Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Preferred Hesitation Marks album cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Preferred Hesitation Marks album cover

Didnt know if this should be its own thread...

What is everyones favorite artwork? I couldn't decide on which album cover to use on my iPod so I thought I'd find out everyone else's opinions for the "quintessential" album artwork for HM

To make it easier, everyone can vote here

Standard
    Deluxe Edition
    Vinyl
    Digital
    iTunes Deluxe Edition
    Japanese Standard Edition
    Last edited by elementroejoy; 08-29-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Album Covers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I might be in the minority here, but I prefer the DE's artwork.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i quite like all four, though i think the digital (the one with the grid & the matches) is my favorite. it's also currently the background on my phone.

i do wish the vinyl cover had been used for the standard CD and vice versa.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Weirdly, until I have a version in my hands or on my phone, what I still keep picturing is the original orange/blue image with the fishing lines. I like all the other versions more, that initial image is just stuck in my head.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Weirdly, until I have a version in my hands or on my phone, what I still keep picturing is the original orange/blue image with the fishing lines. I like all the other versions more, that initial image is just stuck in my head.
    mine, too. i don't mind it as an image (and i saw it as part of the vinyl package...it's nice) but i HATE IT as an album cover.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What I'm using is the digital cover for the main album, and the original (iTunes deluxe) cover for the remixes, to differentiate the two discs in iTunes, since the digital covers are intended to be for the digital files. Of course, if the official release does different art for every track, then that goes out the window.

Oh, and the three singles all are using their respective artworks.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    I have no idea. And I've been so impressed by the individual pieces for "Came Back Haunted," "Copy of A," and "Everything," that I'd allowed them each to keep their respective artwork. I didn't do that for the Ghosts tracks (mostly because a lot of the images were not my cup of tea); I didn't do it for The Slip, even though I loved the individual images; but I did let each track keep its own art for Oblivion, because watching that image degrade as you cycle through the tracks is pretty cool.

If only I didn't love Russell Mills' works so fucking much. I'd checked in on him more than a few times since it became possible to check in on pretty much anyone, thanks to the 'net. I like all five covers of the album (though I think the iTunes deluxe cover would be a last resort). I've actually pondered this a bit in the past few days. Normally, I kinda hate when people hashtag things, but: #firstworldproblems.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Can someone post up the various cover artwork? It would greatly help this thread.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I prefer the vinyl for the album, and the deluxe edition cover for the bonus tracks disc.

I then use the orange cover for the Tension rehearsals.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Digital

Deluxe

Standard

Vinyl
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 08-29-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    also, it bothered me that the "singles" came with the tags as they were:

album - hesitation marks

track - BLANK OUT OF BLANK

:: shudder ::

so, i made each one track one of one, and named the "album" for each the name of the song, so they're all standalone. that way, they're also separate from the full album once i download it on the 3rd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I like the iTunes Deluxe Edition. It recalls both TDS and The Fragile, while simultaneously expanding on both of them. The Standard Edition cover also looks awesome. But the former should really have been used as a slip case to the latter, at the very least.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Deluxe edition fo sho.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I like the iTunes Deluxe Edition. It recalls both TDS and The Fragile, while simultaneously expanding on both of them. The Standard Edition cover also looks awesome. But the former should really have been used as a slip case to the latter, at the very least.
    Oh shit, yeah, absolutely ! Man that would have looked rad...

Edit : oh, the iTunes DE ? Should learn about those reading skills everyone talks about... I thought you were talking about the actual DE. I'd love the itunes DE cover art if the logo wasn't so horrendously implemented. Who came up with that ? I can't believe Sheridan would do that, especially after the brilliance of The Slip's minimalism...
    Last edited by Khrz; 08-29-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The lightened cover of the Japanese version reminds me of when Amazon gets cover art so ridiculously wrong with their miscoloured versions.

...I also still kindof want it.

#ninfanproblems

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I like standard, digital & iTunes versions, but I unable to decide which one of them is the very best.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Standard. Looks great, has the eye catching, follow-me tiles down the bottom..

Digital I hate the matches and it looks 1990s emo.
    Deluxe the left hand side with its not-quite-black, not-quite-grey bothers me, and I don't think it'll work in real life unless the colours are just right. I can't even work out what the blank parts are supposed to be, digital cutout or the edge of the canvas or what?
    Vinyl is an uneven ugly mess, automatic disqualification. Gross. Get that shit out of here.
    iTunes deluxe has that dumb non-logo that doesn't appear anywhere on any other covers and I don't understand why it hasn't gotten the regular text on it? If it did, maybe I'd like it. In fact I know I would, it'd probably be my preferred cover.
    Japanese cover is (now) ruined for me by howdidisipinto's point above! Now I know why it's bothered me! Maybe the physical edition won't have the colour difference.

And Mills' explanations for the covers is awful first year arts degree crap and don't even get me started. Prefer the Carson or Sheridan method, thank you very much.

Love the album though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Digital. Which incidentally uses the same colour palette as March Of The Pigs

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Preferred Hesitation Marks album cover

Quote Originally Posted by LeviSnuts View Post
    I prefer the vinyl for the album, and the deluxe edition cover for the bonus tracks disc.

I then use the orange cover for the Tension rehearsals.
    Wait, did I miss something or was there a release of studio session recordings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm making my decision purely on how it looks in album view in iTunes. Standard gives a brown background, as does the digital version. The Deluxe just gives a black background with white text, and I think that's pretty boring. The vinyl cover looks like a bad Dave McKean Sandman cover, and while it gives a greyish blue background it gives boring white text, so that's kinda blah. That leaves the iTunes deluxe cover, which gives a nice blue background with orange highlight colors. I think it's the most striking anyway.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Personally as I stated before I prefer the DE edition, as I think it echoes the TDS artwork awesomely :

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I think I'd actually go for the Deluxe Edition first, then the Digital cover, and then the Standard cover. (I voted for the Deluxe Edition.)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I prefer the Digital.

I wonder if iTunes will get individual artwork for each song like The Slip did.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    I prefer the Digital.

I wonder if iTunes will get individual artwork for each song like The Slip did.
    iTunes does that ? I know (believe firmly) that the official mp3 digital download will, but I'm not so sure about the iTunes Store purchase...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Personally as I stated before I prefer the DE edition, as I think it echoes the TDS artwork awesomely :

That's awesome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Mind = blown.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Where I was originally pretty leery about it--I can't get over the vinyl cover now, so that's that for me. It just draws me in. Ordered it yesterday after I knew I dug the album enough, and that I had the funds.

I ordered the Deluxe Edition first, early on, and of course I love that cover too.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-29-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    iTunes does that ? I know (believe firmly) that the official mp3 digital download will, but I'm not so sure about the iTunes Store purchase...
    Well if they sent the artwork over to iTunes then its possible. I guess by iTunes I just meant digital in general really.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I really wish the standard version was the artwork for the Vinyl version. The vinyl's current cover art is a mess and annoys the shit out of me....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I bounce between standard and digital. At this moment I prefer the digital.