Now that Hesitation Marks has come out, I've been wondering where it fits in the pecking order of NIN albums.

1. THE FRAGILE
(undisputed king; all the ferocity of broken, the variety of with teeth, the anger of TDS, great instrumentals, it has everything)

2. WITH TEETH (if you ask me, there's more great songwriting here than any other album besides Fragile)

3. HESITATION MARKS (not quite as varied as WT, but packs a mean punch and more than one stone-cold classic song)

4. BROKEN (very short, but packs a wallop)

5. YEAR ZERO (criminally underrated: great songwriting, unique sound, and a nice lyrical break from business as usual for Trent)

6. GHOSTS I-IV (a little long-winded, yes, but an incredible experience nonetheless)

7. THE SLIP
(another one that gets underrated a lot. The Slip is kinda light and thrown-together, but it's got zero fat and it's a ton of fun)

8. PRETTY HATE MACHINE (great but a little uneven and dated-sounding)

9. THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL
(overrated. There I said it. A great record like all NIN records, but emotionally one-note except for Hurt, and bloated in the middle)

10. STILL (how does this count for people as a NIN record? It's like a tape of glorified demos)