Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Bloodline is really fucking good.
    I'm three episodes in. I'm getting frustrated by the flashbacks. Just tell me what happened!!!

I never watched Friday Night Lights so don't really have any hangup on Kyle whatshisname so overall, I really like the casting. Even the dude from Rescue Me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I finished Bloodlines. Highly recommend. The story could have gotten really stupid with one "monster" but instead everyone is good and bad in some way. I was wondering how they could possibly make another season, but they definitely left the door open for another story.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is the best show ever

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I watched Mad Men for the first time ever this weekend. Easily the most depressing show I've ever seen and I don't think I'm gonna continue any further (I stopped after S2Ep2).

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    can't find trailer park boys thread...
    enjoying the new season, but my friend says it is too slow.
    'fuck slut" is our word of the week now.
    lol.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I watched Mad Men for the first time ever this weekend. Easily the most depressing show I've ever seen and I don't think I'm gonna continue any further (I stopped after S2Ep2).
    That's about where I stopped awhile back too.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    That's about where I stopped awhile back too.
    I retract. On season 5. Still depressing but that Don/Peggy episode from season 4 was just THE BEST.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New series 'Sense8' from the Wachowski's debuts June 5th and looks pretty great.

Article.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Netflix Thread

Netflix Original: Gracie and Frankie.

Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are great together. This is not a rip on 9 to 5. Martin Sheen and Sam Waterson do only marginally as a couple (only up to the 4th episode). That part disappoints me.

Brooklyn Decker is pretty good too. I haven't seen any of her acting work.
    Last edited by Dra508; 05-19-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    New series 'Sense8' from the Wachowski's debuts June 5th and looks pretty great.

Article.

Really excited for this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sense8 actually looks good. Think it will make up for how laughably bad Jupiter Ascending?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My girlfriend has got me back into watching Orange Is The New Black. There are some tiresome plot streams but I'm overall very impressed with the acting and how the show is rolling out through Season 2 in general.

As a counter-point, I'm back to watching Sons Of Anarchy after stopping at Season 3 a while back. It's ridiculous but a fun ride.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Article.

Well I know what I'm watching this weekend.
    @sentient02970 , OITNB season 3 comes out next Friday.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    Sense8 actually looks good. Think it will make up for how laughably bad Jupiter Ascending?
    Jupiter Ascending was incredible fun. I can't believe how many people didn't realize what it was

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Half way through Sense8. Pretty good story, amazing photography, a bit violent and lots of gratuitous secks of all types.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Half way through Sense8. Pretty good story, amazing photography, a bit violent and lots of gratuitous secks of all types.
    I still don't know how i truly feel about it. There are moments of such passion and beauty but i think the story is taking way too long to get going. It's a pretty ballsy show which is nuts that it's taking this long of a build up. Are they that confident they'll be getting another season?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I still don't know how i truly feel about it. There are moments of such passion and beauty but i think the story is taking way too long to get going. It's a pretty ballsy show which is nuts that it's taking this long of a build up. Are they that confident they'll be getting another season?
    Gahhh I'm at episode 9! There has to be closure!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    late to the black mirror party but i LOVED it... every episode was great except for the waldo episode, which was still enjoyable just didn't pack the same punch.

just found the one i love and thoroughly enjoyed it. what seems like a rom com on paper is actually a lighter mix of black mirror with a bit of being john malkovich-esque surrealism.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Finished Sense8. I enjoyed it. Save for Spoiler: floating off on a boat to avoid Whisper is not a complete end to their issues. Where are they going, why won't he be at the other end? Also, all the Senses in the circle do not share what's going on with them with anyone else except for Nomi. I can see for the story why she needed the help of her girl friend, but if you were her, would you believe that this woman is seeing and feeling all of this? I suppose since she had been in the hospital in the beginning, it's more plausible. I do think they wrapped the season to easily have another with this circle of Sense8 or another.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finished Sense8. I enjoyed it. Save for Spoiler: floating off on a boat to avoid Whisper is not a complete end to their issues. Where are they going, why won't he be at the other end? Also, all the Senses in the circle do not share what's going on with them with anyone else except for Nomi. I can see for the story why she needed the help of her girl friend, but if you were her, would you believe that this woman is seeing and feeling all of this? I suppose since she had been in the hospital in the beginning, it's more plausible. I do think they wrapped the season to easily have another with this circle of Sense8 or another.
    Spoiler: He won't be at the other end waiting for them because his connection to the cluster was severed after Will drugged himself to sleep. Yeah that's something that bugged me how nobody save for Nomi and to an extent Will (although his partner mostly thought he was nuts) told anyone else about their connections. Also some of the characters barely ever connected with each other, Lito connected with the cluster the least i think.. there was the convo with Nomi and he used the Asian girl's martial arts skills and then i guess he and Wolfgang finally had a moment. I suppose the idea is just that there are stronger connections to specific people in the cluster like Riley and Will or Wolfgang and Kala. There seems to be stronger pairs within the cluster. Another thing is why didn't they ask questions more? a lot of them seemed to just come to terms with everything as if it's a natural phenomenon, i get that there were a lot of gradual experiences where they saw someone else in a mirror or suddenly they were in someone else's environment but you'd think they would have been freaking out a lot more than they were.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 06-11-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Netflix Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Spoiler: He won't be at the other end waiting for them because his connection to the cluster was severed after Will drugged himself to sleep. Yeah that's something that bugged me how nobody save for Nomi and to an extent Will (although his partner mostly thought he was nuts) told anyone else about their connections. Also some of the characters barely ever connected with each other, Lito connected with the cluster the least i think.. there was the convo with Nomi and he used the Asian girl's martial arts skills and then i guess he and Wolfgang finally had a moment. I suppose the idea is just that there are stronger connections to specific people in the cluster like Riley and Will or Wolfgang and Kala. There seems to be stronger pairs within the cluster. Another thing is why didn't they ask questions more? a lot of them seemed to just come to terms with everything as if it's a natural phenomenon, i get that there were a lot of gradual experiences where they saw someone else in a mirror or suddenly they were in someone else's environment but you'd think they would have been freaking out a lot more than they were.
    Spoiler: Severing the connection that was made by looking into his eyes is disconnected forever by being unconscious? That's weak, but I suppose how else are you going to get out of that mess. True about some sense8's being more useful and less. The Indian girl and the Mexican guy (can you tell I'm bad with names?) were the neediest characters until the final couple of episodes. His acting skills and her medical skills and that's about it. Bah - don't talk me out of liking this show! :P I loved the photography. Iceland was bad ass.

Enough! I still recommend it. What's next?

Edit: Orange Is The New Black of course. Loaded a few hours early.......
    Last edited by Dra508; 06-11-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Severing the connection that was made by looking into his eyes is disconnected forever by being unconscious? That's weak, but I suppose how else are you going to get out of that mess. True about some sense8's being more useful and less. The Indian girl and the Mexican guy (can you tell I'm bad with names?) were the neediest characters until the final couple of episodes. His acting skills and her medical skills and that's about it. Bah - don't talk me out of liking this show! :P I loved the photography. Iceland was bad ass.

Enough! I still recommend it. What's next?

Edit: Orange Is The New Black of course. Loaded a few hours early.......
    Why is that weak? I think it makes sense. The things some people find to nitpick is astounding.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Am I crazy or was there a separate OITNB thread here?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Why is that weak? I think it makes sense. The things some people find to nitpick is astounding.
    Perhaps I have high expectations that a show like this one would have a more complex ending then Spoiler: sending them off on a boat If that's being a nitpicker, so be it.

@onthewall2983 I'm not sure, but I think OITNB talk is mostly in this thread, starting on the first page. I watched two episodes last night. Good set up explaining characters comings and goings for what appears to be a good story for the season. See what I did there @Rabbit .

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    This has been by far my favorite season of OITNB. I'll probably finish it tonight because I've been a hermit the last few days.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    This has been by far my favorite season of OITNB. I'll probably finish it tonight because I've been a hermit the last few days.
    I'm getting through it two episodes at a time, that's about as long as my BF can sit still and he really likes this show. I agree the writing has been great. There's isn't one character I dislike,...... Yet.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah... I finished it. It was awesome. I really liked the first season. Season two felt weird to me. But this is just might be one of my favorite seasons of a show ever. I'll rewatch it down the road, and see if that is just the newness speaking right now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm getting through it two episodes at a time, that's about as long as my BF can sit still and he really likes this show. I agree the writing has been great. There's isn't one character I dislike,...... Yet.
    That's what I've enjoyed about OITNB the most; they've managed to give each character a multi-faceted existence. S3 has focused
    on some of the minor characters and I was actually rooting for Pennsatucky this season, especially in the episode where Big Boo helped her realize that she had a problem and then helped her deal with said problem.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I hated OITNB season 3 so very much. As in, I'm done with the show. There's no way for that ship to right itself. It was cheesy and clichéd. I kind of expected a decline, as Kenji Kohan's Weeds sucked after season 3 but this was a way sharper decline than Weeds. That first season was so good and then season two wasn't quite as good but there were still very interesting things going on. This season went full on Atypical Women's Prison Grindhouse Tropes 101.