Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Metal Gear Solid

I can't ever imagine MGS4 on any other console. It was specifically developed for PS3. If they would port it, they would have to change a great deal of stuff. Particularly, the battle with Screaming Mantis, which relies heavily on sixaxis.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If you haven't bought MGR yet and are interested in the Jetstream Sam and Bladewolf DLC packs, you can get all three bundled together on the PSN Store for $63.99, and Playstation Plus members can get it for 44 fucking dollars and 79 cents. Just throwing it out there.

You could actually buy 3 months of PS Plus ($17.99) AND THEN the MGR bundle ($44.79) and still save yourself a dollar ($62.78 total). If you're wanting to buy this game and don't have PS Plus, I'd definitely take that route. You can get Sleeping Dogs and a bunch of other goodies for free right now, for both PS3 and Vita.

Apparently, it comes with some skins, too.

For a limited time, download the complete Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance experience with this “Ultimate Edition”. The items included in this bundle are:

• METAL GEAR RISING: Revengeance (Full Game)

• 8 MGR Downloadable Content Items:
    - VR Missions
    - Jetstream Mission (Side-Story)
    - Blade Wolf Mission (Side-Story)
    - Cyborg Ninja Armor Skin (w/ powerful “Fox Blade”)
    - METAL GEAR SOLID 4: Raiden Skin
    - Commando Armor Skin
    - White Armor Skin (Healing Power Increase)
    - Inferno Armor Skin (Max Throwing Weapons Increase)
    Experience Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance like never before. Buy it now!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-23-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

If you bought the HD collection on the PS3, you pretty much got screwed. MGS Legacy Collection is a PS3 exclusive and comes with every main story game.

MGS3HD
    Peace Walker HD
    Metal Gear
    Metal Gear 2
    Metal Gear Solid 1 (original PS1)
    Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (Get to play as Gray Fox!)
    Metal Gear Solid 2 HD
    Metal Gear Solid 4 (with trophies)

I haven't read anything about MG, MG2, MGS1 and VR Missions having trophies or not. I really hope they add trophies to them. I'd platinum the fuck out of MGS1 and VR Missions since MGS1 is my favorite game of all time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MG1 and 2 are included on the MGS3 special edition.
    The new content is the VR missions for one (They said that 1 is just the psx classic version) and the Ashely williams digital comics. The comics are on PSP/Vita already.
    So you are only really as screwed as any other directors cut/reissue package.
    Sounds pretty nice, they haven't confirmed it for Europe though.. sad face,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post

If you bought the HD collection on the PS3, you pretty much got screwed. MGS Legacy Collection is a PS3 exclusive and comes with every main story game.

MGS3HD
    Peace Walker HD
    Metal Gear
    Metal Gear 2
    Metal Gear Solid 1 (original PS1)
    Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (Get to play as Gray Fox!)
    Metal Gear Solid 2 HD
    Metal Gear Solid 4 (with trophies)

I haven't read anything about MG, MG2, MGS1 and VR Missions having trophies or not. I really hope they add trophies to them. I'd platinum the fuck out of MGS1 and VR Missions since MGS1 is my favorite game of all time.
    And I had to buy the HD collection......

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    meh, I bought the HD collection for PS3 and Vita, so I already felt ripped off.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Unless you want the graphic novels and VR Missions, I wouldn't bother. MGS1 is downloadable, I think. So it's basically the HD collection in a nicer package with DLC (MGS1 and VR), and two books if you don't feel like playing the first two games...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'm just gonna try to track down a copy of VR Missions for PS1, and if I can't get that, I guess I'll just shrug it off. This should have been the HD Collection. I would've bought the hell out of it, even if they wanted $100 for it.

But hey, what better way to make money off new fans of the franchise after Revengeance?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I'd rather hear more about MGS5. Not reissues they're repackaging after six months.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    For the price of a normal game, this is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'd rather hear more about MGS5. Not reissues they're repackaging after six months.
    Which for MGR in general is also unfair to the Xbox 360 players yet again.

I'm interested in buying this for my PS3 but lack the funds to do so. If I had some I'd definitely do it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I'm considering the option of "just to have it". Would probably look cool on a bookshelf. Trade in my HD collection. Something cool for the collectors I guess.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm considering the option of "just to have it". Would probably look cool on a bookshelf. Trade in my HD collection. Something cool for the collectors I guess.
    I already traded in my HD Collection and MGS4 towards the Legacy collection. For $50 we get all of those games, plus the novels and an artbook. That's pretty awesome. It would also look good in my game collection as well.

Plus my copy of VR Missions doesn't work on my PS3 for some strange reason.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Kiefer Sutherland is the new voice of Snake in MGSV.

Go to about 10:35 in the video. Also, David Hayter is apparently unimpressed at his firing...

@DavidBHayter Ah well, Can't fault @RealKiefer Great actor, good man. The game will probably still be excellent. Like New Coke!

@DavidBHayter To my beloved Tweeps, I can't thank you enough for all your support. Getting fired was never so heartwarming. You all rock, DH

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Still bummed to see Hayter go. But, I'm pretty happy that they got Kiefer to replace him. I'm curious to hear his take of Big Boss now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still holding out hope that Hayter is still bluffing and is going to appear in the game as Solid Snake.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MGSV looks incredible. Dunno how I feel about Keiffer Sutherland voicing Snake, but I'm sure I'll get over it if the new trailer is anything to go by.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    As far as Sutherland goes, I can dig him taking over as Big Boss. He's not Solid Snake, which I think is important to remember. We could still see Hayter later on, I think.

Oh yeah, and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Edit: It's probably about time for me to finally play Peace Walker, huh?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yes, play Peace Walker. I'm kinda lost as to what they're doing with Ground Zeroes. Are they simply combining them? It's been said that it's the prologue though.

Game looks incredible though. Seems like it's part red dead, farcry, assassin's creed and MGS in one game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apparently, Ground Zeroes is to MGSV what Tanker is to MGS2.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yeah. But they aren't very clear if it's a single game with two parts, or two separate games. It'd be nice if it plays out like MGS2 though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Red band trailer holy shit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that Hayter is still bluffing and is going to appear in the game as Solid Snake.
    Me too. I know it's not likely and he keeps swearing up and down that he hasn't been asked back for the game, but the big essay he wrote explaining that was released on April Fools Day, so...hope springs eternal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenLeslie View Post
    Me too. I know it's not likely and he keeps swearing up and down that he hasn't been asked back for the game, but the big essay he wrote explaining that was released on April Fools Day, so...hope springs eternal.
    This is my hope too, the Kiefer switch up is really keeping me from fully being excited about this game, but a Solid Snake Hayter tease would make up for it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This looks really, really good. It looks like it has the potential to be one of the best games ever. But I know from my experience that the depth in story implied by that trailer is likely to be hampered by wacky, over the top writing and that the gameplay will possibly suffer from retarded control schemes.

I REALLY hope this doesn't happen because I'm going to buy the game anyway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As long as it isn't mostly cutscenes like 4 I'm good.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Anyone else think that the blonde kid in the trailer is

Spoiler: Liquid? I mean, he is a kid at that time and he was raised over seas PLUS it just looks like him. It has to be Liquid.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well...

Spoiler: It's definitely possible. He was born in the early 70s, and Phantom Pain takes place in the 80s, so he could be in it as a teenager. So timing could make sense.

And what about the old guy? Code Talker. Why do I have a feeling that he's Zero. Zero was in his 50s during MGS3. He looks awfully old, like 80s old. Plus, he ended up living past 100. Of course, though, I'm going by his codec info from MGS3.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Well...

Spoiler: It's definitely possible. He was born in the early 70s, and Phantom Pain takes place in the 80s, so he could be in it as a teenager. So timing could make sense.

And what about the old guy? Code Talker. Why do I have a feeling that he's Zero. Zero was in his 50s during MGS3. He looks awfully old, like 80s old. Plus, he ended up living past 100. Of course, though, I'm going by his codec info from MGS3.
    Spoiler: Code Talker could be Zero. I mean, honestly, with Kojima, anything is really possible. There was some speculation that the sniper girl in the trailer (can't think of her name, Quiet, I think?) is Sniper Wolf.

Still waiting on that Snatcher remake, Kojima.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Spoiler: Code Talker could be Zero. I mean, honestly, with Kojima, anything is really possible. There was some speculation that the sniper girl in the trailer (can't think of her name, Quiet, I think?) is Sniper Wolf.

Still waiting on that Snatcher remake, Kojima.

There's quite a few references from Snatcher throughout the series. Especially MGS1.

Spoiler: I'd be cool to see Sniper Wolf, but I seriously doubt that's her. Would definitely fit the trend since Psycho Mantis even makes an appearance. But I doubt it's her. But, if it is, it'd interesting. But I doubt it, considering her past referenced in MGS1