Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    And I'll just leave this here:

GOOD FUCKING GOD

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, she's cute. No real build up, no real story for her, though and she exists purely for that payoff (Chapman's revenge).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah. I really didn't understand what was happening when she showed up. It was like... "Oh hey, I'm new here" and then like 5 days later she was like "lol, getting out. BYE".

I was really confused. I should rewatch the episode where she appears, because I feel like I really missed something.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm really not trying to be a jerk and I think I even told you to start watching OITNB awhile back, but for serious, this last season was a colossal dick punch.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, it might have been you. I REALLY enjoyed it, but even while watching it, I figured it would lose some people. I really, really liked getting the backstories from a lot of the characters. I like how Piper basically just seems part of an ensemble now, instead of being the main focus. I think it touched on some really great social issues, which I of coursed loved.

I even had the same thoughts about Jenji and Weeds when it just went completely off the fucking rails. I was waiting to hate this season, and it was by far my favorite.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can't wait for the new supernatural series based around the legend of the Montauk project that's coming in 2016.
    I know it was suppose to be called "Montauk" but heard they're changing it.
    Apparently Winona Ryder signed on as a main character and the folks behind "Wayward Pines" are bringing this to Netflix.
    I live out on Long Island, we have a local legend about the town of Montauk on the east end that involves a secret military experimentation on children, invisibility cloaking, time travel and other crazy shit.
    Montauk does have a crazy military base out there with a huge radar and antenna array, but it's closed to the public with buildings built into the hills over there.
    You can see the radar and some of the buildings from the local parks that surround it, but it's apparently guarded and watched so folks won't try and break in.
    I suggest you Google "Montauk Project" to learn about our island's little legend... it's sorta similar to the Philadelphia Experiment.
    Apparently we were trying to bend lightwaves around military ships to make them invisible, but instead we opened up some time/space portal and the ship disappeared and when it came back the men on it were either dead or embedded into the ship.
    I don't know how much of the legend that this show will actually include.
    There's also a story about a chair/machine that we developed with the help of aliens that helped us manifest what we imagined.
    And apparently it was being used for nefarious purposes, so someone imagined a monster for the machine to create and sabotaged the project when it destroyed the place and everything had to be shut down and sealed.
    Fake... real... who cares... it's still a crazy story to search and read about.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-18-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I fucking ADORED OITNB season 3

Sense8 kicked ass.
    @neorev , how was Wayward Pines?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I have to watch OITNB for work and it's making me want to blow my brains out, it's so fucking horribly depressing. UGH.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I fucking ADORED OITNB season 3

Sense8 kicked ass.
    @neorev , how was Wayward Pines?
    I haven't watched Wayward Pines yet
    But I heard good things and comparisons to other shows/movies that peaked my interest

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I have to watch OITNB for work and it's making me want to blow my brains out, it's so fucking horribly depressing. UGH.
    season 3?

it's a strange show. i literally laughed and cried.

Hey has anyone watched Jericho? it sounds like my cup of tea, for real.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I thought the third season of Orange Is The New Black was kinda crappy
    Felt too sitcom-y

I did enjoy Sense8, though the finale was a little lackluster

I can't wait for A Series Of Unfortunate Events show to start next year

Did anyone watch Bloodline???
    Now that was a pretty tense show

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

Did anyone watch Bloodline???
    Now that was a pretty tense show
    Yes. I thought it was good. Casting interesting, great locale. Is that one season and done?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yes. I thought it was good. Casting interesting, great locale. Is that one season and done?
    Hopefully we get a second season
    Definitely left off that more shit was about to go down
    I can't imagine them stopping just yet

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's been renewed for a 2nd season.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    An Honorable Woman. Two episodes in- really enjoying.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Yeah. I really didn't understand what was happening when she showed up. It was like... "Oh hey, I'm new here" and then like 5 days later she was like "lol, getting out. BYE".
    people are often transferred while doing time, for various reasons.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Having the guard rape Pennsatucky was gross - it was bad enough when she was acting like a dog and fetching things he was throwing. But of course, no one made a big stink about it because Ruby Rose is on the show. Ah, hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 06-23-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @Miss Baphomette , you DO realize that probably MOST of the people reading this thread haven't seen that part yet.

But yeah, i cried. I teared up a few times this season. It's a powerful fucking show.

And unfortunately, that shit happens...a LOT.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Miss Baphomette , you DO realize that probably MOST of the people reading this thread haven't seen that part yet.

And unfortunately, that shit happens...a LOT.
    I have no idea what the spoiler rules are for Netflix shows. It dropped last week, right? I'll go back and add tags - thanks for pointing it out.

That's not a very good argument for it's inclusion, @elevenism

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I have no idea what the spoiler rules are for Netflix shows. It dropped last week, right? I'll go back and add tags - thanks for pointing it out.

That's not a very good argument for it's inclusion, @elevenism
    oh yeah, i see your point. and since i watched the whole thing the day it came out...
    personally, i THINK you can remove the spoiler tags. what does everyone else think?

that's the only thing i DON'T like about netflix originals.
    at our house, releasing them all at once like that means that we get to watch the shows one day per year.

i did notice that one of the new ones is being released weekly.

Last night i watched a pretty good doc about Pussy Riot. I didn't know anything about them or their movement. Now i think that they are fucking awesome-not that they are a great band, but what they stand for and what they do is awesome.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Netflix Thread

I have two more episodes of OITNB to watch. I promised not to Netflix cheat.

I did finish watching An Honorable Woman. Really liked it. Better than Homeland. I might have to watch it again.
    Last edited by Dra508; 06-24-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Having the guard rape Pennsatucky was gross - it was bad enough when she was acting like a dog and fetching things he was throwing. But of course, no one made a big stink about it because Ruby Rose is on the show. Ah, hypocrisy.
    Yeah, I don't know what the big whoop is about Ruby Rose. Her story was sort of weak. Same with Lori Perry - I wish they made her multi dimensional - sort of like every other character. Maybe she'll be there next season (there is a next season) and they'll give us a back story or explore her new found friend Mei.

I appreciated the Pennsatucky story - all of it, it explains her far more then have all those abortions.

Oh yeah, I finished the season last night - need something new to watch.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Netflix Thread

4 episodes into Narcos. I really like how all the narcos are speaking Spanish with subtitles and then the DEA is in English, very realistic. Decent job depicting the late 80's.

Edit: done. Clearly, they are looking for a second season. So unnecessary.
    Last edited by Dra508; 08-30-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Watched all of Narcos, I recommend it. It's a lot like watching the movie Titanic, where you already know the outcome but you are still compelled to watch.
    I think the series is well done, it is more authentic done in Spanish as another member had pointed out. There are subtitles and narration by an American DEA agent. If you know the story of Pablo Escabar or what was released publicly to the media. It does seem to follow the actual events of his story. I like that, usually based on a true story type of movies or series, the writers feel the need to over dramatize actual events but this is Pablo Escabar, YOU DON'T HAVE TO.
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 09-01-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Wait, new episodes? Really?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    currently watching "jessica jones" and really enjoying it. episode 4 lined up for the weekend...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    currently watching "jessica jones" and really enjoying it. episode 4 lined up for the weekend...
    I watched the first episode.

Not a comic person, but I like a dark woman character.

Sense8 is getting a second season.