watching The Time Bandits on Apple+ but here at least there's three previous seasons of "well let's see where they go". Where do they go? everywhere but not for any real reason, just because they needed to fill out 6 episodes instead of the original 10. And even then the thing feels bloated!

Absolutely nothing about this season was good. Five? usually a really fun character to watch but not here. Klaus? Hey what if we took away all of his growth from the past three seasons and instead made him Howard Hughes that gets pimped out?

I can't believe that Gerard Way said "ok lets do this". Honestly it was like the last season of GoT in that the television series out-paced the books and so they made something up and it makes you retroactively wonder if the whole series is bad.

Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    by the way, i LOVED "The Pervert's Guide To Ideology."
    It's more of a lecture than a documentary, but a highly entertaining and enlightening lecture.

Due to Sheap's recent case of Anglophilia, we happened upon a British tv show version of Robin Hood that looks very promising.

And...new episodes of Orange is the New Black!!!!

I've watched a few, and they are good, except for they don't focus on Piper, which is odd to me.