Thread: ninwiki

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'll be updating the Main Page's list of Soundtracks & Scores tomorrow or the next day. If anyone has any suggestions or requests for other modifications to that page, I'm all ears.
    I had a few ideas back in October:
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    The Scores & Soundtracks section on the homepage is looking severely outdated, as well. We should at least get The Vietnam War, Mid90s, Bird Box, & Watchmen added to that. It'd also be a good move to make sure there's enough room to add Waves, The Woman in the Window, Soul, and whatever else pops up in the next year. Maybe Scores deserves it's own dedicated row at this point (like the NIN releases section) and HTDA can split a row with Soundtracks since both of them only have a handful of releases. If splitting up Soundtracks & Scores is frowned upon (though they are very different), maybe pair HTDA with something like "Remixes for Others" or "Releases by other NIN members" like Sonoio, etc.?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I've added some scores to the list on the main page. Separating out the scores and soundtrack sounds like a good idea, but we're running out of space in the thumbnail release listing area...

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    maybe pair HTDA with something like "Remixes for Others" or "Releases by other NIN members" like Sonoio, etc.?
    I like the idea of moving HTDA somewhere else to free up space and make it look a little cleaner. Maybe replacing the Year Zero ARG box with something like "Related Projects" like you said. What else could go under there, besides HTDA and Sonoio? Would we include Filter? Tapeworm? Pigface? If we don't have enough, we could probably expand our definition a little and include APC, Manson, Tool, etc.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I like the idea of moving HTDA somewhere else to free up space and make it look a little cleaner. Maybe replacing the Year Zero ARG box with something like "Related Projects" like you said. What else could go under there, besides HTDA and Sonoio? Would we include Filter? Tapeworm? Pigface? If we don't have enough, we could probably expand our definition a little and include APC, Manson, Tool, etc.
    The discography on the official site has a "Family" and "Miscellaneous" section. In my opinion, if we're adding something with thumbnails, it should be closer to "Family". HTDA should be its own section; ideally, so should Atticus Ross since he's an official member. SONOIO, 12 Rounds, Cortini, Telefon Tel Aviv, and New Regime, like it is on the official site makes sense.

The problem with "Related" is it opens too many doors, then you're stuck highlighting only a few with thumbnails, which is fine but not ideal. If you're going to throw up APC for writing credits, then why not Lil Nas X? If you're putting up APC because of touring as well... I'm sure you can see where that's going. If you want to have a section like that then I'd highlight the biggies, such as Manson, Pigface, Saul Williams, David Bowie... I had to stop myself there.

That's a lot to say my vote is for Atticus Ross, first and foremost.