Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drunk Tank

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Need some help from some fellow drinkers:

Every year on christmas eve me and some friends have a get together after church where we have burnt punch etc. This year I want to amp it up a notch and have something really nice or totally strange to drink. Like some extravaganza shots etc. that go well with Christmas in general (eggnog, cinammon, apples and the likes).

Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The Drunk Tank

Apple pie? Egg nogg White Russians , though not sure if they'd be good. I'm more a beer guy so mg drink repertoire is limited.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    If you can buy egg nogg jello where you live you can make egg nogg jello shots. At my Christmas party last year we just said "fuck it" though and made 'em with lime jello and tequila.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My sister's husband and her family have a disgusting yearly tradition: Nog Balls, which consist of egg nog and Dr. McGillicuddy's Fireball Whiskey. *shudder*

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    My sister's husband and her family have a disgusting yearly tradition: Nog Balls, which consist of egg nog and Dr. McGillicuddy's Fireball Whiskey. *shudder*
    That sounds amazing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Haha damn right! That sounds amazing and I'm even able to get that Fireball Whiskey at a local liquor store. Guess that's exactly what I am looking for!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hah! Well you can both drink my share!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    LEFTOVER PUMPKIN BEERS ARE ON CLEARANCE AT THE BCL!!! Picked up a couple of Granville Islands "The Pumpkining" for $4 each, I think they were almost $7 in October. Fuckyeah.

*edit* more after-work beers tonight. I love having steady income again.

SECOOND EDIT* I'm drunk as fuck and I love you all ubut this would be too muc for the love list thread so I drunkluv-list @Fixer808 and @johnbron and @Thaned and @NotoriousTIMP and @wix and Gary for being ETSers who have drank with me (or in the case of @johnbron , witnessed me drink, because he was with his girlfriend and opted for brownies over beers).
    @october_midnight and @ManBurning get an honorary mention because I saw them when I was drunk but didn't actually drink or chat with them. Maybe this will be settled soon in a Vancouver ETS meet-up? We'll see.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 12-11-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    VanDrinkmas ETS Apocalypse?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, staff xmas parties should be abolished. I am obliterated right now but wouldn't trade the after party with friend-coworkers for anything, so much fun.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, staff xmas parties should be abolished. I am obliterated right now but wouldn't trade the after party with friend-coworkers for anything, so much fun.
    I did the holiday work party last night and I've spent the whole day today recovering.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Mine's not until January because everywhere nearby is booked solid for the next few weeks. My body is ready for free booze, but I don't know if my coworkers are ready for me being exposed to free booze.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    From when I stumbled in the door at 4:15 this morning after the XXXmas Fetish party, minus the black angel wings I'd been wearing at the bar:

The black eye makeup was camo paint, and was darker and extended down my neck a bit, at the start of the night...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    It looks like I'm going to be spending Christmas alone, most likely getting shitfaced. Kinda shitty, but my family isn't big on Christmas anyway so it's not like I'm going to miss much. But in preparation for most places being closed that day I'm going stock up with a couple bottles of actual decent booze and ingredients to make actual good drinks and watch some actual good movies. Any suggestions for any of those things? So far all I've planned is making Manhattans and watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 12-17-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Have you ever drank so much so early that you woke up at 2am hungover and fully clothed?

Fuck.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yes. Yes I have.

And in regard to your first post, Die Hard 1 and 2.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Water wasn't cutting it for me so I'm having another dinner and a coup[le caesers. Thankfully I don't work until the afternoon.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Gonna get my absinthe on tomorrow. I'm stoked. It will be the perfect way to start my two week winter break.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I love absinthe, but don't like it too sweet. I never add sugar or go through the whole "ritual". Just a splash of cold water and I'm happy.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I love absinthe, but don't like it too sweet. I never add sugar or go through the whole "ritual". Just a splash of cold water and I'm happy.
    I never had it without the sugar. There is only one place here in the desert that serves it (they call it the "Oscar Wilde" lol) but I'm meeting up with this guy who only drinks absinthe. It's gonna be interesting.

Btw, which is the best brand out there? From my research, Lucid and Mansinthe are the brands to drink. I have had Lucid but not Mansinthe.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm not sure offhand. Friend of mine would know better, he's a bigger fan than I. I've had a couple Czech ones that weren't good, some French, and bottle my parents brought me from a trip to Europe:

Also, I tried a brand called Taboo at a tasting at a local liquor store. It's made in BC's Interior region and isn't bad.
    Taboo Absinthe

The name is silly, though. Like when I went to a bar and ordered absinthe, and on the menu it was listed as a "... daring cocktail!"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    You say Absinthe, I say 'Angel of Death'

It's been 3 years and this picture still makes me feel sick

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh GOD!

And now, being the sadist I am, I'm putting this shot out to the internet in general and nobody can sue me because DON'T DO THIS SHOT, I IMPLORE YOU, YOUR SAFETY IS AT RISK but The Flawless Emerald: 1 to 1 mix of absinthe and Everclear or 151.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I've spent my evening slowly sipping on Kraken rum (SO fucking good) and just....completely destroying my apartment. In an OCD way. You'd think I was on aderall. Cleaned dishes, put it all away, organized and re placed all the furniture in my room (this happens almost monthly but today I found a REALLY nice arrangement for everything. I've never read anything on feng shui, but i'm pretty sure my impulse is related to that philosophy. I'm constantly trying to find the best use of my spaces in a way that feels right and most spacious), I created a new dog/cat bed, put up a curtain in my room....anyways, in general just finally put everything "in it's place". I feel happy buzzed and excited to wake up to my organized apartment tomorrow.

P.S. This is my first day of my almost two week vacation. It'll be a drinkin' one!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    So, UN-destroying...?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    That post gave me multiple flashbacks to the last apartment I lived in. a few pots of coffee + a few grams of weed ÷ 3 room mates = clean as fuck apartment with a new furniture arrangement. One of the last arrangements had 2 couches side-by-side along 1 wall with 4 tvs side-by-side along the opposite wall. We played the fuck out of so many video games with that set-up, it was unreal. Got disqualified from a Call of Duty tournament once because apparently that was against the rules because it's an unfair advantage.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    You say Absinthe, I say 'Angel of Death'

It's been 3 years and this picture still makes me feel sick
    Holy shit! Mixing the two looks dangerous. Yuck.

I had 4 absinthe drinks last night and I don't feel that bad today.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Holy shit! Mixing the two looks dangerous. Yuck.
    When you take the first one, you're prepared for the worst, so it doesn't seem that bad. But nobody was ever able to hold down 2 for more a few minutes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I have spent the evening drinking a drink called a "Vampira":

- 1.5oz tequila
    - 1oz Clamato
    - 1oz grapefruit juice
    - splash of lemon juice
    - splash of hot sauce

I adjusted it to 2oz of everything, except the lemon juice and hot sauce, and it was sparkling grapefruit juice. It's WAY better than it sounds.