Thread: Gaming and Technology News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    CD Projekt Group are not having a good week.

So as some know they have their Projekt Red division that develops games like The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077, they also have their own digital storefront called GOG or Good Old Games. Well GOG let everyone know via tweet that they have seemingly decided to kowtow to China and not sell a Taiwanese game called "Devotion" because it pokes fun at their dear leader Xi Jinping. They're saying it's a decision based on feedback from "gamers". Big fucking LOL

The history with the game Devotion goes back to early 2019 when the game was released on Steam, after the offending material about Xi was discovered it got review-bombed and then removed from the store altogether.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Holy shit, it's not vaporware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Holy shit, it's not vaporware.

I'd get an Atari VCS if I'm able to add emulators to it. I would think you could if they're allowing you to install Windows or Linux on the system.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    I'd get an Atari VCS if I'm able to add emulators to it. I would think you could if they're allowing you to install Windows or Linux on the system.
    Pretty sure that you can. I hope it succeeds but we'll see. Competition and options are always great.