Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1371

Thread: The Drunk Tank

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Being drunk makes you a BETTER golfer. It's a scientific fact. I'm pretty worky this week, and broke, but I get paid on the 20th. Sometime after that let's get our Value Village clubs and hit Queen E Park pitch and putt, or Stanley Park!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    You know what, you're actually right. Me and my buddy would do alot of pitch 'n putt last year and drink on the course. As the game went on, i actually got BETTER.
    Some of my better holes of the game were near the end of the game after I had already had a few. Funny how that works out.

After countless times of renting my clubs, I finally got around to going to Value Village and scored a putter for only $3!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I filled a sport-bottle with pre-mixed mojito to do my drink on the sly. The foursome ahead of us got ticketed for drinking and/or smoking.
    Total bullshit, that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Being drunk makes you a BETTER golfer. It's a scientific fact.
    Can confirm. I can't play golf unless I'm drunk. Sober me sucks at that shit.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    When Beef came to town I got a pretty good buzz on before we hit the pitch & putt and I was amazed at how much better I played than usual! I'm totally down for beers and pitch & putt, can't do anything soon but say the weekend after next, maybe?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    My work schedule is pretty messed up for the next couple months. My days off usually fall mid week or on Sundays. I'm working every single Saturday til July.
    Unless we all have a day off in the middle of the week, or want to get drunk on a Sunday afternoon, might have to take a raincheck on the golf til the summer.
    Could still schedule some after work drinks on a Saturday evening though.

Saturday the 24th could work for me, I work til 6:15pm that night. Otherwise, I have Sunday the 25th off if ya guys wanna do some afternoon Sunday drinking and golf, heh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    My work schedule is pretty messed up for the next couple months. My days off usually fall mid week or on Sundays. I'm working every single Saturday til July.
    Unless we all have a day off in the middle of the week, or want to get drunk on a Sunday afternoon, might have to take a raincheck on the golf til the summer.
    Could still schedule some after work drinks on a Saturday evening though.

Saturday the 24th could work for me, I work til 6:15pm that night. Otherwise, I have Sunday the 25th off if ya guys wanna do some afternoon Sunday drinking and golf, heh.
    The 25th works for me!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I shall see what my schedule holds!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    [repost+edit from other board]

Russian NIN Community celebrates *online* (yeah, it's 2:20am) =HOLY DAY=

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Very cold White Zinfandel

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @Fixer808 @ManBurning @october_midnight so, are we still on for pitch & putt and a few drinks on Sunday?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    If I'm not working I'm in, I won't know until closer to the day though... :/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    @Fixer808 @ManBurning @october_midnight so, are we still on for pitch & putt and a few drinks on Sunday?
    I actually just got a promotion yesterday and will be swamped this weekend learning up on a bunch of shit before heading out to dinner at my in-laws, sorry bruvs.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    As far as I know. it's supposed to be raining. I donno about you guys, but i'm not too keen on golfing in the rain. I'd rather wait for a nice day. I guess the forecast can always change though, it's only Wednesday. But as of now, i vote no if the weather is poor.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Oh shit, I hadn't considered the weather. Sunshine is definitely a must-have.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    @ibanez33 - Even if the predicted rain clears up and we get some sun on Sunday, I am unfortunately 100% not available. There is water leaking from somewhere in my kitchen and the landlord is coming over on the weekend to try and fix it. It's apparently going to be a pretty big job too as he needs to completely take down the cupboards to find it. Sooo yeah, not fun.

We had another pipe spraying misty water out on Monday, so we wasted our Victoria Day holiday waiting for him to replace that. He figures he must have loosened or rattled one of the other pipes while fixing this one, but everything needs to be taken down now to find the leak.

So, I guess we can all try again next month.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Woooo vodka, beer and Cognac for my birthday!!!11

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Moonshine.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @ManBurning , do you have Fixer or OM on Facebook? We could get a group message thing going there instead of clogging up this thread when we get around to actually organizing this get-together.

*edit* if you don't have any of the 3 of us, send me a PM and I'll link you to my facebook page so we can all keep each other up to date on our schedules to find an opening.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 05-30-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Well there's the problem. That stuff is sippin' whiskey. Rocks glass, maybe with a bit of water, or neat.

Someone bought me a shot of Jameson again last night. Why does this keep happening?

I DO NOT WANT THIS (took it anyway)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    It's gonna be a good week.
    Damn shame you won't remember it, though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Reading through the beer vs wine (or ETS vs AgentofChaos) war in the "little things that piss you off" thread while drinking this ridiculous new Jeff O'Neil Show Exclusive Red Racer Maple Bacon Breakfast Ale is just hilarious.

Also this beer is pretty good, especially considering how cheap it is. Vancouver ETSers, pick one up sometime.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I dunno, I had a bad experience with Rogue's Maple Bacon Ale. It just tasted like they'd poured in some liquid smoke. Plus, it'll be hard to find some, that shit went like hotcakes...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Rogue ales are some overhyped shit.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That one certainly was. Ugh, never again...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tuesday night: Party and drink a quite a few shots of Fireball and Grey Goose.

Thursday night: A nice 25oz of Chimay Rouge, a glass (goblet, wouldn't it be?) of Chimay Blanc, and 2 Lindeman's framboises with one of my bosses.

Needless to say, if you've never had the Chimay Blanc, try it. That is a great tripel.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Fireball is magic.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    *vom* NO. I can't drink it anymore. There was... an incident, in my early 20's.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    *vom* NO. I can't drink it anymore. There was... an incident, in my early 20's.
    It seems ever since I was like 15 there's been an annual "incident" with Fireball which never teaches me a lesson. I *occasionally* have a single shot of it, like if it's cheap and people are buying rounds at the bar, or something, but every once in a while I happen upon a bottle and wake up covered in cinnevom.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I dunno, I had a bad experience with Rogue's Maple Bacon Ale. It just tasted like they'd poured in some liquid smoke. Plus, it'll be hard to find some, that shit went like hotcakes...
    Kitsilano Liquor Store on Broadway has a pretty decent amount.